225085 Bullies, 3686 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 2:37am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

World Combat Arts Federation

Has anyone heard of the World Combat Arts Federation? I trained at United Studios of Self Defense (Kempo) and was an assistant instructor there. One of the head guys was a member of this group. USSD though is a very large McDojo. Other then the master from our studio I met Leroy Epperson once. He did a seminar on Jiujitsu. It was JJJ but he showed us a triangle choke and how to break fall along with the other stand up JJJ.

Maverik do you train with any of these guys? I noticed you study Gaijin Ryu Jiu-Jitsu in Maryland which so happens to be the style this guy founded!

Note : Im not attacking Epperson he seemed to know what he was doing.(Site says he has earned rank under Carlson Gracie Jr.) What Im asking is is the WCAF legit?
    Last edited by GIJoe6186; 5/24/2006 2:43am at .

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 6:42am

supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can't go wrong with training with Leroy Epperson, he's one of the good ones. But I see you're in NY.

Grand PooBah Porter is notorious for giving out high ranks to those that pay for it, but so is my instructor LOL. Go see what they have to offer in your area, take a class, and make your decision. If USSD is part of the WCAF, we're all doomed LOL. USSD is the biggest McDojo of Ken/mpo ever.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde
    Last edited by Clyde; 5/24/2006 6:44am at .
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

Put down your purse!

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

"For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

--"How McPherson Held the Floor"

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've trained with master epperson for 3 years now. and i have nothing but good things to say about him. extremely knowledgeable in not only grappling, but striking and weapons. he is the current president of the WCAF. i don't know any of the other big heads in the WCAF. but i am a member of the WCAF and i have not a bad word to say about the organization.

there are no monthly fees for the WCAF. you become a member for a one time fee. and members get a discount at any seminars hosted by other members of the WCAF.

and a small correction, master lee is not JJJ. gaijin ryu is a hybrid art. japanese, brazillian, korean, and american. (he also has The Real TKD)

if you have any specific questions i'd be more than happy to answer them for you.

edit: by the way, when did you attend the seminar. i've been to a bunch of the seminars we had up in long island. there's a chance that i've met you.
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 5/24/2006 9:30am at .

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 12:03pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    i've trained with master epperson for 3 years now. and i have nothing but good things to say about him. extremely knowledgeable in not only grappling, but striking and weapons. he is the current president of the WCAF. i don't know any of the other big heads in the WCAF. but i am a member of the WCAF and i have not a bad word to say about the organization.

there are no monthly fees for the WCAF. you become a member for a one time fee. and members get a discount at any seminars hosted by other members of the WCAF.

and a small correction, master lee is not JJJ. gaijin ryu is a hybrid art. japanese, brazillian, korean, and american. (he also has The Real TKD)

if you have any specific questions i'd be more than happy to answer them for you.

edit: by the way, when did you attend the seminar. i've been to a bunch of the seminars we had up in long island. there's a chance that i've met you.
    It was about 3-4 years ago. I don't remember the date. Just that it was held at a USSD location. I didn't mean he taught JJJ as his art, just that he taught us standing wristlocks and the like (similar to JJJ) and also ground (similar to BJJ).

Ok well that doesnt sound like a diploma mill. I was just wondering. BTW USSD is not part of the WCAF, one of the masters there was/is though. Thats why I was wondering what its credibility is. I had never heard of it anywhere except through the one master.