Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 12:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Word Up. Have any of you had to train with a new student who is a little too gung ho? I have trained kyokushin for almost 6 years and every once in a while I am partnered up with a new student who might have a McDojo blackbelt. Anyways, while practicing, they try to knock your head off. It's okay with me because I am experienced and should be able to defend it. I usually just tell them to calm down, but some people just don't get it. What I really want to do is knock the jive turkey on his ass to teach him a lesson. Any thoughts?? Peace.

Tony

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 12:40am

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell him clearly and firmly to use focus and control his techniques. If he continually disregards your admonishments then hit him as hard as he is hitting you. He should get the picture then.
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 1:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    stop crying about how hard he is going and just put his ass on the floor...to ask him to calm down makes you look like a girl!!!

want to get him to calm down then make him calm down thats the ONLY way

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 1:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    stop crying about how hard he is going and just put his ass on the floor...to ask him to calm down makes you look like a girl!!!

want to get him to calm down then make him calm down thats the ONLY way

Thanks for the advice Marty & Choke
  5. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 2:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe you should introduce yourself to the guy beforehand and try to act impressed by his background so he doesn't feel like he is trying to prove himself - ask him a few questions - make friends - then when he's not looking - pants him!

>> To be bound by traditional martial art style or styles is the way of the mindless, enslaved martial artist, but to be inspired by the traditional martial art and to achieve further heights is the way of genius. - Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 9:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is this guy Mike in my class that acts exactly like that. He is a State Sheriff and unfortunetly has the stereotypical attitude along with it. I just kind of laugh at him and put him on his ass.

*First post*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 11:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ask him once to cool off. If he doesn't or just looks at you like you are a *****, school him.

A.K.A MEAT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 12:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A TDK guy did this once in my Jujutsi class.
    He'd been training TDK for 3 years or so and thought he was the man.
    It wasn't intentionally but I might have broken a rib when I landed on him.

He didn't show up anymore after that. I felt pretty bad about it though.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 1:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you train in Kyokushin than it really shouldnt be a problem. All your sparring is bare knuckle and full contact. Lower belts often beat higher belts so its really no shame. Just give him some good shots. Chances are he's never really been hit if he's from a McDojo.

"Do not become entranced by impractical or useless movements. Do not be categorized as one who "Learns all there is to know about less and less until he ends up learning everything there is to know about nothing." -Ed Parker
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2002 7:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for once i have to agree with peedee here folks.
    if your style or school trains bare knuckle, teach the suka a lesson he wont never forget.
    At my tang soo do school we spar bare knuckle, so if some mcdojo romo comes in thinking he can be grand master, he'll be schoold the old scool way.

breathing is the center, if your breathing is wrong then your body wil be messed up.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast