Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 9:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    So this Dale character is a "reality" guy who has an indentity built around being prepared to do anything to win, so he has to create comforting stories to 'prove' he's right/superior to other styles.

Ninja + Reality = Irony.
    That's more or less it; He once said that the counter to a double-leg takedown is to not be in the area in the first place or to shoot them. Towards the last page of the thread, when someone questionas the details of the story, in the nicest possible way I might add, Dale says he is "obsessing" about the story. This guy indeed sounds strange, If the story is true he will run into huge problems due to gross negligence, and if it isn't then he looks like a sad case who invents stories about how deadly his wife/students are.

Here's my story. This guy came into my training hall one evening and he was a bjjer and he had a shaved head, TAPOUT gear and was shooting up steroids in the changeroom. He couldn't get the technique I was demonstrating becuase all he knew about was muscling through techniqes and didn't understand leverage. So I shot him in the head. See sportfighting doesn't work on the street, and I'm too deadly for t3h l4w.

Or how about: A ninja came into my gym and thought he was too deadly for the mat, so I faked a punch then double legged him because all he has ever dealt with are lunge punches and he didn't train for the ground, so I keylocked him easy and this guy was a top instructor 15th dan. See, it's easy to make up stories, any dolt can do it.
    Last edited by Virus; 5/17/2006 9:20pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 9:53pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice try but you know that story was bullshit so why say it!
    Now my story is true..

This MMA guy dressed in spandex walked into my training hall and said he wanted to fight me, so he lay down on the floor and waited for me to grapple him because grappling is all he knows... I just took out my AK-47 and raked a row of bullets beside him then my wife dragged his daughter from a closet with a needle filled with pool chlorine over her eye and said, if you don't throw the fight she dies....

Boy did he learn a lesson that day.
    He is now my best student and we laugh over beers when reliving that tale

:director2
    aaaand CUT

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 10:04pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, it seemed as if the BJJ blue belt was basically going off on the lady, at least as the story is told, so, i still would say that part is uncool. After thinkinhg aout it, it sounds like another " wouldn't it be great if..." story. I still stand by my own story, where i got a flying armbar, when we were doing semi contact stand up, so I have been on both sides of the BJJ debate. Somehow, the Thuggery aspect doesn't sound so unikely. However4. after i got my arm injured, I decided it would be a good idea to go and learn some of that "Gracie ****" .

rawr

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 10:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Mushin Dao, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how he dances around stating they were BJJ blue belts.. "some kinda jujitsu guys"
    I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Nobones
    I like how he dances around stating they were BJJ blue belts.. "some kinda jujitsu guys"
    I noticed that, too.

"Some kinda jitsu guys. They had blue belts."

Hrm...

Let's gather up the evidence against this:

1) If a man 3x his wife's size has her in an armbar (straight is assumed), there is no way she can put a knife to his throat, since she needs to use her opposite arm to get to it, and he should be pretty far away anyway.

2) Jiu Jitsu blue belt (cut the ****, it was supposed to be BJJ, wasn't it?) doesn't know how to throw someone off balance or keep his own balance. are oh ef el.

3) This same blue belt got so pissed off that he decided to manhandle a small woman. You need to be seriously fucked in the head to do that, BJJ or not. He also failed, even though he was thrice her size and actually knew what he was doing.

This reeks of bullshit.

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 10:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We can't assume that it involves a straight jujigatame armbar. Bujinkan guys don't much like juji becuase it's bad for the street.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so some sort of keylock?

I still can't imagine how he could pull off one of those without

a) crushing her since he's thrice he size (she realigned her something? wtf?)

b) seeing that she's going for a knife

Also, how exactly did she get the knife to his throat? If this is the keylock where you lie on your opponents chest, there is no way she could reach his neck. If this was some sort of other keylock, he would be in a position to see the free arm the whole time.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Extremely obviously bull for all the reasons covered. What's amazing is despite how ridiculous it sounds, people took it in stride. What man stands idly by and lets another man attempt to break her arm just to see how she will react?

It almost makes me want to create my own outlandish martial arts legend and see if they buy it.....
    Last edited by VikingPower; 5/17/2006 11:57pm at .

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 12:33am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If stab sickly 10 year old boy because I know that if he applies himself, he might one day learn to grapple and put me in an armbar in 7-10 years, does that make me an even greater ninja than this woman?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 1:08am

Style: Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dunno if the story is true, but I'm a little weirded out by the "Nobody should ever have a knife on the training floor" stuff. Maybe it's just the low sorts I hang out with. All the Silat players carry knives and feel undressed without them. There's no question of actually using them on other people during training, but they're just like items of clothing. We haven't had any accidents in the more than ten years I've been training with the same group.

And I can tell you exactly what my teacher would do if someone were really trying to hurt another student like that. He'd call for a break, dress the guy down privately and kick him out. If he felt it was an emergency he'd probably dust off his Master Sergeant voice. I don't think he'd be oblivious enough to what was going on to fail to notice that sort of thing. It just wouldn't get to the knife-pulling stage.

My very first girlfriend and I are still good friends. I ended up with the squirrely Silat players. She ended up with the more spiritually advanced Aikido practitioners. I visited her school for her black belt test (which she passed with flying colors). She warned me about one man who has a "cute" trick of trying to grab people's knives out of their pockets and then hand them back with an overly polite "Oh, is this yours? Such a nice knife." I warned Janka to tell the guy that I didn't care whose school it was or what he was trying to prove. If he tried that kind of **** on me or my wife we would hit him just as hard as we could.

He got the message and didn't try his little stunt on either of us.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast