Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:19am

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hatsumi in Action - THIS martial art sucks

I went through various Buj thread and couldn't find this.

Suprising, really, when it's possibly the ultimate video of disaster. Hatsumi himself pulling off the same complete bullshit that everyone else in the Bujinkan does.

http://movie.motionmanage.com/movie/...i/nodasi_3.wmv

It's over 3 minutes (skip the first 50 seconds) of joy.

My favourites:
    What happens at 1:50-1:55. It's like a circus act.

The 2:00 to 2:10 part. Just horrible. Look at the compliant partner grinning and flinching for no reason. I guess if he does this and makes Hatsumi look good then he gets a new dan rank?

3:08 to 3:17 ish. Brilliant ground stuff. Hatsumi seems to sweep his opponent and finishes him with a DOUBLE retard leg stamp to the sternum. This sort of stuff is fatal to grapplers.
    Oh, and check out the defence against jumping to guard. I'm convinced.

How can anyone defend this crap?

It saddens me that there are humans on this planet that will stick up for this bollocks. No I will NOT accept their methods of training, because their methods of training are purely abysmal.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:22am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSparrow
    How can anyone defend this crap?
    Honestly, I don't know :(

Hatsumi seemed to go the way of Ueshiba. He was badass in his day, then became a hippy old man with a hippy cult.

Budo Taijutsu the next Aikido?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:40am

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Honestly, I don't know :(

Hatsumi seemed to go the way of Ueshiba. He was badass in his day, then became a hippy old man with a hippy cult.

Budo Taijutsu the next Aikido?
    If he was hard, and he's let his art descend to this then he should be ashamed.

Previously, I thought the level of delusion in the Buj and in Wing Chun were about on the same level. After watching this, and considering that he is the top guy in the organisation, I would say that the Buj is on a new level.

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:42am

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whats with all the ninja nipple twisting techniques?
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Hatsumi was a pretty good Judo-ka when he was younger and there was a video floating around with of his dojo sparring in the 70s (when it was only one dojo). I'll see if I can dig it up when I get home.

Look like he gotten old/likes $$/doesn't care. He basically become a showman and a symbol for a large cult. I honestly don't know. Maybe him is his Japanese shihan go into back room and rip each other to shreads and laugh the silly Gaijin LARPers. Or maybe like Ueshiba, he just went insane.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root
    whats with all the ninja nipple twisting techniques?

2/10 That wasn't even funny. Try harder next time.

Edit: Oh wait?! that was legimate question? I am at work and trying to remember the video from a long time ago. I have no fucking clue. I going to now cry.
    Last edited by Plasma; 5/24/2006 8:59am at .

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That vid has been posted before and people actually did try and defend it. If you want a laugh, get onto Emule and download a taikai. That's where the most retarded stuff comes out. Even Steven Hayes says that Hatsumi is a showman putting on a performance. What's sad is the people who think that watching and trying to imitate is the way to learn to fight.

The actual core bujinkan curriculum isn't that bad, I don't much agree with a lot of it but you could do a lot worse as far as TMAs go, but that stuff you see there is showmanship, he doesn't teach basic sensible, retainable techniques. As far as real fighting is concerned that's utter rubbish.

I think it was Tanemura who said that Hatsumi's techniques are miracle techniques, becuase you would need a miracle to pull them off.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:56am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I said the first time this was posted, the closest thing to legitimate techniques he does are purple nurples and the noob sweep.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus

I think it was Tanemura who said that Hatsumi's techniques are miracle techniques, becuase you would need a miracle to pull them off.
    Ha! I used to say that the Genbukan was turning into the Bujinkan. With Tanemura getting old, some dojos lacking sparring. However, Genbukan might be softening, but the Bujinkan has going to a new level of LARPing. Sparrow is right, Budo Taijutsu might replace Wing Chun as the worst art ever. No sorry, Aikido is still worse.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good Lord. What the **** is that at 2:10????
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast