Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 4:35am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what they say, Why drink and drive if you can smoke and fly.

Thats just fucked up man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 4:48am

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, that's pretty horrific. I'm still getting flashbacks from a car crash back in january, all I got was a dislocated shoulder.
    I hope you're doing OK der, that **** stays with you.

as for drunk drivers, I have no words to express how I feel about them. fucking cunts is fairly close.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 5:37am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everybody says that, but hundreds of people do it themselves every day. They think they are the one guy that "can handle it" or "isn't that drunk"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 8:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job Der.....reality invariably snaps everything into unnerving focus in the blink of an eye. Awesome job keeping your wits about you and handling the situation in your own head and trying to help as best you could.

I have twice in my life been witness to grisly accidents, neither of which I was involved in, and it is at that instant in time where you see whether your the person who curls up and sucks his thumb or tries to come to the aid of people involved, your the latter and good for you..

Honestly, it is something you probably want to forget, but probably never will, and probably shouldn't.

Get some rest and talk to some one. Again good job.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 9:05am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Driving drunk shouldn't be an offense you get a ticket for

Killing someone while your drunk should be a felony.

We do it the wrong way.

In my old department, we charged people with murder for that, along with another slew of charges. Its likely that the guy will get at least 20 years for the incident.

I hated that **** when I was a cop. Everyone gets pissed when they get a DUI and the tell me to go catch a 'real criminal'. The first time you see a dead family in a car because of a DUI, it completely changes your opinion about alcohol.

At one of the DUI schools I went to, we said that a DUI behind the wheel is like a 1000 pound slow moving bullet.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 9:40am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the reasons (among many) that I had for quitting bouncing was the drive home. The number of dumb asses that I saw on the road at 3am and later was ridiculous. It almost made me wonder why the police set up Stop Checks at 9pm when the drunks don't hit the road until after I've kicked them out at 2am!

The last 'stupid' encounter I had was coming home in the rain on a motorcycle. I was stopped at a light and just had a bad feeling. I looked over my shoulder and saw a car coming towards me and not stopping. I was half off my bike heading for the curb when the guy slammed on the breaks and came to a stop a few feet off my rear tire. I put my stand down and walked back to the car, the guys where so drunk they barely realized why I was yelling at them.

Der, sounds like you did the right thing in how you dealt with the crash. I know in the states it takes a lot of balls to stop due to culpability issues so I congratulate you on that. No one really knows what they'll do till there in the situation, guess you get to add "Nice Guy" to your resume.

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 9:55am

Style: Aikijiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to a day every month of my fucking life. Jhony Cache is right... as a cop I can testify that laws don't mean **** in DUI. I agree dui+nothing no harm no foul Dui+accident damage or death= penalty X ten If someone is drunk and driving they should be charged with reckless driving. We just don't have discression anymore, you drink you drive you're fucked royally. Thanx MADD

fuk speling
    Last edited by Armed&Hammered; 5/25/2006 10:01am at .

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 10:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    I'm going to put this down while it's still fresh in my memory

I just got home.

The highway I take home after the bar closes, it's a quite, dark, lonely stretch of highway that lets me shrug off the stress of the night. I usually set the cruise control at around 58-60mph, just so I don't have to worry about any cops that might be lurking around the corners.

I rounded the bend before my exit tonight just in time to see the end of an accident. It was a flash of taillights before one car swerved off to the left and came to rest in the median ditch while the other spun off three or four times before coming to a halt on the right side of the road. I pulled over on the right past the second car and dialed 911.

When I got to the first car, the driver seemed fine, just a little confused. Her entire left rear was caved in, destroyed, the wheel was gone. I told her I'd come back, the cops were on their way. I went to check on the other car, the one that had hit her.

I found one of the passengers in the median.

I vomited.

I couldn't tell who it was, but there's no way she was alive. Couldn't really tell that there was anything above her neck.

The other car's right front end was completely totalled. The windshield was shattered. The driver was incoherent, but seemed ok. He kept asking where his girlfriend was.

I didn't know what to tell him.

I saw the red and blue lights coming around the bend and went back to the other car. The driver seemed fine. She'd hit her head on the steering wheel and it seemed like she was going into shock. I talked to her to try to keep her calm while the first officer on the scene approached the other car.

She'd been driving about 45mph, since she'd just put on her doughnut because of a flat tire. She'd just dropped her daughter off at her sister's house. She couldn't even remember being hit, and asked me where her car was damaged.

The EMTs checked her out and took her to the hospital.

When the state trooper came to take my statement, he'd told me that the boy driving it said he was drunk, and said he was driving about 100mph. In a 55.

And he wanted to know what happened to his girlfriend...

The first thing I did when I got home was walk to the bar to fix myself a vodka. Calm my nerves. My hands are still shaking as I type this.

I put the bottle down un-opened.
    Welcome to my world.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 10:30am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let us know if we can do anything for you Der.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 10:36am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What he said. ^^
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast