Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 232930313233 3435 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 12:45pm

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the world's only testicle fracture victim rides off into the sunset. You will be missed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 1:58pm

Style: Sanjuriu, Aikijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    And the world's only testicle fracture victim rides off into the sunset. You will be missed.
    Aww "nuts," how can I resist when you're daft enough to take my balls to task? Perpetual ignorance is all the more to forgo communication with you:

http://www.arabmedmag.com/issue-30-0...ogy/main01.htm

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/441362-media

I thought about sending some of my personal pics. Then again, I wouldn't want you visiting for all the wrong reasons. :)

I'm out (we can all hope can't we?),

SB

PS: I just found this article which was interesting. It describes the psychological effect of getting a fractured testicle, sort of where I've been stuck for the last few months:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Story?id=5333029&page=1
    Last edited by SocraticBass; 3/02/2009 2:04pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 10:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see. Apparently lacerations are fractures now. I guess the language has moved on without me. So remind me again, are you still a reverend who posts incessantly about his genitalia or are you a full time sanjuriuer now?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 10:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, enough of this. It's obvious our mutual admiration society has disbanded. More importantly, would you say that BJJ is part of your Sanjuriu school or are you training BJJ also and still don't believe that alive training is of more use than cooperative drills?

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    3/03/2009 10:02am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cvbnm458 View Post
    Sanjuriu (Three Level School) involves mainly Okinawan style karate and juijitsu along with as many arts and training techniques of the Samurai as it is feasable to replicate in a dojo. We don't do swimming in armor or archery from horse back, etc. .

The translation is still into question, and Sanjuriu is not on the list of koryu styles, therefore is a gendai style (nothing wrong with this), with questionable roots

Sanjuriu is non-competitive, non-contact Karate. Obtaining a black belt from the ISA requires learning at least 18 katas and perfecting a great amount of technique. A first level black belt can be earned in as little as three years of constant instruction and practice, but more commonly it takes students longer. There are three levels of black belt as well as an honorary forth level obtainable only on retirement. Extensive weapons training is available for the advanced student. .

Why does it take retirement to obtain the 4th level, and retirement from what? You guys donít compete, therefore it canít be retirement from competition

As in any type of martial arts, the quality of the course is dependent on the education, attitude and dedication of the instructor. A prospective student is always wise to visit classes in session before enrolling. .

This holds true for anything and everything

In search of spectacular ad copy, some shihans are happy to make exaggerated claims about their course of instruction. This is not at all limited to Sajuriu, obviously. That being said, such embellishments in no way means that the course of training is somehow inadequate.

This is but one of the claims we have raised here, yes, some people embellish the curriculum and history even more, but the problem is that the history is already embellish, plus, we still havenít seen anything proving the quality of the art

Quote Originally Posted by SocraticBass View Post
    I'm not going to dispute anything cvb said, except to say that I spent some (a year or two) training in Isshinryu and found the Sanjuriu karate system to be quite different from that. I suppose it could have been either my Isshinryu instructor or my Sanjuriu instructor, either way it doesn't matter because no two schools are going to be exactly the same anyway.

Although thereís gonna be differences between schools (way to teach, etc.), there should be enough common denominators based on the claims of Sanjuriu

I've been gone for over a year, and plan to stay gone because there isn't much productive that can come from these kinds of conversations. We're just doing our thing and meeting success here and there along the way, which I understand can be pretty relative.

It is relative and based on points of view, therefore, not subjective, but come on, youíre not gonna keep yourself away from the conversation, youíve been saying that for almost 2 years now, and you still come back for more

I did get a chance to train some BJJ with Samuel Braga, who has six world titles and several PanAm victories. Along with that were two seminars that were a load of fun with Flavio Almeida and Bruno Tostes (I think that was his name). All of it was great I tip my hat to BJJ as an art form and they've always had my respect.

Good for you, sincerely

Unfortunately, during this time I suffered a massive fracture to one of my testicles during that pansy Sanjuriu training and from one of those silly little Samuria throws that we've been told we don't have a clue about. I got contorted in mid-air and just came down wrong.

Ok, just because you got injured, it gives you enough proof for you to be sarcastic, therefore you think that your throws are effective (and call them Samurai throws, pleeeeeeaaasssseeee), my take is that you have horrible Ukemi and the person throwing had no idea what they were doing, resulting in your injury

It took 16 weeks to heal and I'm still trying to overcome my timidness in the dojo after suffering it. I need to get back to training, both Sanjuriu and BJJ. After taking BJJ though, I still in no way see my Sanjuriu training as an inferior combat art. I do however wish to compliment my training with the ground work I was learning in BJJ.

This is not bad, good for you

Personally, I think I'm learning from the best in the business in both art forms and this silly little place has been a distant memory that I'm glad to keep at arm's length.

This is arms length?

Like I said, I plan to stay away, but since I saw this thread got a bump last night, I figured I would check in.

Sure, see you next week?

Hope everyone is well and I'm going to kick all your butts some day with one testicle tied behind my back. :)

Yours or somebody elseís testicle?

(That was a joke, just in case you missed it).

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    7/15/2009 1:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gong Fu San Soo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They do not tolerate the macho stuff or showing off no matter how great one thinks he may be.
    Really? Because when I went to the studio in Oak Ridge and the head instructor claimed that, "We're a style not many people can handle..." "it takes a tough body to survive our training..." "...if someone were to punch me in the chest, it would likely break their wrist."

He also stated that they instruct UFC MMA, which seems like BS to me just by looking at the videos on their website; not to mention, I see little to no mention of MMA on their site.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2009 7:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamonte View Post
    Really? Because when I went to the studio in Oak Ridge and the head instructor claimed that, "We're a style not many people can handle..." "it takes a tough body to survive our training..." "...if someone were to punch me in the chest, it would likely break their wrist."

He also stated that they instruct UFC MMA, which seems like BS to me just by looking at the videos on their website; not to mention, I see little to no mention of MMA on their site.
    Really? "UFC MMA?" But I heard him say, "Most sparring is stupid, done by stupid people," along with "we don't compete."

Dave, you got some 'splainin' to do!

Posted On:
    2/20/2012 5:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sanjuriu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

International Sanjuriu Association Martial Arts

I haven't checked in on Bullshido for some time. It is obvious that Sanjuriu, being non-competitive, is scorned by nearly everyone else. That's OK, and I can assure you that we in Sanjuriu could not possibly care less. If you want to compete, Sanjuriu is probably not for you.
    Some history: After WWII, Gen. Mcauther banned martial arts in Japan and confiscated all martial arts text. The US gov. sent a few guys to Japan to study the texts and learn martial arts of the samurai from masters. Those fellows created the close combat program for our special forces. (Not a sport, btw) One of the students of those guys was Sheppard Reale, who trained SF during the Vietnam war. Using the afore mentioned texts and training, he established Sanjuriu (Three-level school) to teach the martial arts of the samurai in their original form.
    There are several reasons that Sanjuriu is non-competitive; First and foremost, the original samurai training was not a sport. Training as a sport inhibits the use of full knowledge during combat. Training as a sport generally excludes combat with multiple opponents and being able to use empty hands, and/or weapons or any object that can be utilized. And my favorite, Sanjuriu, unlike competitive martial arts, has no rules whatsoever. As you can see, Sanjuriu is useless as a competitive sport, unless, of course, you're willing to join another organization to compete. A couple of my friends are also in Judo.
    Please don't think for a moment that I am knocking anyone's martial arts. Anyone willing to attend classes and practice, practice, practice, deserves a lot of respect for that. Anyone willing to get in a match and fight someone else is certainly braver/crazier than I am.
    I have no intenion of ever fighting anyone, unless forced into defending myself. I was recently asked, "If you don't compete, how do you know if you're any good?" A legitimate question. Well, we had a kid who got as far as brown belt before joining the Army. He had just learned Bo kata#1 and while doing the bootcamp thing with the padded sticks, defeated everone in his company, some 60 guys. A 1st grade girl, blue belt in jujitsu, was attacked by a 2nd grade boy at recess, she threw him with O Goshi onto pavement. I broke up a fight just by showing up. Both participants knew I have a black belt. I never took my hands out of my pockets or said a word. The guy I liked less immediately ran off. I was asked "How good are you?" I said, "Just average for somebody who has been taking 8 hours of classes a week and practicing a lot for the last 12 years."
    I will be relocating to the JAX area and opening a dojo next year.

Posted On:
    2/20/2012 8:10pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The US gov. sent a few guys to Japan to study the texts and learn martial arts of the samurai from masters. Those fellows created the close combat program for our special forces. (Not a sport, btw) One of the students of those guys was Sheppard Reale, who trained SF during the Vietnam war. Using the afore mentioned texts and training, he established Sanjuriu (Three-level school) to teach the martial arts of the samurai in their original form.
    Can you cite any sources, or provide any documentation, for this? Thank you in advance.

Posted On:
    2/20/2012 8:30pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C'mon. I know you're there.

Current Activity Viewing Thread Sanjuriu ??????Last Activity 2/20/2012 8:17pm
    A quick "yes" or "no" will suffice for the moment. You can provide the evidence later... if you have it.