• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 7:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok buddy, marijuana smoke has never been PROVEN to be linked to lung cancer. Not to mention the fact that its not physically addictive. Weed should be legall and cigs outlawed, im pretty sure thats a flawless idea.
    HEY BUDDY WHO HIT YOU WITH THE STUPID STICK

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 8:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Large doses of THC (doses that would knock you unconscious) actually causes cancer to depreciate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 9:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Miami, Florida.

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 10:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only smoke PCP.

You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hindlegs but if you get a group of men together you can create a herd of sheep.

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 10:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I smoked for years while doing MA. It never impacted my conditioning in the slightest. I could always outlast all but the truly superhuman. Everyone would always give me this line: "if you do this well smoking, then how much better will you be when you quit?"

Well a year and a half ago I quit. I didn't want to but my girlfriend made me. Guess what? Zero change in my lung capacity and conditioning. Only difference: I smell better. w00t. God I miss smoking. sigh
    You might be missing something here. Stopping smoking shouldn't increase your stamina or make you more "healthy", it only prevents you from getting more unhealthy. The damage you have done by smoking is already done, stopping won't put in reverse.

The real question should be "How good would you be if you never STARTED smoking?"

This goes for most unhealthy behaviors/lifestyles. It isn't a matter of acute effects but chronic ones. And not the "chornic" you're thinking of, druggie.

Studies have shown that morbidly obese people whose health is in immediate danger becuase of their weight, generally are NOT any healther after they lose massive amounts. Once again it is a matter of the damage already being done. They are better off for losing the weight anyway because, once again, it stops FURTHER damage.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Edited by - Punisher on May 15 2003 22:41:44

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 10:58pm

Style: Saito Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think I qualify as a SMOKER but I do enjoy a go cigar over a snifter of brandy every once in awhile.
    Nothin wrong with that!

I occasionally enjoy some good ol relaxing mother nature's herb!!!!!
    ...or that!

I only smoke PCP.
    ...or that either! Errr, go easy on it though. Dissociatives (PCP, K, DXM) will **** up your brain real nice in excess. NMDA antagonist neurotoxicity isn't fun if you enjoy the ability to form coherent sentences.

Seriously though, this is all about personal choice. Who gives a crap what other people do? I could care less unless it directly effects me (i.e. certain tweaking family members taking my ****).

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 11:06pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Asia... Asia, what kind of cigars do you like? I love the Cohiba and Fonitage Villa (sp?).

"Most likely to get hit by a meteor shower: Ballonknot" By PizDoff

maybe he is afraid we will all realise he is an angry 4 foot midget
    (PizDoff's comment about KFSS not showing up at McThrowdown)
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2003 11:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    punisher you have no idea what you are talking about. Lungs actually regenerate at an astonishing level. Go read some AMA reports. You do get it all back. And you can't compare health problems that are completely unrelated. That's just absurd.

---------
    Shut up and train

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    5/16/2003 12:41am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I know is according to my doctor I still have lung damage from when my mother used to smoke constantly around me in places like the car with the window rolled up. At age eight, the doctor was convinced that I was a smoker and had the chest films to prove it.

Like you said, I'm no doctor, and maybe there is some "point of no return" and you did stop before irreputable damage was done.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2003 1:05am

Style: Saito Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See? That directly effects you. I would make another conclusion about that situation, but I don't know if you'd be insulted by me hurling abuse at your mom.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast