Sponsored Links Spacer Image

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/20/2006 8:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, well that sheds more light on things. I see Ken and Chuck are on the thread as well. Chuck is a great guy, a koryu bunny, but one with a good head on his shoulders.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2006 9:47pm

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the thread on Randi mean I got trolled?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2006 9:57pm

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRDC
    In case anyone's wondering, jza is obviously "T'ai Chi" from this identical thread over at JREF:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=52005

As you can tell, he's well aware of all the counterarguments that are being presented here and still stubbornly refuses to see reality.
    And I'm the "Freakshow" that started that thread.

Hey TaiChi/jzs/statisticool/whatever-the-****-your-name-is...still think you "demolished" other people's points there? I can't figure out how you think that, unless you truly are delusional.

So...explain this to me, since in about 60 pages (on both forums), you've been unable to: EXACTLY what is it about the "situation" that is more "realistic" in a "dojo", than in an MMA sport fight? EXACTLY how does it make for more realistic training in TMA? Don't give me the same old bullshit about "ring girls, speedos, crowds, PPV", etc. I want to know exacly how that affects the fight, and exactly why it is more realistic in a "dojo" than in an MMA event. Let's hear it. Be very specific.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/20/2006 9:58pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, I've watched this thread from the beginning, and (attempted to) read every single of jzs' posts (I said "attempted" cuz I don't what the **** he is trying to say besides sport =/= fighting or some **** like that)...

and I have to say that every single of those posts is like a fucking wormhole or point singularity in space and time, where everything gets fucked up, the laws of physics don't make sense anymore, and light and possibly logic get sucked in, never ever to return.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2006 10:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Man, I've watched this thread from the beginning, and (attempted to) read every single of jzs' posts (I said "attempted" cuz I don't what the **** he is trying to say besides sport =/= fighting or some **** like that)... and I have to say that every single of those posts is like a fucking wormhole or point singularity in space and time, where everything gets fucked up, the laws of physics, don't make sense anymore, and light and possibly logic get sucked in, never ever to return.
    After looking at your avatar, the only parts of your post I got were "fucking", "hole", "gets fucked", and "sucked". I'll try reading it again...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2006 10:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzs
    I've heard about some RBSD train on pavement, as well as put objects under their mats to make it realistic uneven ground, as well as put objects on the mat like plastic bottles, newspaper, etc., to make it more realistic, as well as darken the room to test different light levels, as well as set up the training to defend against random attacks. All of this is much more valuable to real life than sport.
    "Ive heard about some..." Wow, that's a real convincing argument you have there.

I'm sure SO MANY "dojos" (the word used in your webpage) do that. I'm sure it is extremely common in just about all karate/kung fu/akido/taichi classes. :rolleyes: And I'm sure no MMA fighter has ever worked out on anything other than a mat. :rolleyes:

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    5/20/2006 11:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WHY THE **** IS IT THAT PEOPLE SAYING THAT SPORTFIGHTING DOES NOT EQUAL REAL FIGHTING HAVE NEVER FOUGHT IN SPORTS OR FOR REAL?
    More human than human is our motto.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 12:48am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Many old masters gained the title invincible so did others outside of TMA so, you are wrong.

Advertising happened before MMA events. You need to read something other than Inside Kung Fu Magazine and Black Belt Magazine. Remember, there are many sources that state that Chinese Generals fought in tournaments to recieve their rank.

Let us not forget the many Letai fights that existed.

ALL MARTIAL ARTS WERE AGGRESIVE UNTIL, PISSANTS LIKE YOU, DECIDED THEY WANTED TO BE LORDS OF THE DANCE.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 3:12am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    WHY THE **** IS IT THAT PEOPLE SAYING THAT SPORTFIGHTING DOES NOT EQUAL REAL FIGHTING HAVE NEVER FOUGHT IN SPORTS OR FOR REAL?
    Hey, its icky. There is contact, pain, fear. And worst of all, it will demolish your thoughs of your own deadliness. (Not talking about you fanatical) Waah! I want my mommy......:boxing:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2006 9:30am

Style: aikido, taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is obvious that people who have trained in traditional martial arts have used their martial arts effectively in real life for quite a long time, and no appeal to a fad will ever change that fact. And also that RBSD situations are more relevant because they train someone on what they're likely to encounter in real life (and they don't "sell out" by entertainment, hawking nutritional supplements, etc., but that is another story!).

It is funny how people get personal. Facing reality must touch a nerve? ;)
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast