Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 11:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko687
    no problem man, I actually like your attitude, you have the experience and also happen to not be close minded.

Hope you have luck finding a nice school over there
    thanks. there is a school here with a sign out from that claims Jujitsu, Karate, and Kickboxing.. I'm thinking about watching a class, as I can't find any other schools that might teach ground work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2007 11:39pm

Style: Sanjuriu, Aikijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt
    I’ve been to a C.A.G.E. event already. I went to watch Shamash’s little brother earlier this year. It’s a nice event. We all should actually have realized how futile this whole thing was after learning that Bass is involved with organizing the event. He and the other Sanjuriu practitioners have regular contact with real athletes who train with aliveness and they still LARP. If seeing the real thing doesn’t faze them, nothing any of us write possibly could. No wonder he thought SBG’s Aliveness video was silly. His defenses are absolutely impregnable.
    There's plenty of people at the C.A.G.E. events who know us and know what we do. You should seek one out, and ask them about us. As to the numerous mischaracterizations, half-truths, sickening posturing, and massive exaggerations in the rest of your post, I'm content to let them sit another three months.

Besides the personal insults, which are numerous (and actually a bit witty) you've utterly mischaracterized me, and yet still have the where-with-all to wonder why I show signs of frustration. In this post, we get a good picture of a guy taking some personal potshots at a guy defending his art and training methodology. I personally think its quite foolish of you. Again, I'm content to let it lay there at that, knowing there are plenty of people who know us and what we're about, and let you know that in a few short days we should have occupancy and I'll be training with a group of people that clearly have more respect for the art and fellow practioners than yourself. We'll be at 166 Randolph Road in Oak Ridge if you'd ever like to have a face to face discussion.
    Last edited by SocraticBass; 10/30/2007 11:57pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2007 11:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChimeriX
    thanks. there is a school here with a sign out from that claims Jujitsu, Karate, and Kickboxing.. I'm thinking about watching a class, as I can't find any other schools that might teach ground work.
    Hey Chim, if you're ever back in town swing by. We're opening up a new location in OR (address above). We're putting a full cage in the back for MMA training and have a couple of new MMA instructors that are good at what they do. We're also looking at getting Gracie JJ added soon and possibly kick boxing for more aerobic workouts. Several of the guys are mixing in MMA now, and much of the aiki side of the second menkyo involves ground work, including a few cool takedowns. They're supposed to ease up on striking restrictions in Feb. this year, meaning full mounts will finally mean something in MMA. I suspect much of the area training will change, although there will always be a market for full contact grappling.

Wish you were still in town, since we were roughly the same build and it was easier to train with you... hope you are well.

DA

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 1:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SocraticBass
    Hey Chim, if you're ever back in town swing by. We're opening up a new location in OR (address above). We're putting a full cage in the back for MMA training and have a couple of new MMA instructors that are good at what they do. We're also looking at getting Gracie JJ added soon and possibly kick boxing for more aerobic workouts. Several of the guys are mixing in MMA now, and much of the aiki side of the second menkyo involves ground work, including a few cool takedowns. They're supposed to ease up on striking restrictions in Feb. this year, meaning full mounts will finally mean something in MMA. I suspect much of the area training will change, although there will always be a market for full contact grappling.

Wish you were still in town, since we were roughly the same build and it was easier to train with you... hope you are well.

DA
    Sounds cool man, glad things are coming along for you guys.
    I've been super busy with school here, and even though i've looked everywhere for a decent martial art in the area, I can't find anything. This area of Arizona just has a serious lack of good training.
    I haven't actually looked at this site since my last post, but I got an email letting me know you responded.
    I miss training with you guys.
    Can you see if sensei has rondori pics from around the time when I was last there? I remember seeing some good pictures and wanting them, but never got a chance to ask him afterwards. Let me know at drumbunker@gmail.com

I'll be in town for thanksgiving and I'll try to visit if I can.

have a good one man

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's plenty of people at the C.A.G.E. events who know us and know what we do. You should seek one out, and ask them about us. As to the numerous mischaracterizations, half-truths, sickening posturing, and massive exaggerations in the rest of your post, I'm content to let them sit another three months.
    Man, you waited almost three months to answer with the same party line....

I think the only issue between members of this site and you is simple, sometimes you come and maintain a conversation in a very articulated manner, and sometimes you're a rampant idiot foaming from your mouth (an I mean that just as an explanation not as an insult per se, I'm not calling you a rampant idiot, even though sometimes that's exactly how you act)

Besides the personal insults, which are numerous (and actually a bit witty) you've utterly mischaracterized me, and yet still have the where-with-all to wonder why I show signs of frustration. In this post, we get a good picture of a guy taking some personal potshots at a guy defending his art and training methodology. I personally think its quite foolish of you. Again, I'm content to let it lay there at that, knowing there are plenty of people who know us and what we're about, and let you know that in a few short days we should have occupancy and I'll be training with a group of people that clearly have more respect for the art and fellow practioners than yourself. We'll be at 166 Randolph Road in Oak Ridge if you'd ever like to have a face to face discussion.
    in what way have you been mischaracterized? I understand your frustration, you're trying to convince a bunch of people of something and they're asking you for proof that you can not/will not provide.

Regarding the respect issue, respect is not simply given for free here, you have to earn it, now I know that goes against everything you've been thaugh in this school (respect fellow martial artist regardless of style), but we are a little bit on the pricky side, you're more than welcome to stop posting at any time, we still have people coming to defend the art that don't need to take your approach to things and are actually willing to listen to the other side of things, wether or not they end up changing styles due to our retorts is something we don't lose sleep over, at least they have the actual info.

Thank you for playing SB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 3:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sanjuriu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanjuriu (Three Level School) involves mainly Okinawan style karate and juijitsu along with as many arts and training techniques of the Samurai as it is feasable to replicate in a dojo. We don't do swimming in armor or archery from horse back, etc.
    Sanjuriu is non-competitive, non-contact Karate. Obtaining a black belt from the ISA requires learning at least 18 katas and perfecting a great amount of technique. A first level black belt can be earned in as little as three years of constant instruction and practice, but more commonly it takes students longer. There are three levels of black belt as well as an honorary forth level obtainable only on retirement. Extensive weapons training is available for the advanced student.
    As in any type of martial arts, the quality of the course is dependent on the education, attitude and dedication of the instructor. A prospective student is always wise to visit classes in session before enrolling.
    In search of spectacular ad copy, some shihans are happy to make exaggerated claims about their course of instruction. This is not at all limited to Sajuriu, obviously. That being said, such embellishments in no way means that the course of training is smehow inadequate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 8:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not going to dispute anything cvb said, except to say that I spent some (a year or two) training in Isshinryu and found the Sanjuriu karate system to be quite different from that. I suppose it could have been either my Isshinryu instructor or my Sanjuriu instructor, either way it doesn't matter because no two schools are going to be exactly the same anyway.

I've been gone for over a year, and plan to stay gone because there isn't much productive that can come from these kinds of conversations. We're just doing our thing and meeting success here and there along the way, which I understand can be pretty relative.

I did get a chance to train some BJJ with Samuel Braga, who has six world titles and several PanAm victories. Along with that were two seminars that were a load of fun with Flavio Almeida and Bruno Tostes (I think that was his name). All of it was great I tip my hat to BJJ as an art form and they've always had my respect.

Samuel actually lived with me for several months and we got a lot time together to "talk shop" and watch fights as he prepared for tournements, as well as build a solid friendship. I learned a lot from him both on and off the mats, he really is a stand-up guy. I was most impressed by Samuel's ability to protect his head and sink so low in his stances during stand-up play. He's an amazing specimen really, we weigh almost the same and yet he has three times my strength and endurance, a testament I am certian to his rigourous training. He's extrememly smart, extremely well trained, extremely disciplined both mentally and physically. It was a honor to absorb information from him.

Unfortunately, during this time I suffered a massive fracture to one of my testicles during that pansy Sanjuriu training and from one of those silly little Samuria throws that we've been told we don't have a clue about. I got contorted in mid-air and just came down wrong.

It took 16 weeks to heal and I'm still trying to overcome my timidness in the dojo after suffering it. I need to get back to training, both Sanjuriu and BJJ. After taking BJJ though, I still in no way see my Sanjuriu training as an inferior combat art. I do however wish to compliment my training with the ground work I was learning in BJJ.

Personally, I think I'm learning from the best in the business in both art forms and this silly little place has been a distant memory that I'm glad to keep at arm's length.

Like I said, I plan to stay away, but since I saw this thread got a bump last night, I figured I would check in.

Hope everyone is well and I'm going to kick all your butts some day with one testicle tied behind my back. :)

(That was a joke, just in case you missed it).

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 8:58am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I see a Superman shirt under his Magic Pants outfit...
    Last edited by sempaiman; 3/02/2009 9:03am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 10:53am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone who doesn't train with aliveness falling poorly. Nope, I can't imagine how such a thing would happen. You "fractured" a testicle though? That's just about the only verb I've never seen applied to that organ.

Glad to see that you are so above this thread that you ran straight back to it within a few hours of its necro.

BTW Bass, while I'm here, you got any directions for where in Kobe I can find the Sanjuriu school that our mutual friend taught at?

Cheers,

-Mike

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 11:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    Someone who doesn't train with aliveness falling poorly. Nope, I can't imagine how such a thing would happen. You "fractured" a testicle though? That's just about the only verb I've never seen applied to that organ.
    With all that like of aliveness, I sometimes wonder how I broke my ribs too. I think falling a couple of hundred times a week, trying new things, and pushing yourself will occasionally lead to injury. I also think that the tori has some responsibility in protecting his/her training partner, and that comes through practice.

Glad to see that you are so above this thread that you ran straight back to it within a few hours of its necro.
    I had subscribed to it at one point and obviously still am, as my blackberry just beeped at me. I need to fix that to avoid your limp-wristed bait-mongering.

BTW Bass, while I'm here, you got any directions for where in Kobe I can find the Sanjuriu school that our mutual friend taught at?
    Nope, and if I did, I probably still wouldn't bother much with ya.

Unsubscribed, and deleting my account here.