Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 1:26pm

Style: Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeezus, Board. Who pissed on your Cheerios this morning?

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 1:29pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me. Ingesting your own urine has a lot of health benefits.:icon_smil
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    Hah! we had a thread on that video here- it was awesome. Kungfools waded in and tried to explain what it was to be a ranger to some rangers.

Somehow it got deleted. Damn
    Actually that was my faults. I was trying to delete a double post and actually deleted the thread.

In a lot of ways it makes sense to teach the submission wrestling to troops. If they want to hurt someone they have guns. If they are getting up close and personal it's probably because they don't want to break him but take him prisoner.
    Not true. One of the examples, that actually has happened in Iraq, is when doing MOUT you may turn the corner or otherwise find yourself in close quaters with the enemy your weapons jams or you can't get it into position to fire there is where Combative will come into play.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 3:50pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though the thread got nuked, is there a link to the video?

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 6:55pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    You're a little optimistic aboout the quality of BJJ blue belts. They're, obviously, solid on the ground, but quite a lot of them can't throw for ****.
    I know, most sparring is done from the knees at my old school. But balance doesn't have to mean standing. You need it on the ground, too, your balance meter just doesn't have to be as fine-tuned. But you don't have to be hot **** to know the basic concepts of balance, as this person apparently couldn't grasp.
    Last edited by Poop Loops; 5/18/2006 7:02pm at .

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 6:59pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Actually that was my faults. I was trying to delete a double post and actually deleted the thread.
    Ooo, that's some bad karma.

I'm glad I got read it tho-yey me!

Kungfools=silly
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Quote Originally Posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 10:32am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow.

After reading some of the responses I got in this thread and from the "Leaving the Bujinkan" thread, all I can say is I hope many of those individuals never actually get in a real physical altercation. And if they do, hopefully they only get beat on and not killed so they can learn from their lesson.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 11:13am

Style: Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    I know, most sparring is done from the knees at my old school. But balance doesn't have to mean standing. You need it on the ground, too, your balance meter just doesn't have to be as fine-tuned. But you don't have to be hot **** to know the basic concepts of balance, as this person apparently couldn't grasp.
    :hello2:

Laaa!!! The heavens open! Trumpets play!

Yes! Balance is always important. It's even important when you're lying flat on your back and rolling around.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 1:22pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by konosan
    Personally i don't go anywhere without at least 2 blades on me. AT the dojo, at work or at home i always have a blade on me somewhere.

I really don't understand why some of you are upset with it, it seems perfectlly fine to me that the lady had a blade and used it when some asshole was getting out of hand.

do you actually believe even a fragment of Dale's story? haha, seriously, you are joking right?
    You sound a bit paranoid, like maybe you should be on the martialartist rather than here. I too have a blade, I used to keep it in my car but then I realized, if I got into a street fight and even if I was getting beaten, I would not use my knife, you don't need to stab anyone with the exception of a very rare few confrontations. sad

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2006 1:25pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    It reminds me of the old Sammy Franco story. Franco's student was getting beaten fair and square by a groundfighting guy, Sammy walks over and stomps on GFguys head. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT'S LIKE ON DA STREET, BITCH!

The fact that his student was getting beaten by a filthy sportfighter didn't have anything to do with it. No sirree.

good ole Sammy lives in my neighboirhood!! I don't think he really stepped on anyone. He is too worried about losing money from a lawsuit, the guy is smart about his money, you gotta give him that.
    It's funny, he even gets to teach our local cops with his invented systems and on top of that, he feels that no woman should ever be a cop.
    I know quite a few of his former students that train at some 'sport' schools, they state that learning sport BJJ and MT suits them better than his situational BS.

As for his students now, they are covered in tatts and they suck.
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast