Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 6:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did he change it to budo taijutsu when ninjas started being seen as a cheesy '80s flashback?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 7:31pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay but there are these handful of Bujinkan dojos that train in the alive method and seem to have gained respect for it, and have instructors that seem to be very high ranking...So have these instructors gone back to the head dojo and said, yo master why don't we do it like this from now on. It works as far as we can tell, and you fucking ranked me this high, so I have to know my ****...so what do you say, alive training for the bujinun as a whole?"
    Has anyone tried this?

Or am I just clinging to that foolish substance called logic?
    PS...I was just looking at old MAP threads...that fucking Dale guy is 15th dan! (fifteen dans? )
    :wtfgif9fr
    Anyway! if this guy is the highest fucking rank next to the grandmaster and he claims to train alive...how the **** can it be that the rest don't follow suit?
    That **** don't make sense.!

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 7:51pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfPain
    Okay but there are these handful of Bujinkan dojos that train in the alive method and seem to have gained respect for it, and have instructors that seem to be very high ranking...So have these instructors gone back to the head dojo and said, yo master why don't we do it like this from now on. It works as far as we can tell, and you fucking ranked me this high, so I have to know my ****...so what do you say, alive training for the bujinun as a whole?"
    Has anyone tried this?

Or am I just clinging to that foolish substance called logic?
    PS...I was just looking at old MAP threads...that fucking Dale guy is 15th dan! (fifteen dans? )
    :wtfgif9fr
    Anyway! if this guy is the highest fucking rank next to the grandmaster and he claims to train alive...how the **** can it be that the rest don't follow suit?
    That **** don't make sense.!

Usually, politics gets them ostracized. Hatsumi doesn't do a whole lot to police the organization, but the politics are unbelievable. If someone doesn't tow the (right) party line, they get shut out by the other teachers.
    --
    L.

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 9:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah it's more group pressure than outright condemnation. The thing is Hatsumi is brilliant at knowing what you want to hear, so if he knows you like to spar, do some crosstraining in boxing, judo or whatever and you ask his opinion he will say that sparring is good. If he knows you are the standard LARPer he will tell you that you don't need to spar. That's why you could find quotes of him endorsing both sides.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 2:44am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The common quotes that Hatsumi gives are usually open to multiple interpretations or they have little to no relative point (in my opinion).

I have heard him advocate sparring and then later, caution people against it. Mostly because of the audience. The reason for the change is there are a number of less than intellegent people in the bujinkan that haven't the experience or the discipline to conduct sparring with the proper safety procedures. There was a rash of incidents that came to Hatsumi's attention in 98 of BJK praticioners being hurt during pressure testing.

The current BJK has the almost exact same style as Aikido, just with more weapons and inflated dan ranks.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 4:56am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO

The current BJK has the almost exact same style as Aikido, just with more
    weapons and inflated dan ranks.
    Well that's normal since Aikidoka's are the real NInjas.

Proof ???? well for starters we don't say we are ninjas....ho wait...
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 5:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the real ninjas were the people you least expected to be ninjas, then the real ninjas are the MMA, BJJ crowd. Especially those that bash ninjas on internet forums. They are the biggest ninjas of all. Three times the size of you that's for sure. So big you couldn't even choke us out if you had a shoelace.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 5:50am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    The same Dale Seago mentioned here?
    http://www.geocities.com/satanicreds...inomythos.html
    What the...if I ever meet Dale, I'll be the one screaming "For Cthulhu! I'll be eaten last!" and err...skewering him. With a harpoon. (Alternatively, whack him with a Yellow sign. Show him kiddy-pics of Shub-Nigguraths thousand young. Sic a Hound of Tindalos on him...)

But really, what the hell??

Virus: I believe the party line is that the name was changed because after/during the '80's ninja craze they were attracting "the wrong crowd". So in short: yes.

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 6:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't mind Dale, he's just a little Set in his ways.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/24/2006 8:24am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I even meet Dale. I just probably just point and laugh at the Ninja. Kinda like the way you do to Monkeys at the zoo.