Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 12:08am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    Can't pull guard on hot brimstone. Its like lava.

Not to mention that Satan and his arch-demons will totally poke you with pitchforks while you're down. But it's cool if you can cast magic missile.
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 12:23am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what,
    without being a Bullshido ball-kisser...you guys play a very important part in martial arts today.
    I'll tell you why.

Not long ago, I felt like studying a traditional Martial art , in particular a Japanese one, after watching The Last Samurai (don't laugh)...I didn't much care for self defence and the like anymore, I've been there done that and wasn't sure how the old bones would go at my age lol...I just wanted a hobby to keep fit, have ties in the classical yet still be a good martial art.

There was a dojo near my house with no signage up and I noticed everyday that guys with black gi would go in and out. I went to check it out, and the school looked pretty good. The teacher was about my age (40ish) and seemed very capable. His teaching manner was very mature and easygoing and no one was standing there yelling out Kia, or Hai sensei and ****. He would run through a kata, showing his students where there were potential openings for both he and the opponent and have people run with it, then he would have someone do that very same drill on him and he would show them how to resist the technique and counter it. Then after they practiced that he would show them how to counter the counter and deal with the resistance.

I liked what I saw. Here was a guy showing his students that for one thing, every attack was not unstoppable, and second thing, that if someone did resist, his students wouldn't be just standing around in a fucking daze thinking WTF, how did my too deadly unstoppable attack fail???

When I spoke to him he didn't seem to be full of **** and he never told me his rank. I had to ask him what style it was to which he just said Budo Taijutsu. I asked what that was and he said kind of like a version of jujitsu.

It wasn't until I went home and got on the net that I realised it was a bujinkan school. So there was another bujinkan school near my work. I went to check that one out and the place looked really dodgy. Everyone seemed a little too easy going in their training...people looked really soft. It just wasn't the same. I looked on the net a little more and stumbled across you guys. I joined I questioned and with every post I have read (includiing the **** you have linked from MAP) got to understand the incredible failure of the Bujinkan as a whole.

It also made me understand why the first guy doesn't have any advertising to the bujinkan on the outside or inside of his building as he seems to be teaching his own way. I trained a few times with the guy and his students, they do groundfighting, he tried on some grappling with bringing any ego into it...he seemed like a cool dude.

In this here is the problem. (See I had a point) There seems to be some bujinkun schools out there that train the way they SHOULD be training, and people recognise and respect them for it. Their students capabilities speak for themselves...but the org as a mass ignores them instead of learning from them and because of it, instead of good bujinkan schools guiding a new way, they are PULLING away altogether...becoming something different.
    What a fucking shame...
    It could have saved them.

Just my thoughts, worthless as they are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 12:37am

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Ninjutsu is THE martial art for satanists":

http://www.xeper.org/australasia/japanese.html

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 12:49am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    So you just train in Judo right ?

The guys you train in Judo with you, do they think the Bujinkan is just a scam too ? Do they think its bullshit compared to Judo,kyokushin,bjj,kickboxing and so forth ?
    I'm not going to speak for the guys that I train with but I will say that the Japanese public has a very high opinion of Judo.

My appeal to it is there is a always a time when you lose. The dojo I go to is run by one of the most respected Judo teachers in the prefecture and the average skill level is extremely high (more 4th dans than 1st dans).

The focus is exactly the opposite of what the BJK is, no money, no hero worship, just hard work and tons of practice...........

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 5:26am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    The Bujinkan is full of those types. If you just look at Kevin Millis, it will give you the willies.
    I have some of his DVDs, he doesn't really seem to give me the willies. He seems pretty knowledgeable at least, I got a lot of good information off of his stuff. What's wrong with him?

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 5:31am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfPain
    In this here is the problem. (See I had a point) There seems to be some bujinkun schools out there that train the way they SHOULD be training, and people recognise and respect them for it. Their students capabilities speak for themselves...but the org as a mass ignores them instead of learning from them and because of it, instead of good bujinkan schools guiding a new way, they are PULLING away altogether...becoming something different.
    What a fucking shame...
    It could have saved them.

Just my thoughts, worthless as they are.
    There actually are a handful of schools that incorporate alive training into what they're using in the BJK, but they are very few and far between. One of those school owners posts here actually (shinbushi).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 7:35am

Style: BBT/Flinging poo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh! Starting to sound like a bunch of old bitties gossiping on the back porch. :)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 8:17am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muqatil
    Heh! Starting to sound like a bunch of old bitties gossiping on the back porch. :)
    Yeah, this does seem kind of gossippy but I think that the information should come out to save some of the few people in the BJK that are willing to change. Who knows, if enough changes it may actually help your training and your rank and organization will get the respect you feel you deserve.

That way all the ninja's will be able to hold their heads high.......

But, as a whole, the organization is very money oriented with little going anywhere but a few people's pockets.

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 9:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know many in the organisation that know that things are fucked up. They don't see that it's becuase of the aliveness, when you remove that you remove the "science" from the system and are free to be led into bulldust. They kind of know that the grading sucks and that there is a financial interest in mass-grades. I don't see the situation improving. I think that MMA will get more popular but this will have the counter-effect of more "t3h d3adly, 4 da str33t" **** coming from the styles that were left behind, bujinkan included.

Edit: By the way, I just rememberd something one of the judo coaches said. We were talking about self-defence and he mentioned that he had just done his goshin-jitsu kata for his 6th dan. He then told me not to worry about kata right now and learn to fight first. God I love judo. The thing that gets me about str33t L4RP3rs is that they believe that they have a monopoly on actually thinking you might need your **** for self-defence. They fail to see that combat sports are self-defence training as well, it's not a black and white dichotomy that they think it is.
    Last edited by Virus; 5/23/2006 9:12am at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/23/2006 10:44am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny enough my Karate, Koppo, Judo, and JJ instructors all wondered why I wanted to go train with the Bujinkan. One JJ instructor, a Japanese/Hawaiian, absolutely DETESTED the Bujinkan. I didn't think much of it because I was training to be a NINJA. (At the time Bujinkan did advertise themselves as simply a NINJUTSU school. It wasn't until pple start getting smarter that it changed to Budo Taijutsu.)
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh