Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 12:39pm

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    You need someone to talk to, and I don't mean a bunch of people on a forum. I mean a person sitting in front of you. Find a therapist, priest, older cop, whatever. Make sure this person has had experiences similar to yours. IOW that they have been down in the **** at some point in their life. This makes all the difference in the world.

I needed someone to talk to after Desert Storm. I found that I wasn't comfortable talking to people who had never had any experience with the military and the high stress situations that go along with being in the service. So I found a counselor who was retired military. I could talk to this guy because he knew where I was coming from.

Whatever you do, don't let your current mental state fester. Whether you realize it or not, the internal pressure is building. Don't wait until you go off on some poor slob. Take care of this ASAP. The longer you wait, the worse it will become. Unfortunately it will neither be easy nor quick to deal with this kind of ****, but the alternative sucks more. Believe me, I know.

I know of a number of older LEO's and ex-military who are divorced now and well on their way to an advanced case of cirrhosis because they were too stubborn or stupid to seek help. Don't be one of these guys.
    I agree with this jnp. You need some one to talk to who has "been there and done that" An older cop would be good, or a least some one who is used to dealing with this sort of thing.

This is the reason I am not a cop. I start to get mean. I start looking at everyone in the world as "scum-bag turds" because I see too much badness and stupidity.

Most people (about 88%) are good. I started thinking most people were bad, which is not true.

You might even find things to do in your off time that occupies your mind.

The reason I started martial arts (the second time as an adult) was because I need not only to exercise, but I needed something that occupied my mind.

Now exercise is one of the least reasons I do it.
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 1:38pm

Style: GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are searching for Peace of Mind.
    I believe that Understanding = Peace of Mind, (which is meant to be the function of shrinks).
    Better understanding of the world around you (the universe) helps lead to Peace of Mind.
    Some vague examples:
    I do not necessarily believe in Good and Bad, more so, I believe in Balanced and Unbalanced, the former usually associated with good and the latter with bad, too much water and a plant will die, too little water and a plant will die, too much sun and a plant will die, too little sun and a plant will die, only balance will allow the plant to sustain.
    That is not a lesson on plants, that is an example of one of the parameters that govern our universe, which helps us to understand it.
    Another is what's referred to as Yin/Yang, there are always two halves that create the One whole. The only reason we can see anything at all is due to the process of yin/yang, only through near and far, and light and dark are we able to visually distinguish anything, other examples are up and down, right and left, life and death, "good" and "bad"; nothing is without this. We only recognize one, but for the other. "Bad" is only recognizeable because of "good". That doesn't make bad a good thing, but it is merely an observation which brings a greater understanding about the world around us.
    Pursuing "good" and projecting it upon the world is an expression of yourself and the way you think it should be, but you must realize that the world does not have to be the way you believe it should be for you to understand it. People constantly astonish me with their ignorance/hate/selfishness/etc., but the same consciousness that enables you to pursue "good" is what allows others to pursue "bad", otherwise we would be perfect, like the animals of the world. So I do not believe that life is "good", it simply IS. It's magnificent, but not because it tries to be, and a greater understanding of it will lead to a greater peace of mind.

The following books are of great value to me:

"The Warrior Within" (John Little)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/080...lance&n=283155

"Tao Te Ching" (Stephen Hodge)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...lance&n=283155

I hope this is useful to you.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 1:52pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C 'Quence
    your craptacular new age garbage filled post
    You have no idea what's going on. You need to sit down and STFU.

Have you ever killed someone? If the answer is no then go stand in the corner NOW. Dumbass.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 1:52pm

Style: Aikijiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys... I know I need someone to talk to, who's been in the suck. I've got lots of friends mostly Marines and cops. They help the most...Once you've taken lives, you become a bit dispondant and certainly transformed. Telling me to "see someone" is pretty retarded. WHO? I'm stupid for asking for advice here. Don't get me wrong, I think these forums are great...perhaps I thought there are others here who've been in the same situation. I was hoping to hear something other than "you need to talk about it", I have been and it amounts to a pile of dogshit. I think I have strayed too far from God and that He is the one I really need to talk to. I'm far from unstable, in fact this has been my condition for the past five years. More than anything I think it takes time... to learn how to appreciate life, walk in the park... enjoy the little time you have. This one really got to me...but I guess that's between me and God now. Sorry for asking you what I already know.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 1:54pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God was wondering why you weren't returning his calls.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 2:07pm

Style: Aikijiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** you asshole... you're supposed to be staff, and to think I protect you. Hurry up and die!!!
    Last edited by Armed&Hammered; 5/25/2006 2:16pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 2:15pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty sure Os is more worried about being shot by you than anyone else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 2:54pm

Style: GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    You have no idea what's going on. You need to sit down and STFU.

Have you ever killed someone? If the answer is no then go stand in the corner NOW. Dumbass.
    Are you suggesting killing someone as a right of passage to better understand life and the human condition?

To state my previous post more directly:
    You want to do good as police/military and sometimes those occupation require you to kill someone, which you have justified as acceptable and "making sense" because you have deemed it as a necessary evil to achieve a greater level of good in the world. But when something happens that you believe should have happened differently (killing a civilian/child/unarmed... whatever), it interfere's with what you consider to be "good", although your intentions were. Perhaps you should be glad that you have these feelings, not that they are in the slightest enjoyable, but it acknowledges your desire for "good", if you did not have these feelings perhaps you would be closer to what it is you detest.
    But in any case, it is the inconsistency of what you deem "should be" vs. "what is".... You can act with certainty based on the information that you have, if a kid pulls a gun on an innocent, and you kill the kid first to save the innocents life, only to find out the gun was a fake (not saying that's this scenario), yes you will feel horrible because unarmed kids should not be killed, but if you are clear in your intentions to pursue "good" and act honestly based on the information you have, you are not a lesser person for it, and all experiences teach lessons.

And I don't think a perception based on more than 2,000 years of philosophy and understanding qualify as "new age".....

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 3:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right about now NWA court is in full effect.
    Judge Dre presiding in the case of NWA versus the police department.
    Prosecuting attorneys are MC Ren, Ice Cube, and Eazy muthafuckin E.
    Order, order, order. Ice Cube - take the muthafuckin stand.
    Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth,
    and nothin but the truth, so help your black ass?

Why don't you tell everybody what the **** you gotta say?

**** the po-lice!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C 'Quence
    Are you suggesting killing someone as a right of passage to better understand life and the human condition?
    No, you dumbshit. But you can't possibly understand how killing someone feels if you've never done it. I don't give women advice on their hormones or whatever, because I'm not a woman.

To state my previous post more directly:
    You want to do good as police/military and sometimes those occupation require you to kill someone, which you have justified as acceptable and "making sense" because you have deemed it as a necessary evil to achieve a greater level of good in the world. But when something happens that you believe should have happened differently (killing a civilian/child/unarmed... whatever), it interfere's with what you consider to be "good", although your intentions were. Perhaps you should be glad that you have these feelings, not that they are in the slightest enjoyable, but it acknowledges your desire for "good", if you did not have these feelings perhaps you would be closer to what it is you detest.
    But in any case, it is the inconsistency of what you deem "should be" vs. "what is".... You can act with certainty based on the information that you have, if a kid pulls a gun on an innocent, and you kill the kid first to save the innocents life, only to find out the gun was a fake (not saying that's this scenario), yes you will feel horrible because unarmed kids should not be killed, but if you are clear in your intentions to pursue "good" and act honestly based on the information you have, you are not a lesser person for it, and all experiences teach lessons.
    This is understandable, but it hardly carries any weight, because you have not been through what he has. Experience changes your outlook on life.

And I don't think a perception based on more than 2,000 years of philosophy and understanding qualify as "new age".....
    Whatever. It sounds like garbage either way.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast