Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuriu
    ok his history and info can be found on many kokondo websites maby you should do soem research.

Okay, I'm actually researching this, but I'd like to point out that you can't even freaking spell your teacher's name right. I can only assume you're actually talking about Shihan Paul Arel rather than Paul Areal. Jesus Christ you're an illiterate.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 8:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I did some poking around the internet to see who the people he keeps mentioning really are. There is lots of info about Paul Arel here:

http://www.kokondo.com/shihan_paul_arel.htm

I am not qualified to comment on this long bio, but here are some excerpts:

Titles:

International Director/ Chairman, International Kokondo Association (IKA)
    Founder, International Karate & Jukido Academies, Inc. (IKJA)
    Chief Instructor, Jukido & Kokondo Yudanshakai (Black Belt Association)
    Founding Member, New England Martial Arts Committee (NEMAC)
    Founding Member, Northeast Karate Association (NEKA)
    Member/Instructor, Sub-Committee for Law Enforcement & Crime Prevention (CDAP) Advisor/Instructor, Regional Police Self-Defense Association
    Member, New England Black Belt Hall of Fame (Inducted in April, 1991)
    United States Marine Corps- Fleet Force Troops Armed & Unarmed Combat Instructor (1956-1962)
    Self-Defense Instructor: Various local, state and national law enforcement agencies.
    During this time period (1956-62), Mr. Arel also competed extensively and successfully in both Judo and Karate shiai (tournaments). While he found these events to be both fun and informative, the most important lesson he learned was that consistent practice of martial arts for sport, where there are rules and regulations, is detrimental to oneís advanced development of core self-defense reaction time, versatility and overall fighting effectiveness.
    1962 Invited to bring his top students to a special clinic taught by Kyokushin Karate-do founder Masutatsu Oyama in New York City. Oyama personally invited Mr. Arel to affiliate with the Kyokushinkai-kan as his direct student. Shortly thereafter he became one of the first official Kyokushin Branch Chiefs in the United States.

November, 1962 Sensei Arel authored the rules for the First North American Karate Championships held at Madison Square Garden. He also served as a senior referee with Peter Urban (Goju Ryu) and Don Nagle, including for the final match won by Gary Alexander, an Isshin Ryu stylist and fellow Marine from New Jersey. Mr. Arel then performed on Johnny Carsonís Tonight Show with one of his young CT karate black belts and Mas Oyama
    It appears that Mr. Arel was a significant person in Kyokushin's development in the US. Our Kyokushin practitioners may be aware of his current activities.

Of course, its unclear to me how having a respected Kyokushin teacher helps with Sanjuriu's claim to his art (which isn't Kyokushin) being t3h d34dly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 10:27am

Style: Japanese Jujutsu / aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in sanjuriu martial arts and i will tell you right now that it works! i have been in many fights and have beat down my oppoents over and over, just because we are differnt then the ufc and dont just randonly swing at our oppent doesn't make us bullshido, our history in fact, not because some one told me, i researched it, comes as far back as 400 a.d from the samurai!
    Personaly i find it very interesting that your martial arts comes from a dirrect lineage of from the samurai, and jet your one picture of the woman defending against the knife attack, shows her doing one of the worst "ketegaish" i have ever seen. please go to your own site and look at that picture. Surely you can see that her head is going to taken off be the man's left arm when it comes flying at her.

Also, why the hell are there children doing kendo, when there is no kendo adverstised and to boot the kid is not wearing proper dogi?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 11:21am

Style: sanjuriu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know i keep saying i'm done wih this but just one more time for a another website link. Go to google and search for "sanzyuryu kokondo". then click the second link it should just say , Kokondo. That link will show the Shihan Arel claims that Sanzyuryu Jujitsu was before his own style.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 11:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the pic of that lady yet again is just that a pic, and from the looks of it a novice at knife combat, who yes would get knocked out, but yet agan she looks as if she barley has started her training

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 11:39am

Style: Japanese Jujutsu / aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the pic of that lady yet again is just that a pic, and from the looks of it a novice at knife combat, who yes would get knocked out, but yet agan she looks as if she barley has started her training

Sure, a begginer is a begginer, but if her technique sucks you should not put her doing a bad technique on a web site. Specially if you are claiming to be in lineage with japanese "Samurai" ju-jutsu.

Because, now you just look like a fool trying to defend bullshit.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 11:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know i keep saying i'm done wih this but just one more time for a another website link. Go to google and search for "sanzyuryu kokondo". then click the second link it should just say , Kokondo. That link will show the Shihan Arel claims that Sanzyuryu Jujitsu was before his own style.

I'm curious - since you put a lot of stock in Mr. Arel, why do you still do Sanzyuru when he basically moved on from it a long time ago? Why don't you do Kokondo?

Its kind of like becoming Jewish because you think Jesus is cool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 12:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i do sanzyuryu because shihan arel and shihan sheperd had a political spilt and sanzyuryu came off of his kokondo. and shihan sheperd started sanzyuryu. kokondo and sanzyuryu are one in the same. oh and yes Jesus is cool

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 12:34pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do Sanzyu Ryu cause you are too afarid to do a real MA cause it might hurt and they wouldn't give you fake rank.

:homo:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :sign2: :qright3: :glasses12 these smiles are cool
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast