Posted On:
    5/21/2006 8:35am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord325
    Ninja please,

I don't do MAP. I have been doing MAs as long as you have been alive though.

Hey, train in whatever you want. No skin off my back, and doesn't affect my training one bit.

Just so we are clear on the naginata thing, though, because you have no clue as to what you are talking about. It has been kept alive by women in Japan due to the Tokugawa edicts, but it was along with the spear THE battlefield weapon of choice above and beyond the sword. If you don't understand naginata, then all your long weapon work will be less than good, it can even improve your sword work. Also, the women I have seen are typically skilled in both naginata and iaijutsu/kenjutsu and would be very formiddable in an armed conflict with blades.

Hence, I study separate and legitimate (currently connected lineage to Japan)naginata and sword schools to keep myself honest, and I still have a long way to go myself, but I can at least handle the weapons properly and use them in non-traditional ways as well (Bujinkan).

I am the first to say that many people in the Bujinkan do not have a good grasp of naginata and other things, but I can say that about a lot of people in the other kans and their various off shoots. There is plenty o' evidence out on the net. Interesting that you think only the Bujinkan has propaganda. I am SURE your school has no kool-aid in its kitchen either. Nope, no evidence of that......

First on all my long weapons skill sucks. I am the first to admit it. My sensei been trying to teach me Yari the last few month and man do I suck at it. Hence, why I usually stick to small arms. Too bad cause its one of his favorite Weapons :(

Naginata is a GOOD weapon. I just poking fun that is practioners in Japan are 90% female nowadays hence it beening a woman's weapon.

Honestly, from my persecptive the Genbukan getting as bad as the Bujinkan and the Jinenkan always sucked. As for our Kool-Aid, at least when my Sensei tell me something, I am confirm it through research, unlike Hatsumi spewing. Doesn't Hatsumi claim to the Grandmaster of 9 Ryu-Ha? Last time I checked he was the Grandmaster of 1 (Togakure Ryu). The rest either don't exist, or have a real Grandmaster already recongized by the Ko Ryu Federation.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 7:13pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a JOKE THREAD

Quit being bitches in it.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 7:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Bujinkan Ninjer started it.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 7:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    I am its my first episode.
    it sucks for like the first 17 episodes or so, then it starts to get ok
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 7:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    it sucks for like the first 17 episodes or so, then it starts to get ok
    Well, it was the one where the Sand Ninja crushes the "umbrella" ninjas and get to the tower in record time. Where am I in the series?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 7:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Well, it was the one where the Sand Ninja crushes the "umbrella" ninjas and get to the tower in record time. Where am I in the series?
    sounds like you're well into the 20's. You're on the Chuunin exam story arch, which is the best arch in the series IMO.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Genius

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ask a Ninja is a podcast. That guy talks like a kung-fu movie dub and does those strange ninja moves while answering silly questions. I only know this because of a guest appearance on RocketBoom.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    sounds like you're well into the 20's. You're on the Chuunin exam story arch, which is the best arch in the series IMO.
    It was interesting and definately entertaining (which is the most important thing IMO). They were trying to get scrolls from each other, I assume part of the test.

Well, Naruto (japanese edition) box set Vol. 1 Ep (1-13) is coming out this summer accordiing to Amazon. I'll netflix it.

Genius

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 8:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Naruto rocks, almost as much as Kidspatula

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 8:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Naruto rocks, almost as much as Kidspatula

I am hearing that and got alot of beef for not seeing it (from bullshido). Not surprising cause I usually see my anime through netflix and the DVDs aren't out till the summer.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast