222280 Bullies, 3746 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 291 to 300 of 341
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. El Neko is offline
    El Neko's Avatar

    "Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    1,194

    Posted On:
    8/03/2007 8:35am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ask for somebody with more knowledge and they send an aikido mom.... such is life

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    I am new to this and somewhat confused.


    I could tell

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    I just logged on because I thought an intelligent discussion on the merits of Sanjuriu Martial Arts sounded intriguing. However, there has been nothing intelligent about this discussion. From what I gather from reading 27 pages of this thread is that SB believes in his art and in his training and Mr. Galt and others do not. Please, correct me if I am wrong.


    That's pretty much the sum of all this threat, however, the lack of intelligence can not be attributed to only one person or party, the people that came, and continue coming to defend Sanjuriu haven't been doing a good job either

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    SB sent out a challenge. Only one man responded, Mr. Galt. He responded under false pretenses and made many assumptions based on one encounter with one teenager. Am I the only one who sees a problem here?


    He sent out an invitation to attend one of the classes, and that's exactly what MrGalt did. I fail to see what you're referring to as false pretense, and the assumptions were made base on the proficiency level of a BROWN BELT so excuse me if I don't feel bad for the art

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    SB then offered him to a new challenge on equal terms without the deception. Just straight forward one on one competition. Mr. Galt denied. Yet, continued to bash the Art as well as a 16 year old teenager. SB sent out another invitation to come to the dojo and compete man to man, not man to boy. Again, Mr. Galt denied.


    Then SB invited him to "Randori" and MrGalt took this as a threat and considered that meeting SB at the moment wasn't the best idea, SB says that he didn't mean it as a threat and invites MrGalt to a tourney, at this point everybody had already agree that we were gonna drop the Sanjuriu issue until somebody more knowledgeable (you perhaps?) will come, so I assume MrGalt didn't see a good reason in hell to go visit SB

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    It seems to me that the Sanjuriu Martial Art is not in guestion


    Because you're a fan, thrust me on this one, the legitimacy of your arts is and will be in question until proof appears that the art is what your instructors claim it is

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    , but, rather the character of Mr. Galt.


    Please explain yourself

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    I don’t know if Sanjuriu is all that SB claims it to be. I don’t know if any form can stand up to all its claims. But, I haven't seen Mr. Galt stand for anything but deceit and the ability to bash kids who are learning and putting themselves out there for everyone to see.


    correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't know anything about sanjuriu beyond how much your kid or kids love it, how nice the people are, therefore MrGalt and the rest of us must be big meanies.

    MrGalt didn't believe that Sanjuriu was all that, he went to a class (because SB said that you couldn't judge without even seeing a class), he did and criticize the art in a very respectful and fair way, he criticize a BROWN BELT on his white belt technique.

    He said that he was going, he said witch school he was gonna go, he said when he was going, he explain to the instructor after class about Bullshido, he gave him his handle here on Bullshido; and the only thing he didn't say about his prior experience before the class... yet you call him a deceiver nice play aikimom

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    They are not pretending inorder to decieve others (that would be Mr. Galt.) They are working to improve themselves. Isnt that the basic philosophy of Martial Arts.


    By coming up with a made up story about the system (they couldn't prove it was true), and using as their sales point, they're deceiving people, now some people might not care, but if we're gonna call names, let's get it right at least.

    And no, Martial arts are coded systems to kick ass, the whole pseudo-religious mumbo jumbo was integrated afterwards

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    I wonder exactly what the Intent of Mr. Galt was. Why would anyone feel the need to decieve others inorder to prove their point. Where is the honor in that?


    I don't believe he deceived anyone, he was pretty straight forward and he explained why (and this is the fun thing about reading previous post, you discover new ****)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt
    I didn't mention who I was and where I was from until after the class for a reason. I've had ample opportunity to realize that when you tell people you have a lot of experience walking into a dojo they either go out of their way to impress you or dismiss you as just a crosstrainer, and either way you don't get the real student experience..


    So he did say who he was and what his experience was.... so I totally fail to see how he deceived anyone aikimom, you might try again, but I thing we're done here


    EDIT: I don't pretend to know what's on MrGalt or Socratic's head, I'm sure if I made any mistake, they'll correct me, and I'm just expressing my point of view of the whole drama... just so we're clear
    Last edited by El Neko; 8/03/2007 9:40am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

    But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

    1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

    Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

    OK. Here goes.

    You are what you eat!
  2. MrGalt is online now
    MrGalt's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Back in Tennessee...sigh
    Posts
    944

    Posted On:
    8/04/2007 11:58am


     Style: Seidokaikan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I’m going to regret coming back probably, but Neko told me there was a new poster on the thread so I thought I’d return earlier than the couple of weeks I said I’d take away from this thread. I hate it when people say, “screw you guys, I’m going home” and then don’t actually do it, but I guess I’m one of them now.

    Aikidomom…no, wait, Akidomom. What is this obsession with misspelling things at Sanjuriu? I like your tactic of turning the focus away from the shortcomings of Sanjuriu and onto me. Nobody has ever tried that before. I think you should start a new thread, or maybe a poll, on “MrGalt is a dishonorable meanie and a disgrace to the martial arts.” I suspect you’ll get a response of “Who?” from anyone who bothers to respond. I’ve heard you and SB as well as uncounted other TMAers invoke “honor” on this website as if the bloody word meant something. Why do people in Japanese martial arts obsess over importing this concept? It doesn’t even mean what you think it means. You see, in Western culture “honor” is a quality you possess and can add to and wear on your sleeve. It’s essentially the measure of your “character.” In cultures like Japan’s that are more on the collectivist rather than the individualist end of the sociological scale, “honor” is about doing your duty, not about winning gold stars for yourself. It’s something you can console yourself with even if people perceive you poorly.

    Since I brought that up first, I’ll spend a minute on my dishonorable ways I suppose. SocraticBass finds it “distasteful when instructing a person who can handle more, but hasn’t said as much.” I find it distasteful that I can’t go into a martial arts school and be treated just like everybody else once I say I am a nidan with twelve years of experience. My fiancé started reading this thread, and she, who doesn’t train at all and is therefore a good yardstick for me for whether something I’m doing is silly or nonsensical since she partakes not of the Kool-Aid, said, “Why would you tell them you did karate or anything else? You may be a black belt in that but you’re damn sure a white belt in Sanjuriu, so how can you be pretending to be an underbelt?” I’ve explained adequately why I didn’t bust in the scene with a big Hii-Yah! and pass out copies of my resume. I, and everybody else here, have done all kinds of things you don’t know about, nobody knows about, and nobody wants to know about. Most of those things are irrelevant. It’s not deception for me to fail to tell my 25 year life story to everybody I meet. If I had come into the school wearing a fresh new white belt tied in a bow and told everybody that I had never heard of this martial arts stuff before then I might concede you the point that I “posed as an underbelt.” I didn’t do that. I came in wearing a Nike tracksuit and a black t-shirt since I anticipated (correctly) that I wouldn’t be sweating that night. I wasn’t there to make a scene, disrupt or dominate their class, or start fights. I wanted to see what instruction in Sanjuriu looked like, and I did. I don’t know why David is so shocked that I didn’t like it. I rather thought the two of us agreed that neither one of us was going to convert the other way back when we started talking.

    I’m also not bashing the kid I practiced with. That’s a straw man they’re throwing up anyway. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I was the same height and slightly heavier than I am now when I was thirteen. If you’re adult-sized and you’re in the adult class, and you’re wearing a brown belt, you don’t get to hide behind “I’m a kid” when your performance isn’t up to par. By the way everybody, notice that AkidoMom and SocraticBass are the ones who are jumping in to tell us that he’s just a kid. He isn’t here doing that for himself. I wonder if he has had a chance to read this and learn that he’s just some kid as far as his art’s instructors are concerned. I hope he didn’t think he was just a fellow practitioner who was respected by his instructors and fellow students. See how I turned that around AkidoMom? It’s irrelevant to the discussion that David doesn’t respect his students, but I attacked him with it anyway so he can waste time defending aspersions cast upon his character rather than get back to the issue at hand. My point in the whole thing was that he was a brown belt and didn’t seem to “get” a white belt technique. He also said silly things. That speaks volumes to all of us about the quality of instruction in your school. It in fact tells us quite a bit more about your school than whether the instructor or founder can fight. If he’s legitimately entitled to his rank, then you can’t hide behind his only having a brown belt. He’s a legitimate example of your organization. If he’s not legitimately entitled to his rank because it was awarded for something other than skill, then shame on you, and he’s still a stunning indictment of your practices because you award undeserved rank. Pick one or tell me another option.

    I have just gone through the arduous process of reading all 55 of SocraticBass’s posts. I can’t find a challenge in there. He did invite Kiaiki to “come and inspect our MA instruction.” Maybe that invitation was only for KA and I shouldn’t have done it instead. On the fighting front though, he has said that “friendly competitions…are not for me.” (I’m splicing two consecutive quotes there). He has said that “sparring is stupid, done by stupid people.” He keeps talking about “taking the mats” with people, but he doesn’t. He doesn’t do it. He doesn’t spar or compete. He’s too deadly. He plays randori. He has pointed out that we are in fact legally bound not to fight MMA with striking in our state. Given his involvement with C.A.G.E., I’m going to guess he’s done the research I haven’t and that this is true. That leaves us legally with straight grappling, which he’s said he’ll not do because it would mean going in with “half his art,” boxing or kickboxing, where the gloves would negate his wristtwistery, or non-contact sparring, which proves nothing. So why am I not jumping at his invitation to randori? It seems reasonable. He wants me to attack him randori-style, and he’ll do his sanjuriu counter. I’ll be permitted to resist, but he’s already said that if his technique were not working he’d “just hit [me] harder.” That makes it sound like he wants me to do compliant drills with him, but then if I’m not compliant enough, he gets to strike me bareknuckle AFTER I’ve let him put some compliant hold on me. That’s not a fight. That’s compliant practice and then suddenly changing the rules when you feel like it to get cheap shots in. How very Fang Shen Do of him. Not interested. I’ve been to a C.A.G.E. event already. I went to watch Shamash’s little brother earlier this year. It’s a nice event. We all should actually have realized how futile this whole thing was after learning that Bass is involved with organizing the event. He and the other Sanjuriu practitioners have regular contact with real athletes who train with aliveness and they still LARP. If seeing the real thing doesn’t faze them, nothing any of us write possibly could. No wonder he thought SBG’s Aliveness video was silly. His defenses are absolutely impregnable.

    What I have been repeatedly struck by during my quick review is the schizophrenic nature of SB’s posts. I’m using that in the popular culture sense and not the true DSM-IV sense for anybody keeping score. He keeps alternating between nice and friendly, aloof and above-it-all, and macho hairy chest-thumping. It’s like three separate voices coming from one person. We have cool David, we have Sanjuriu Grandmaster, and we have SocraticRambo. I’m not accusing him of actual psychopathology. I think he, like the Sanjuriu instructors I’ve actually met, is a legitimately nice guy who doesn’t want to fight, and we keep pushing. He tells us again we don’t want to fight, and we push some more, so he starts getting frustrated and lashes out, then realizes he’s not being himself and pulls back again. Ultimately, I don’t care. It’s still disconcerting to read at one go. At first he’ll be nice and concede a point or two, then suddenly sparring is stupid. Then he’ll apologize for that and say he misspoke, but say lineage doesn’t matter. Then he’ll say he is willing to fight Neko and go out for beers later and sounds like a great guy, but then he’s right back on the offensive when he realizes that since he still hasn’t addressed the issues everybody brought up, we aren’t “off his back.” He “broke his teeth on Judo” but then he still doesn’t believe there’s such a thing as real aliveness short of a fight to the death. He’s a nice guy, a pastor and a pacifist, but won’t fight MMA because if he isn’t “permitted to kill” his opponent it’s not real. All arts are equal, except Sanjuriu is better. All arts are equal, except his school should ban cross-training. They don’t do ANY sparring at all, except apparently for Kendo which he has neglected to mention all this time. He engages our criticisms of lineage, then suddenly decides he wants to be the “voice” and not the “echo.”

    Man, I hate the quasi-Asian pseudophilosophy espoused by occidental karateka. It reminds me of a Terry Pratchett quote: “In the Second Scroll of Wen the Eternally Surprised…the apprentice Clodpool in a rebellious mood, approached Wen and spake thusly: ‘Master, what is the difference between a humanistic, monastic system of belief in which wisdom is sought by means of an apparently nonsensical system of questions and answers, and a lot of mystic gibberish made up on the spur of the moment?’ Wen considered this for some time, and at last said: ’a fish!’ And Clodpool went away, satisfied.”
  3. El Neko is offline
    El Neko's Avatar

    "Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    1,194

    Posted On:
    8/04/2007 9:12pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I believe that until somebody else higher up in the Sanjuriu chain finally shows up, this argument is dead, Sanjuriu has not been able to prove any of their claims, Sanjuriu has not been able to counter any of MrGalt claims with a degree of logic, and the people who show up to defend Sanjuriu do not have enough information to make an educate argument in defense of their system.

    The End, thanks to MrGalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

    But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

    1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

    Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

    OK. Here goes.

    You are what you eat!
  4. akidomom is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Posted On:
    8/04/2007 10:05pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sanjuriu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to make things more clear, I have no affiliation with Sanjuriu. I put them down because it would not let me sign-up without listing an affiliation. I chose them because I wanted to post to this particular thread on this specific topic. I happened upon this thread when searching the internet for information on Martial Arts for kids in the Knoxville area.

    I never wanted to offend anyone or defend anyone for that matter. I just found that the conversations had been rather one sided. I just wanted to make a few oberservations from an objective view.

    If, I failed to be objective I am sorry. Considering the fact that I have no martial arts experience I cant see how I could be anything but objective. However, I guess I was wrong.

    But, from an outsiders stand it really looks like everyone is just bashing this SB guy and his art. IF, that is incorrect then so be it.
  5. akidomom is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Posted On:
    8/05/2007 9:40am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sanjuriu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more thing. Akidomom was not misspelled. It was a simple play on the word Aikido. My daughter is very interested in Martial Arts. Her Grandfather always calls her the Aikido kido. Sorry, to let you down on trying to critique my spelling ability. You seem to be very good at critizing everyone. You make alot of assumptions and judgements. That was my original complaint with you to begin with.

    Like I said I was not trying to defend Sanjuriu. I just was really confused as to why you felt the need to be so critical of an art you were not familiar with. And so judgemental of a teenage boy you knew nothing about. THat same critizism has now fell on me. It is plainly just what you do.

    For what ever reason you feel the need to judge and critique everyone. I am unclear under what authority you feel qualified to take on that job. But, if that is how you make yourself feel better then by all means judge away. YOu must feel pretty big by now.
  6. MrGalt is online now
    MrGalt's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Back in Tennessee...sigh
    Posts
    944

    Posted On:
    8/05/2007 10:27am


     Style: Seidokaikan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One time I had to install some piece of software back in the 90s and of course had to read the EULA and click that I had read and understood it before I could continue with the installation. If I just clicked the box, it wouldn't work. I had to scroll down the text at a moderate pace so the computer "believed" that I had read the EULA. It seemed a little intrusive, but I understood what they were trying to do. Sometimes I think Phrost should have a similar system here at Bullshido where you have to go through some vague pretense of having read a couple of threads before posting privileges are bestowed upon you.

    The timing of your posting and your style field tell me that you are affiliated with sanjuriu. Looking around, I see quite a few people with nothing in their style fields. Having adopted the name, YOU represent the art now. Congratulations.

    Read around a bit and you'll see exactly why so many of us feel the need and take up the authority to criticize all kinds of things. As I've heard it said many times around these parts, it's kind of our thing. As far as being "familiar with" sanjuriu goes...I have seen 90 minutes of it. How much would you like me to see? What belt should I earn in it before I can form an opinion? Life is short. It's too short for people to waste their time with counterproductive silliness, which is exactly why this site is such a good resource for the martial arts community. Many of the criticisms levied in this monstrous thread require absolutely NO experience or familiarity with sanjuriu. A good working knowledge of real history, other martial arts, and some language skills on the part of several of the posters here are frankly all we need to know that sanjuriu makes some outrageous claims with nothing to back them up.

    As always I will leave you with the final word and I won't be back until the next sanjuriuer arises. Perhaps for posterity you can make a list of all the unwarranted assumptions I and others have made about sanjuriu. Although if I were you I'd sign off and go look for a good Judo school for my kid rather than waste time posting about how much of a meanie Mr. Galt is at all.
  7. akidomom is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Posted On:
    8/05/2007 11:03am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sanjuriu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, then tell me, what form of Martial Arts should I look at for my daughter? I just didnt understand (and still dont) all the critism. But, if that is how it works so be it. I am willing to learn. I dont want to get involved with something unworthy of my time and money. But, I dont want to base my discission on unwarranted judgements.

    I have looked around the site. I have yet to find any form of martial arts that this forum supports. Maybe, I am looking in the wrong place. I am sure one of you will clear this up for me.

    And on a final note to this thread. I still have a problem with the critical attitude toward SB and Sanjuriu. I don't think it is appropiate to judge this art based on SB or on your one encounter.

    However, I too would like to hear from someone higher up in the Sanjuriu organization. I would like to hear an educated response to all of the questions. You Mr. Galt are obviously very educated and well versed in Martial Arts. I can always respect that! I still have trouble with your tactic and the basis for your judgements. As to being a "meanie", for all I know you may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. But, when you come across so harse and jugdemental it is hard to see behond that. I am sure you made some great assessments and great observations. I just found that all I could hear from them were the harsh and negative comments. Observations and jugdements are completely different.

    And believe it or not I completely agree on the nature of SB. He seems like a well enough guy. But, I have a hard time understanding where he is coming from. He says he is a minister. The language he uses does not lend itself to and type of ministry I am familiar with. And, yes hes does seem to change his character very quickly. Leaving me to wonder If different people are posting under the same id? Oh, well I guess thats it for me. I am back where I started...Trying to find a program for my daughter that is worth my time and money.
  8. El Neko is offline
    El Neko's Avatar

    "Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    1,194

    Posted On:
    8/05/2007 11:21am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    Just to make things more clear, I have no affiliation with Sanjuriu. I put them down because it would not let me sign-up without listing an affiliation. I chose them because I wanted to post to this particular thread on this specific topic. I happened upon this thread when searching the internet for information on Martial Arts for kids in the Knoxville area.
    Well, as you might understand, we only have your attitude to go by, so clearly we assume you were and are affiliated with Sanjuriu... There's no real way to check for this other than going by your word, and since I don't know you at all, I think I'm gonna keep assuming you're linked with Sanjuriu, but I'm not gonna make it an issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    I never wanted to offend anyone or defend anyone for that matter. I just found that the conversations had been rather one sided. I just wanted to make a few oberservations from an objective view.
    The conversation have been one sided due to the lack of information provided by Sanjuriu representatives coming here to "defend" their art, we don't need to adjust to their level of knowledge, they should do their homework before trying to defend or argue the validity of their style and the true or lack of it on their claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    If, I failed to be objective I am sorry. Considering the fact that I have no martial arts experience I cant see how I could be anything but objective. However, I guess I was wrong.
    it's true, from your objective point of view, we're a big bunch of meanies, however, if you had the most basic concept and history of martial arts, you would understand that all our questions have a reason behind it, so objective is a pretty broad term right now

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    But, from an outsiders stand it really looks like everyone is just bashing this SB guy and his art. IF, that is incorrect then so be it.
    We're not bashing SB anymore than he's trying to bash us, the difference, we're using the information (or lack of it) provided by him and MrGalt to construct a counter argument with some validity and weight behind it.

    I apologize if you think we're a bunch of meanies, but you should have lurk a little more and see that we don't really give a **** about looking like the good guys, as long as we get the thruth out, I said it before, and I say it again, if they provide enough evidence that what they say is true, I'll be the first one apologizing and taking back whatever I said
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

    But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

    1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

    Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

    OK. Here goes.

    You are what you eat!
  9. El Neko is offline
    El Neko's Avatar

    "Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    1,194

    Posted On:
    8/05/2007 11:27am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    One more thing. Akidomom was not misspelled. It was a simple play on the word Aikido. My daughter is very interested in Martial Arts. Her Grandfather always calls her the Aikido kido. Sorry, to let you down on trying to critique my spelling ability. You seem to be very good at critizing everyone. You make alot of assumptions and judgements. That was my original complaint with you to begin with.
    Hey, you assume that we're a bunch of assholes, we will assume that you don't know how to spell Aikido (since spelling of basic terms seems to be an ongoing problem with Sanjuriu)

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    Like I said I was not trying to defend Sanjuriu. I just was really confused as to why you felt the need to be so critical of an art you were not familiar with. And so judgemental of a teenage boy you knew nothing about. THat same critizism has now fell on me. It is plainly just what you do.
    We were not critical of the art at the beggining, we were critical of the history (and some of the silly knife/gun disarm I admit), once Galt check the class we started judging a little more about the art, and we weren't critical of a teenager, we were critical of a brown belt, as a brown belt I expect him to know the underbelt material to a point where he doesn't look like an underbelt

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    For what ever reason you feel the need to judge and critique everyone. I am unclear under what authority you feel qualified to take on that job. But, if that is how you make yourself feel better then by all means judge away. YOu must feel pretty big by now.
    well, you must feel proud, you defended the underdog, kudos to you, however the it's funny how you think that the underdog needs help from a non affiliated mom (according to you) with no knowledge of martial arts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

    But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

    1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

    Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

    OK. Here goes.

    You are what you eat!
  10. El Neko is offline
    El Neko's Avatar

    "Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    1,194

    Posted On:
    8/05/2007 11:36am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    So, then tell me, what form of Martial Arts should I look at for my daughter? I just didnt understand (and still dont) all the critism. But, if that is how it works so be it. I am willing to learn. I dont want to get involved with something unworthy of my time and money. But, I dont want to base my discission on unwarranted judgements.
    Judo, brazilian jiujitsu, muya thai, are arts that are gonna be better in the long road for your kid, hell, even wrestling in the school is gonna be better in the long run

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    I have looked around the site. I have yet to find any form of martial arts that this forum supports. Maybe, I am looking in the wrong place. I am sure one of you will clear this up for me.
    I'm bias toward Judo regardless of the kid, so I'm gonna recomend judo or Brazilian Jiujitsu for the girl, do you have any more kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    And on a final note to this thread. I still have a problem with the critical attitude toward SB and Sanjuriu. I don't think it is appropiate to judge this art based on SB or on your one encounter.
    We're not judging the art based on SB's demeanor towards people, we're using SB lack of information on the art background (AS A BLACK BELT AND AN INSTRUCTOR), and the lack of knowledge on the underbelt material by a brown belt to judge not the entirity of the art, but their quality control when giving belts, we take offense on that, most of us work really hard for whatever rank we have, and we can back it up with knowledge of the art.

    Quote Originally Posted by akidomom
    And believe it or not I completely agree on the nature of SB. He seems like a well enough guy. But, I have a hard time understanding where he is coming from. He says he is a minister. The language he uses does not lend itself to and type of ministry I am familiar with. And, yes hes does seem to change his character very quickly. Leaving me to wonder If different people are posting under the same id? Oh, well I guess thats it for me. I am back where I started...Trying to find a program for my daughter that is worth my time and money.
    Depending on where are u loctaed, some other members of this forums might be able to help you find a good school for your kid, especially if you don't want to throw your money away with kiddie black belts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

    But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

    1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

    Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

    OK. Here goes.

    You are what you eat!
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.