Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 4:09pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Return of Larry Wick

About this time last year I wrote an article about a man named Larry Wick. For those of you that do not remember and for those that might need to be brought up to speed here is the original article.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ght=Larry+Wick

As you can see Larry is your typical bullshido artist.

While checking my email today I found this waiting in my inbox.

Larry Wick is Back! Once a year, a man of revolutionary concepts and extraordinary skills leaves Fairbanks, Alaska, and visits Manhattan to give us city slickers a taste of the realities of dealing with violent assaults and situations of extreme and lethal danger. Larry Wick is returning to the Big Apple! Some of you have already experienced training with, and learning from, Larry Wick, and in a few days he will be visiting us again. This time he is giving a two-day workshop; ten hours of instruction on his unique Split Second Survival® method. You will also have a opportunity to watch a never-before-shown DVD, Larry's "Live Fire." Yes, you read that correctly-LIVE FIRE! On this DVD, Larry shows what really happens when a pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle discharges near a human being, loaded not with blanks, but live rounds. It doesn't get more real than this. You will instantly recognize the truth of what works and why certain techniques taught by some schools that pass for "reality training" are pure fantasy. Our classes are small and instruction intensive. We have no more than 20 participants, as opposed to the mass-participant zoos that some well-known instructors offer. This means that you will be able to experience SSS® at the hands of its founder. YOU WILL KNOW THAT IT WORKS AND WHY IT WORKS, because YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IT FIRST HAND! You will also be able to work with some of Larry's more advanced students. The following address http://www.splitsecondsurvival.com/S...6-NY-Wkshp.doc contains a document that covers the syllabus for both days. If you attended Larry's last Manhattan workshop, you can opt to come on day two only, but PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO THOSE ATTENDING ON BOTH DAYS. You also get a discount if you attend both days, so come on both to be sure of securing a place. I can guarantee that whatever you currently know, your skills will be enhanced when you leave this workshop. The linked to document covers the syllabus and includes times, dates, location and cost, so open it NOW! If you cannot open it call me straight away for details. You are getting this e-mail because you are on an advanced announcement list for this event, however, I expect this to sell out very fast-so book your place NOW by returning this e-mail, or calling me at 914-439-9425. Only a check or cash secures a place, and I expect this event to be fully sold out within a few days, so if you want to come, call today. There will be NO pay-on-the-day options. I look forward to training with you. Best, Neil Myers - Split Second Survival with Larry Wick Staff

The guys at SSS are far too deadly for paragraphs.

In case you missed the link to the NYC Split Second Survival workshop, here it is again.

http://www.splitsecondsurvival.com/S...6-NY-Wkshp.doc

It is short so give it a read.

The workshop is what I would expect from Larry. Here are some highlights.

‘The Two-Finger Touch
    Why it is important to SSS®. How it effectively increases your strength and your subtlety of movement, and why it is so hard for an attacker to defend against.”

It would work against me; I would not want Larry touching me at all.

“Developing “No-Flinch” Movement
    Another key concept, it allows you to begin movements without alerting your assailants to your intentions, and without them even realizing that they are under attack.”

I am sure that if anyone tried to use SSS, the assailant would never realize that he was under attack

“From The Ground
    You may not want to be on the ground, but what if you find yourself there? Larry shows you the SSS® way—and it's not grappling or wrestling. Larry will show you what you need to do if you want to survive this type of scenario”

Sure to be Grap-tacular!

“Bag Work
    Properly used, a punching bag is a great for training, but NOT if you punch it!”

What?

Also notice the price for this two-day event…300 dollars! One day with Larry will cost you 175 dollars.

It is nice when Bullshido artists send their crap right to you. It is much easier that having to go looking for it.

Thanks Larry!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 4:57pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good read. I like the two finger touch one, i'm Guessing Larry learned this technique on Curly and Moe.

¡Viva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 5:38pm

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why you... i oughta...

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck... *slap*

Moe, larry and curly have the real martial art deadly secrets. Like that awesome move moe does where he puts a power drill up larry's nose.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 6:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormoran
    Good read. I like the two finger touch one, i'm Guessing Larry learned this technique on Curly and Moe.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_ketchens
    Why you... i oughta...

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck... *slap*
    Since Larry Wick never lets anyone see him moves without paying 300 dollars or buying an expensive video, you guys might be closer to the truth than you know.

Correction, I just went to his website and he does have a couple of videos where he demonstrates a technique but most of his videos are just the introductions to the sections in his videos.

http://www.splitsecondsurvival.com/m...page=index.php

http://www.splitsecondsurvival.com/m...page=index.php
    Last edited by Olorin; 5/22/2006 6:40pm at .

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 8:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol - one pic shows the Dude with two assailants - one has a knife at his neck, the other has a snub nosed revolver stuck up his nose. I'd love to see the multi-opp tech that will get you out of that.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 8:50pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pffft i got a counter for that, i call the technique "shamelessly begging for my life and giving them all my money and valuables"

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 8:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    lol - one pic shows the Dude with two assailants - one has a knife at his neck, the other has a snub nosed revolver stuck up his nose. I'd love to see the multi-opp tech that will get you out of that.

Ye of little faith. When one guy has you at knifepoint and another has a 38 pointed at your skull you have only a Split Second to Survive. Larry can teach you how as long as you are open minded enough to drop all that MMA junk.
    Last edited by Olorin; 5/22/2006 9:03pm at .

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 9:06pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .... First strike comb.

My combs cannot cut throats- what am I missing here? Maybe he carries a flea comb or something. Perhaps one of those switch blade combs....

And the military rope bit- wow, spinning, who'd've thunk it.

You need to stop subscribing to mailing lists from gun magazines, it's cheating.

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 9:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hero
    My combs cannot cut throats- what am I missing here? Maybe he carries a flea comb or something. Perhaps one of those switch blade combs....
    Nope it looked like a regular cheep comb. After watching this video I went to my bathroom and grabbed a cheep plastic comb like the one in the video and held it like he did, index finger along the back edge. I then raked it across my forearm, and while it was not pleasant, I never felt that it was going to cut me. In addition, I know more people who carry flip knives than carry 'Fonzie' Fonzarelli style combs.

And the military rope bit- wow, spinning, who'd've thunk it.
    Also who chokes someone like that? Ya I plan to sneak up behind them, get the rope around their neck, turn my back, and hoist them up on my butt. What the Fu*k?

You need to stop subscribing to mailing lists from gun magazines, it's cheating.
    It is so not cheating! While searching sites for this thread, I came up with dozens and dozens of potential articles. I could write a new one every weak for a year! Or I could do a single Mega Thread of 101 Internet hucksters. I have not decided yet, I am sitting on a gold mine of bad instructional videos. I now have to decide how to use it.
    Last edited by Olorin; 5/22/2006 9:57pm at .

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 10:31pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weekly, less sifting through pages of crap to get the story.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast