He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    So I did some poking around the internet to see who the people he keeps mentioning really are. There is lots of info about Paul Arel here:

It appears that Mr. Arel was a significant person in Kyokushin's development in the US. Our Kyokushin practitioners may be aware of his current activities.

Of course, its unclear to me how having a respected Kyokushin teacher helps with Sanjuriu's claim to his art (which isn't Kyokushin) being t3h d34dly.
    This is as much news to me as it is to you.This was back in the time when Oyama was trying to make the world Kyokushin.

Althought,this has peaked my interest and I wonder how much of this Kokodan stuff looks like Kyokushin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 12:38pm

Style: sanjuriu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude if you want to post messages fine but if your going to make rude comments over and over go to the skate park or something or your local gang w/e not to you kyokushin .

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 12:38pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cancuk, its no contact Kyokushin with Aikido wrist locks. DEADLY!!

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 12:39pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuriu
    dude if you want to post messages fine but if your going to make rude comments over and over go to the skate park or something or your local gang w/e

:sigh: Please kill yourself and make the world a better place.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, look i realize you really don't care what proof i give and your just going to keep typing weird stuff any way. if you wouldn't mind could you please just post on something else

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i do sanzyuryu because shihan arel and shihan sheperd had a political spilt and sanzyuryu came off of his kokondo. and shihan sheperd started sanzyuryu. kokondo and sanzyuryu are one in the same. oh and yes Jesus is cool

The quote below if from the website of the International Kokondo Association:

Kokondo Karate

Sanzyuryu is listed as ONE of the influences on Kokondo... that is hardly the same thing as being "one in the same". Given that Kokondo describes itself as Karate and the references I have seen to Sanzyuryu refer to it at jujitsu, its a little hard for me to believe that they are identical.

Again, could you at least try to use capital letters and grammar in your posts? Statements like "sanzyuryu came off of his kokondo" are incomprehensible.

Kokondo Karate
    Kokondo Karate is primarily a Japanese style of karate. Founded by Mr. Paul Arel, it uses principles indigenous to the far east. As in the case of most popular styles, it is a compilation of several systems. Techniques are from the most effective karate methods of Japan, Okinawa and China. It is doubtful that any karate style existing today is as pure as the original. Kokondo, however, has borrowed only those techniques known to be authentic and effective!

There are hundreds of styles of karate now being practiced. More than half of these have been developed within the last forty years. Our system is one of these…..but only in name. In principle, Kokondo is as old as the oldest known oriental martial art. In technique, it is among the arts of the ancients.

While the techniques of Kokondo contain the combined influence of China, Thailand, Burma and the Philippines, it is primarily a Japanese style with emphasis on the Shorinji (China) point and circles.

Though Kokondo karate-ka indulge in kumite and other competitive events at shiai, the emphasis of our art is self defense and perfection of technique….the original intent of any true form of martial art. Self defense training must take into consideration the various methods of attack and defense. This includes: attacks from the rear and side, attacks with weapons (knives, guns, club etc.) surprise attacks, multiple attacks, close quarter fighting and the defense against grabs and holds. Obviously sport karate cannot, by virtue of stringent rules and regulations, accomplish this end. We feel that the sport of karate has much merit as an activity for those who enjoy this type of competition. But we should not place sport karate in a category that might imply that it is the art of karate for it is the farthest thing from it. One must always remember that when rules are applied to any fighting situation, the fighters ability, versatility and full effectiveness is hindered. Kokondo's kumite is extremely realistic and includes multiple attackers.

Kokondo's emphasis places it more in the Jutsu system of martial arts and should be termed a karate-jutsu system. When the word is used, it is merely for simplification.

Within the International Kokondo Association, there are two distinct arts: Kokondo Karate and Jukido Jujitsu, both of which are traditional Japanese styles that emphasize practical, effective self defense.

As with all modern styles, the kata practiced are drawn from a variety of sources, (such as Shotokan's inclusion of Shorin and Shorei kata.) The primary styles which influence Kokondo are Sankata karate-jitsu, Sanzyuryu Jujitsu, and Kyokushin karate.

Kokondo does include a large number of kata (about 70) including 6 bo, 6 sai, and a tonfa kata. We include 3 Taikyoku, 5 Pinan, 6 Henka, Uke kata, geri kata, 6 kihon kata, konsho, konni, konsan, saifa, basai, kanku, gojushiho, sushiho, niaha, and many others. There are a number of kata which are unique to Kokondo as well as most of the more advanced kata of the Shotokan syllabus and many from the Goju-Ryu syllabus. Bunkai of every Kata is greatly explained since this is where the self-defense are hidden.

There are about 30 kata required by the time one reaches Shodan. Along with the kata, Kokondo emphasizes bunkai, the analysis and application of techniques contained within kata for practical self-defense. Many IKA members train in both Jukido Jujitsu and Kokondo Karate which perfectly compliment each other and provide a strong and balanced arsenal of techniques for self defense. They work together in such a way that the techniques, principles, and philosophies of one art do not conflict with those of the other.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 1:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok what i ment by one in the same is that they teach the same thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and also the founder of present day sanzyuryu Shihan Shepered was a student of Arel, and they got in a argument, Shepered was throw out because he want to teach a certain way, as well as Arel teaches his way, Shepered then founded Sanzyuryu. i Have asked Shepered personally. and have asked Arel also
    Last edited by sanjuriu; 6/27/2006 1:08pm at .

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok what i ment by one in the same is that they teach the same thing.

They teach... the... same thing... except... they're different... and one is 1600 years old.... but the other..... was created by Paul Arel... in the last 20 years... but they're the same... OMG.... my head is exploding.....

:5eek: :jerkit2yf :confused2 :violent1:
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, look i realize you really don't care what proof i give and your just going to keep typing weird stuff any way. if you wouldn't mind could you please just post on something else
    You provided NO proof to support the claims of Sanzyu Ryu. Bottomline itse BS and thats that. Trying to hide it behind Kyokushin doesn nothing, oh BTW I too have trained with Mas Oyama still doesn't mean that Sanzyu Ryu is older that Takenouchi Ryu, period. Again if you really knew anything of the history of JMA then you would realize how ignorant you sound.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast