Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 3:34am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    It's more like taichi except without the cocksucking.
    You pay for training with no cocksucking ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 3:44am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I go to a dive bar for my taichi, thank you very much.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 3:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That reminds me are you still wantin to buy me that drink cause my bonch could use some attention.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 3:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, was that supposed to be kept secret?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 3:54am

Style: Hoshin, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    We practice restraint with our training partners so that they can come back to train another day.

Elbows and knees are thrown but not carried through; it's called CONTROL.

The mindset of not training four of the best weapons a person has just makes no sense to me.
    Hang on... so when other MAs practise knees, elbows, eye gouging, groin strikes/grabs, various other unsporstman like tactics but don't follow through (for obvious reasons) it is BS, but when MT does it its CONTROL?

nigga please...

You're very close to having to admit that most martial arts compromise on training their most dangerous techniques for the simple reason that killing and maiming people is frowned upon in polite society. Which may leave you without some of the favoured punching bags here on BS.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 4:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hold on there little cowboy perhaps you have me confused with some one who may have claimed that eye gouging is somehow not a valid technique.

As for the groin, there is no special strike devised exclusively for the groin but I'll tell you this, a muay thai man or anyone who trains as extensively with knees has a better chance to score a "foul" shot than someone who air boxes.

As for not tearing your sparring partners head open with a pointy elbow during sparring is concerned well it's just common courtesy.

The effects of properly trained elbow strikes are apparent enough to anyone who's ever seen a MMA or Muay Thai match.

There is no inconsistency in my statements.

Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 4:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    but you'll almost certainly never get to use any of those knees and elbows on a sparring opponent, so why bother ?
    So you can do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIvo4...20thai%20elbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be0hE...20thai%20elbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMIcG...20thai%20elbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBmAc...20thai%20elbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTCHm...20thai%20elbow

Elbows: they're there, use em.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 5:05am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by psychalogy
    Hang on... so when other MAs practise knees, elbows, eye gouging, groin strikes/grabs, various other unsporstman like tactics but don't follow through (for obvious reasons) it is BS, but when MT does it its CONTROL?

nigga please...

You're very close to having to admit that most martial arts compromise on training their most dangerous techniques for the simple reason that killing and maiming people is frowned upon in polite society. Which may leave you without some of the favoured punching bags here on BS.
    Seriously, are you this stupid or do you really need to have the difference between controlled sparring and compliant drilling explained?

Besides, with fuctards like you, we will never run short of punching bags.

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 5:19am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick note on judo for self defence:

There are a couple of things to watch out for which can compromise judo as a self-defence art: one, drop-knee throws (don't try this on concrete, kids!) and two, turtling after a throw fails instead of going to guard. You don't need to do either of these things to be successful in judo, so it's quite possible to train at a competition-oriented club and keep in touch with the self-defence aspect; just exercise a little discernment while you're creating your personal judo style.

Of course, this is a relative compromising; judo is done full tilt on generally athletic people fighting back with all they've got, which gives it a huge superiority over arts which don't train against people who're fighting back. Additionally, since it's very hard to get out of grappling range back to striking range without knowing how to grapple, it's historically done very well in challenge matches with even good pure striking styles.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 6:06am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't it funny how sensitive the MT guys get when you point out that they don't train full resistance all the time? Like ANYONE does.

Throwing full contact knees and elbows, like full contact punches to the face needs padding to prevent injury. Since we haven't worked out a good way to pad knees and elbows like fists without compromising joint movement, working with a padded target is necessary.

Its not the same as "light contact karate" much as I would like to poke fun at MT since they give us KK guys a lot of crap. While they might pull techniques on an unpadded opponent they are going to go hard on the pads and bags with knees and elbows just like we do. And until they work out a parole scheme that uses prisoners as training dummies for full contact hits its the best its going to get outside competition or the street.

People used to hitting hard will adapt a medium contact trained technique much faster than people who are used to pulling everything. Hell it still feels alien for me not to clinch the neck when I throw knees in tournaments, but I learned that. Thats a harder one to beat than making the transfer from kneeing a pad or bag full contact to hitting a person full contact.

Nubee - go wherever you want. Watch them train. See if they train in an alive manner (search function is good for alive). If they won't let you watch, walk away. If they look like pussies, walk away. If they fight like pussies, walk away. If they knock seven shades of **** out of each other and you think you can handle it, you have found you place. Remember you get out what you put in. If the instructor is out of shape that might not be a bad thing if they no longer compete themselves, but look at the senior students - think about if you want to spend years to get like them - if they are fat, slow and sloppy, thats where you are heading.

And, despite being a striker by preference myself - my groundwork is just on the basic side of the non-existent/basic line - its my oppinion that learning grappling should be first priority for women since so many attacks on women are of the grab/hold variety. I have no idea on your gender, so whether thats relevant or not is up in the air.
    Last edited by Vile; 5/23/2006 6:10am at .
    Sociopaths are people too.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast