Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 2:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GIJoe6186, isn't AFC Kickboxing technically a Kung Fu school? I've been trying to get over there for a while but as far as I know the compete in San Shou and Muay Thai kickboxing. So while I haven't checked every kung fu school in LI I'm pretty sure they don't suck.

http://ssj4veggito.tripod.com/ringof...rver/id28.html

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 3:28pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AFC kickboxing is technically a kickboxing school. Thats why its called AFC kickboxing. Ive been there, never trained there though. I talked to the instructors ( i was looking into going there). They have a ring and hanging bags. They teach kickboxing. They also have a grappling program although the focus is on kickboxing. They train to compete in American Kickboxing, Muay Thai, San Shou & any other striking contest they can. Its not too hard to go from kickboxing to San Shou. Like I said they have a grappling program which helps them add in the throws.

When they train for San Shou I highly doubt they start practicing some shoalin forms to get ready. They just keep on sparring and adapt to the diffeent rule sets.

Where would you get the idea that they are a Kung Fu school? They have an optional belt system but its not required. Looking at the requirment its just rank as a kickboxer and grappler. No Kung Fu at all.

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 3:55pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.boston-kickboxing.com

Read the quote at the very top of the page header. I believe in Kung Fu with no forms at all.

Yeah I'm still plugging aren't I? I'll stop now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 6:50am

Style: Judo, Xbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak

I believe in Kung Fu with no forms at all.

That's how my old school was. They were all about the fighting. It was cool and I learned a lot, but my body just couldn't take the abuse anymore. Some of those guys were badasses and I was getting pounded.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 10:24am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats the other thing I don't like though. You should be able to become a well rounded fighter without getting hurt too much. Yea when youre younger you exert yourself alot and can get an injury. But you should always make sure you train in a way that is good for fighting and your health. You do not have to spar full contact every day to fight. Bag work, shadow boxing and conditioning are great.

This is why I love to grapple and my BJJ. I can roll all the time and at different levels. As I get older it will probally get less rough but Ill still be able to practice the moves on a resisting partner. No head shot making me stupid or anything either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 10:49am

Style: Judo, Xbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Thats the other thing I don't like though. You should be able to become a well rounded fighter without getting hurt too much.
    I agree. That's why I eventually left that school.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567