Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 7:37am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose it would be appropriate to extend this converstion to the benefits/drawbacks the Judogi or JuJitsugi brings to a person's game by raising the body's core temperature and the slight breathing constriction caused by the obi.

Any thoughts?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 7:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    I suppose it would be appropriate to extend this converstion to the benefits/drawbacks the Judogi or JuJitsugi brings to a person's game by raising the body's core temperature and the slight breathing constriction caused by the obi.

Any thoughts?
    I think that if your belt is constricting your breathing then it's too tight, and too high up.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 9:04am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wear my belt up under my arms, just like I wear my pants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 9:22am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The belt is not generally a problem for people. In addidion to PointyShinyBurn's point, it is not uncommon for the belt to come untied. I can't count the number of times I've been rolling gi and my belt has just fallen off.

If anything, the belt may keep you marginally warmer because it keeps your gi closed. But that's not a very big issue.

A gi will certainly make you warmer, though.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 10:00am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing!
    I can't count the number of times I've been rolling gigi and my belt has just fallen off.
    You may want to consider writing an article for matbattle.com :smile:

Actually, I misspoke and gave a half-baked post earlier. I was thinking weights and had the the Valsalva manuever in my head. I meant to say compression. I was wondering if the belt affords any and whether this can be used.

If you and your opponent can grab the belt, are there not other problems/solutions the belt can bring?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan

Any thoughts?
    The gi really warms you up. I actually like that a lot, even though it's exhausting. It's kinda the same principle as in Bikram Yoga where you heat your surroundings to "loosen up" your joints. The obi doesn't really constrict breathing (at least for me) cuz I don't tie particulartly tight. Besides, that thing gets loose pretty quickly during practice.

I'd like to point out that a lot of the teens in the school I go, they wear a sweater under their gi, in a dojo that is like almost 80s. They do that to make weight for the tourneys. If I tried to do that, I would most likely pass out and drop a turd on the mat :tongue6: :XXpuke:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 2:24pm

Style: Relson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    i wear my belt up under my arms, just like I wear my pants.