Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 4:00am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Please list any arena with less rules than MMA in this day and age. I won't wait this time because you will fail to do it.

Funny part is CMA came up with SAN DA/SAN SHOU they have more rules than MMA and wear alot more padding.

And lets not forget that a BJJ WHITE Belt when to Beijing and beat CMArtist with 20+ yrs of training. If that doesn't tell you something then you're simply a fool.
    Asia, is there a video of this event?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 6:13am

Style: Sub Westling, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    In contrast to how punches work both in the ring and on the street, small joint manipulation only works if you know BJJ.

Not true, I do sub wrestling and I can make SJM I learned in Aikido work (sometimes) :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 12:19pm

Style: Tai Chi,BJJ,knife-dueling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DDale
    Not true, I do sub wrestling and I can make SJM I learned in Aikido work (sometimes) :)
    Hey, that's a very interesting point about Aikido IMHO (and perhaps about RBSD in general?)

My Aikido instructor encouraged us to study other martial arts before trying to master Aikido... the reason was that he felt Aikido was something of a finishing school for martial artists, and not a way to train beginners.

Also, all of those early-Aikido bad-asses (Tomiki, other 1st generation masters under Ueshiba, etc. etc.) did practice other martial arts extensively before doing Aikido. So perhaps it was their full-contact resistance training that gave them the basic fighting skills that allowed them to execute their Aikido techniques. And just for the record, how well I could apply my Aikido techniques I "knew" improved a great deal after a 18 months of kickboxing.

So maybey the deadly-techniques (Dim Mak if you will... eye gouges, side kicks to the knees, or anything else that is supposedly too dangerous to use in full contact competition) should be reserved for advanced students that can already place well in full contact tournaments or win an occasional match.
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344