Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 9:09am

Style: ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Coming to the mega KFJ?
    Just can't wait to get your hands on me can ya? But then, I guess I should expect nothing less from a guy who uses an apparently nude picture of himself, in what appears to be a shower stall, as an avatar.

Purely out of curiousity, why do you grappling types insist on training in your underwear? I mean really, whats so bad about pants?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 9:14am

Style: Judo, Xbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    Ippon seio nage has to do with letting go with one hand and going aroud the outside of the arm to complete the throw.

Tsurikomi goshi has to do with lowering the hips/ass to the middle of the opponents thighs to essentially lever him over and/or around some. It could also be called seionage but not ippon (1 length-in reference to single arm control).
    http://judoinfo.com/images/animation...ikomigoshi.htm
    You are correct about ippon...touche.

I still feel it's drop seio-nage rather than tsurikomi though.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 9:19am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaton Yu
    You are correct about ippon...touche.

I still feel it's drop seio-nage rather than tsurikomi though.

No biggie, I think it could go either way. Its like the Uchimata/Hane Goshi debate.......Its a way to keep Judo geeks reviewing books and methods to confuse us during uchikomi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 9:19am

Style: Judo, Xbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    No biggie, I think it could go either way. Its like the Uchimata/Hane Goshi debate.......Its a way to keep Judo geeks reviewing books and methods to confuse us during uchikomi.

Exactly! :glasses11

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 9:22am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFJ
    LOLZORS GRAPPLING IZ G4Y LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

I figured as much. Gimmick account.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 11:07am

Style: Hoshin, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a sweet vid, does anyone know if it's possible to download these videos to your hard drive though? When you're on dial-up it sucks arse having to visit a link and re-download a vid every time you want to watch it.

Inspirational stuff though, hopefully in another 4-5 (6, 7..10?) years I'll be able to look something like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 11:15am

Style: ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by psychalogy

Inspirational stuff though, hopefully in another 4-5 (6, 7..10?) years I'll be able to look something like that.
    In all reality, unless you're some kind of invalid, you should be able to walk into any dojo cold, and within 4-5 *weeks* be able to reproduce anything in that video.

just my $0.02

I mean cmon... it's pretty basic ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 11:33am

Style: Hoshin, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFJ
    In all reality, unless you're some kind of invalid, you should be able to walk into any dojo cold, and within 4-5 *weeks* be able to reproduce anything in that video.

just my $0.02

I mean cmon... it's pretty basic ****.

I'm not talking about being able to muscle through the throws so i'm able to make the other guy fall over, but be able to complete them as crisply, and when viewed in slow mo... just about anything looks good at speed, as the guys in the vid.

Just because I have 4-5 throws currently which I can reliably perform doesn't mean I've mastered them.

I have no doubt that I could probably get one of the instructors to show me most of the throws contained in the video and by the end of a 2 hour class be able to perform any ONE of them (i.e. get taught to do a single type of throw, maybe two) by the end of the session. An awful long way from what was in the vid. Those guys were prety smooth to my eye, as untrained in Judo as it currently is.

And besides, when I train Judo currently there's no cool soundtrack and my dojo is nowhere near as nice as that one. Sure the throws may only take you 4-5 weeks to learn, but lets see you build a cool dojo that quickly. Unless you have a gold master builders licence in dojojutsu I doubt it.

Now, do you know anything useful about dl'ing the vids on google? Which was the real point of my original post, cleverly disguised as it was. Too clever for the average ninja it seems. ;-)
    Last edited by psychalogy; 5/19/2006 11:48am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 11:39am

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that video is awesome. Judo is awesome. No matter what the point of that clip was, it was awesome. I liked that throw at 1:35.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 11:44am

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by psychalogy
    That's a sweet vid, does anyone know if it's possible to download these videos to your hard drive though? When you're on dial-up it sucks arse having to visit a link and re-download a vid every time you want to watch it.

Look at this: link
    Click on the first big honkin' link on the first post.

Usually Google has a download link but I guess the poster removed that option or something.
    Last edited by sidran; 5/19/2006 11:46am at .
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast