Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 11:57am

Style: ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by psychalogy
    cleverly disguised as it was. Too clever for the average ninja it seems. ;-)
    ahuh. your subtlety was, and is, astounding.

and you're right. everything about judo is too clever for the average ninja. Thats why we have to resort to things like practical application to speed the learning process along. We don't have the intense mental prowess that is required for taking five goddamn years to master uchi mata. We have this ridiculous idea about being able to defend ourselves, instead of spending twenty years trying to convince ourselves that we can defend ourselves.

I know it's a bizarre concept. It may in fact be too bizarre for the average judoka to appreciate. For that I apologize.

I really dont know what you guys are all excited about anyway. Yeah, its a cool video, but its really just a few hip tosses and a couple dive rolls.

big friggin deal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 11:57am

Style: judo, wrestling, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFJ
    In all reality, unless you're some kind of invalid, you should be able to walk into any dojo cold, and within 4-5 *weeks* be able to reproduce anything in that video.

just my $0.02

I mean cmon... it's pretty basic ****.
    BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    A
    HAHAHAH
    HAH
    haha

heh

cough.

Yeah, so, how much judo experience do you have again?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 12:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonK

Yeah, so, how much judo experience do you have again?
    Enough. nage waza is nage waza there buddy. It really doesnt matter what color your gi is.

unless of course you're into BJJ and you train naked, but thats another story.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 12:13pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Enough. nage waza is nage waza there buddy. It really doesnt matter what color your gi is.

Define "enough".
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 12:16pm

Style: judo, wrestling, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So we can expect to see videos of your awesome judo skillz?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 12:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonK
    So we can expect to see videos of your awesome judo skillz?
    oh yeah. just sit right where you are, hold your breath, and wait on those mpegs.

dont forget, if you cant count to 5,000 while you're holding your breath you're a *****.

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 12:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh yeah. just sit right where you are, hold your breath, and wait on those mpegs.

dont forget, if you cant count to 5,000 while you're holding your breath you're a *****.
    Dude, answer my question. Define "enough" as in "enough experience with nage waza".
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 12:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, but I prefer not to speak to people who insist on grouping huge testicled raccoons with half naked women.

call it a personal problem.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 12:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    No biggie, I think it could go either way. Its like the Uchimata/Hane Goshi debate.......Its a way to keep Judo geeks reviewing books and methods to confuse us during uchikomi.
    Speaking of which, the uchimata about half way through was awesome. I have never been able to get an actual throw off of an uchimata, at least not nearly as crisp as the one on the video was.

That was poetry.

Edit: Wait - Why is Dudikof still posting on this forum? Doesn't he have a coven of ninjers on a tropical island somewhere to go extermintate?:ninjadanc
    Last edited by GoldenJonas; 5/19/2006 12:49pm at .

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 12:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, but I prefer not to speak to people who insist on grouping huge testicled raccoons with half naked women.

call it a personal problem.
    Ad Hominem + irrelevant diatribes = Your personal problem is that you don't want to lie any further regarding your so-called experience.

You, puritan ninja, you. :spanky:

Anyways, I changed my avatar and sig to accomodate your prudiness. So let me ask you again. What constitutes "enough" experience in nage waza? How much experience do you have? What is "enough"? Why is "enough"?

Are you going to answer, or are you a...

??????

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast