Posted On:
    5/19/2006 4:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Macho Martial Arts Supplies = Cult?

All,

Many of your have probably heard of, or actually bought things from, Macho Martial Arts Supplies. Here is a link to their online store. Notice the cool pink gear!
    http://www.macho.com

What most folks don't realize is all the stink involving the organization (aka cult) that the owners run down in Florida. But, the thing is for everyone to make up their own mind. So, here are a couple of links of interest.
    http://www.rickross.com/reference/ashram/ashram15.html
    http://www.kashiashram.com/blinded.htm
    http://www.kashiashram.com/pbpost/pb...s_All_Ways.htm

Google away for more dirt.

Thought that folks should know before buying and supporting these nuts.

Later,
    Mungo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 7:09pm

Style: I/L, Sayoc, Atienza FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always been of the opinion that the only difference between cult and religion is that of size and popularity.

That being said, I'd never buy any of those "Macho" products. They look like dipped-foam crap, and having the word "Macho" emblazoned on your forehead while sparring is subject to ridicule. :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 7:55pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of my TKD sparring gear comes from Macho. Not the highest quality, but nothing really bad about it (other than it includes point-sparring helmets and gloves, etc.)

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I didn't read these that closely, but I did not see in any of those articles where she owns Macho Martial Arts. In one it briefly mentioned she had married a "Taekwondo Master" but did not mention his name.

Before you insinuate that a company is associated with or a front for a cult, I'd like you to provide more information. You'll need to show me her husbands name and some sort of public and/or corporate documents that show ownership of Macho Martial Arts.

Right now this sounds more like a smear campaign than anything else. Just for the record, all my gear is TKO, Ringside, and I believe I have a piece or two of Fairtex stuff. =)

Edit: Pertinent info found -

In 1980, Cho married Korean-born SooSe Cho, an eighth-degree black belt in tae kwon do. He splits his time between the Kashi ranch and in Miami, where he has a martial arts school. He also is a part owner of Macho Products, makers of martial arts equipment in Palm Bay.

According to the article (from 1992 nonetheless) he is a part owner of Macho Products. However, a quick look at macho.com brings up that it is apparently owned by Macho Products, Inc. According the the Florida Corporations Dept., this company was founded in 1980. However, looking through documents since 1994, Cho's name is not on any list of corporate officers or registered agents for this corporation.

I fail to see how this makes Macho Martial Arts any type of cult itself. You are using articles from fourteen years ago that potentially smear a company (whether intentionally or unintentionally it has yet to be determined) that at the moment fails to show any ownership link whatsoever between this so-called cult and Macho Martial Art Supplies. I don't know if this is a smear campaign or piss poor research but at the moment I don't see any relation between the two. Once again I reiterate this sounds like a smear campaign.

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 8:35pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I've always been of the opinion that the only difference between cult and religion is that of size and popularity.
    Money and potential voting power are usually good indicators.

If I worried every time my money went to some nut I'd have stopped paying my taxes years ago.

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 9:06pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually the origin of the term "cult" is religio cultis, which was the official term for any religion recognized by the Imperial Roman government, so really "cults" and "religions" were originally one and the same.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2006 12:06am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who do you work for, Mungo?

Posted On:
    5/20/2006 8:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gringo,

Sorry in hurry earlier..... A guy I know was telling me about this and he claimed that it is the real deal. So, I did some searches on the internet and from what I've found so far seems to point in the that direction. Do some searches on the Internet if you are interested.

I don't know how to look into the corporate side of things to determine ownership of a corp in Florida. Maybe someone on here does? From the Macho website (on the history section on the About Us page), it states that Cho founded Macho back in 1980. It don't mention other owners on that page. That is all that I can provide at this time.

IMO the stuff that I've read points to "Ma" being the Head 'guru" of this group called "Kashi". That she is married to Cho... who is reported in the info that is on the links I initially posted as being "part owner of Macho". Put two and two together and you can get the word "Macho", which may or may not mean something here.

If this is a bunch of crap when sorry guys. It just seems to stink to me.

Mungo

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 8:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Essentially what you have is a company (Macho) selling training equipment while being able to write off tax provisions under 501(c) of the United States Internal Revenue Code (which provides exemptions for non-profit organizations). That at least appears to be where Ma Jaya Bhagavati Cho's batshit insane "Kashi Church" (which steals the babies of cult followers) factors into this mess according to the information that has been provided so far. Both are indubitably linked in my opinion and equally responsible for addressing the allegations being made against them, assuming that these sources are indeed factual.

EDIT: This is just my personal opinion/belief though, based on the sources.
    Last edited by Waychel; 5/21/2006 8:49pm at .