Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 2:55am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "TaeBoMaster: The dynamic tension excercises you describe sounds alot like Sanchin kata."

i would recommend that you keep dynamic tension localized. for a punch tense the arm,shoulder,chest on that side and the shoulder blade.

those hard breathing exercises executed on a "bodily level" can cause hernias,hemmoroids,and anal fissure/rupture.take it easy. your ass will love you for it. remember Penn State.

quinchiqui, anyone?

peace.

" a cow doesnt whinny, and a horse has no udder, back is to the sides, and sideways is straight ahead"

Edited by - kuntaokid on May 18 2003 02:57:04

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 9:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what happened at penn state?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 10:13am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DANINJA - good posts. And I liked your WMD post tool

gojuJKDdude:
    what happened at penn state?
    NOT SAFE FOR WORK] The Absolute Worst Injury Ever - it's back several pages in off topic and you DON'T want to go there, suffice it to say the lifter's butt blew out (ok, now I know you'll have to go look, don't say I didn't warn you)
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 11:22am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so that's a real pic?
    lol oh my!

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 2:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my!! I saw that on another site. That's absolutely disgusting. While I wont deny that dynamic tension excercises can strain the body, I don't think anyone on are level can achieve that kind of dynamic tension. If I do I'll be sure to post a pic of myself.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 2:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "While I wont deny that dynamic tension excercises can strain the body, I don't think anyone on are level can achieve that kind of dynamic tension. If I do I'll be sure to post a pic of myself."

let's not be evasive now, gojujkdude. those types of exercises need to done very carefully, for precisely the reasons i stated above.

i merely added the penn state image for fun.

peace.

" a cow doesnt whinny, and a horse has no udder, back is to the sides, and sideways is straight ahead"

Edited by - kuntaokid on May 18 2003 20:37:29
  7. 9chambers

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >what's with the sheep 9chambers?

Just trying to be funny, heh

Anyway, I still punch in the air pretty fast when I shadow-box but you can go faster against stationary targets. (like a bag being held still by a partner or a wall pad) You can go full-speed against a stationary target but not full strength (you collapse on the follow-through) if it is a hard target.. (like a smooth wall, wooden dummy, etc) or you will hurt yourself.

In the air you can't go full speed. You may think you are going full speed but you aren't. Its psychological, you learn to pull the punch so you won't injure yourself. Throw a punch in the air at full speed and then one at 80% and then one at 70% and so on .. look at where the punch ends up. I find that the slower I get .. my punch has more follow-through. It extends a little futher out. (never fully extended, mind you) Its not something I do on purpose. It just happens. When you know that you aren't going to hit anything, you put a wall out there in your mind and slow yourself down when you hit it. It may seem to you like you are punching at full speed but you aren't. You are pulling your punches.

It is good to shadow-box at a good speed and good to train on targets at full-speed. I don't think this is something people plan, it just happens. You should do both and keep it all in mind.

Also, your lead doean't have to knock a guy out. It just has to buy you a split-second while your cross seeks and destroys. Don't put the whole job on that first punch, that's why we have combonations. Devide up the work load. Send in two or three quick punches using the first one as a stunner.

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 8:20pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    agreed

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 8:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good post, 9chambers

peace.

Posted On:
    5/18/2003 8:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the chinese don't because they believe it will make you go crazy, I've trained with a few guys who use to do it all the time, and I'd say the chinese are onto something.
    Not really...
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0865680132/qid=1053309199/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/103-0267808-2651827?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast