Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 8:19pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    go to class and roll with him
    you have trained some JJ.. you should have some fucking idea if the guy is spouting ****.
    maybe.. he is a good teacher stuck in TN and looking to train with some people that are not pussies (no offense to any biological pussies out there - love you) and your instructor seemed cool to him so he's checking you guys out too...

what the **** is wrong with you.. chances are you have plenty to learn from him...
    not like he's gonna be teaching tai chi and you'll never get to apply what he's taught you....

it will work.. or it won't
    Last edited by kmguy8; 5/21/2006 8:22pm at .

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 9:38pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't knock 'free' instruction.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 10:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Binary,

how much are you paying for training there at the moment ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 10:55pm

Style: Krav Maga, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has there been any incidence of actual BJJ bulshido?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 11:06pm

Style: Hoshin, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he tries to teach you a 540 spinning reverse turning kick chances are he's not really a bjj instructor.... I'd be calling bs then.

Short of that, show up to class and see how he moves... if he knows what he's doing there's no problem.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 2:14am

Style: Grappling/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cough/Cool
    I am a low life 4 stripe blue but if I roll with a newbie and they have some questions, I will answer them.
    4 stripes on your blue and your a low life? Either your school promotes too easy, or everyone is the **** where you train.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 3:51am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary

But the guy offered to teach for free until he could be paid. This is what sent my hackles up. As a rule of thumb, so far as I know, people who know their **** generally don't teach for free.
    That's just the American way, I know tons of MA teacher here in Europe that actually teach for free and some actually spend more than they receive from students.

My current MA cost is 200 per year! and with that the teacher has to pay the rent and insurances...

Also traditionaly MA teachers (at least in Japan) never really asked for money....that's why you had living students to do chores and stuff.
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 4:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I'm being dumb, but if the guy was Bullshido then surely he WOULDN'T train you guys without payment, as fleecing people and money generation is the point of Bullshido.

If he's been brought in to teach you, then you'll be able to tell if he's fake or not by the fact that he'll tap you all out without too much difficulty. After all, he's the teacher.

Re: the money issue - I agree. I train at Trojan Free Fighters (no, they're not endorsed by condom manufacturers...) for 30 a month, and they train pro fighters who've competed in K1, Cage Rage, Pride, etc. I can't envisage paying thousands upon thousands like so many of you Americans seem to.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 10:05am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary
    But the guy offered to teach for free until he could be paid. This is what sent my hackles up. As a rule of thumb, so far as I know, people who know their **** generally don't teach for free.
    Volunteers don't work for free.

Just because he is willing to forgo cash, does not mean he will not be "paid" in some way. It's up to you to figure out what benefit he will be receiving in this arrangement, and whether that's acceptable to you.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    5/22/2006 11:41am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of BJJ teachers teach for free. A lot of guys have friends that own clubs and teach classes for them. Its expensive keeping a good club open, non-mcdojo clubs tend to be smaller and guys just like helping out to keep these kinds of clubs open.

The benifit to the free instructor is that he creates a bunch of tough guys to train with and can get better himself by helping them get better.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast