Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 2:22am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Driving drunk shouldn't be an offense you get a ticket for
    you don't just get a ticket. You have to go to court and will face jail time in the event of repeat offenses. Depending in the state, you will have your license supsended, be forced to attend classes and maybe AA meetings, and serve community service.
    Killing someone while your drunk should be a felony.

We do it the wrong way.
    Vehicular manslaughter from drunk driving is pretty much always a felony.

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 5:00am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This probably doesnt count as much where you live what with the long drive and all, but better public transportation case in favor?
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 8:03am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good Lord, I don't how lawyers and LEOs deal with that on a regular basis.
    Not just the lawyers and LEO's. Firemen and paramedics have to see it just as much. Imagine being a paramedic and coming on a wreck where some drunk guy or girl just killed somebody. You have to try and save the drunk's life even if you hate everything that they have done.

When I was getting my basic EMT certification I had to work a few rotations in the ER. One night we had a guy come in who ran his car into a tree at 2 in the morning. He was driving drunk.

The guy was in a lot of pain and had really trashed himself up pretty good. His nose was nearly torn in half. Somehow I get stuck babysitting the guy all night. It's weird trying to take care of some idiot who got lucky and only injured himself. The whole time I'm helping him I'm looking at him with mild disgust because of the fact that he was driving drunk. It's pretty hard not to say something like, "you were lucky that it was just you," when he's sitting there bitching about the pain.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 10:30am

Style: Can't afford one yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    That's horrible Derauslander, good for you in doing the right thing.

My oldest son just turned 13 and now is officially a teenager.

Even though he's too young to be out late or drive or drink I have started telling him that if he is ever in a situation where there is alchool and driving he's to give me a call and or take a taxi which I'll pay for or I'll pick him up and won't ever be angry or say anything.
    I just now read all this and emailed my son the exact same message(I'm at work and I didn't want to maybe forget to say it to him tonight).

Yeah Aus, you're a good man for stopping to help. F*uck drunk drivers.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 10:51am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMack11
    Not just the lawyers and LEO's. Firemen and paramedics have to see it just as much. Imagine being a paramedic and coming on a wreck where some drunk guy or girl just killed somebody. You have to try and save the drunk's life even if you hate everything that they have done.

When I was getting my basic EMT certification I had to work a few rotations in the ER. One night we had a guy come in who ran his car into a tree at 2 in the morning. He was driving drunk.

The guy was in a lot of pain and had really trashed himself up pretty good. His nose was nearly torn in half. Somehow I get stuck babysitting the guy all night. It's weird trying to take care of some idiot who got lucky and only injured himself. The whole time I'm helping him I'm looking at him with mild disgust because of the fact that he was driving drunk. It's pretty hard not to say something like, "you were lucky that it was just you," when he's sitting there bitching about the pain.
    I am an EMT, and have had to deal with this situation before. No matter what, you treat the patient no matter what they have done. I am not a judge, but man oh man the worst is when you have domestic abuse situations where the wife/partner/lover has been battered by some weak spined piece of offal and they are in the room. Sometimes you see children and the abuse they suffer at the hands of a piece of **** who does not deserve to be their parent. Always happy to call Child Protection services on those slimebags.

Ive had to pick gravel out the face of an 65 yo woman who had fallen down in a package store parking lot as she was lit, going out driving to get more vodka. I was told her blood alchohol was twice the legal limit. Nice move grandma...

Scraping people off seats, and rushing them to the hospital where they die, and the ones who caused the accident do not even have a scratch are just as bad if not worse. You wish if there were a higher level diety, they would exhange places with the fool who caused the accident. I live in Massachusetts, where they drive rather aggresively. They do not call us Massholes for nothing. Sometimes we in the ambulance with the lights flashing and the siren blaring have to deal with people who not only do not get out of the way, sometimes they cut you off on purpose for some unknown reason or do not pull over to let us get some poor broken soul to the ER.

It used to amaze me. It does not anymore. People have become so selfish on the road its rather disturbing.

Wish I could just look around, make sure the coast is clear and then hit them as hard as I possibly can. But I cannot. I have seen it done, and those people not only lost their jobs, they are facing civil litigation crawling up their backsides.

Its tough, as you are free to drink, but you are not free to drink and then get behind the wheel. There is no excuse, period.

Most of these people are habitual offenders who keep drinking and driving no matter how many times they lose their license.

They need to stop drinking. Alcholism is a disease, and addiction and you can be cured of it. Most of these assholes do not care about anything other than where they are going to get their next drink.

All the young people who get hammered and then go out looking for fun also need to grow the F up and have one of their buddies not drink and drive everyone home. This mentality of thinking you need to all go in separate vehicles is beyond common sense. Its plain dumb.

You kill someone in a motor vehicle accident, you should not only lose your license for life. You need to sit in a small cell for a few years and comtemplate your actions.
    Last edited by Mor Sao; 5/26/2006 11:11am at .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234