Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:47pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't even see the kanji there in the background. Yeah, I'm not busting out the dictionary for that, and it ain't ten.

God I hate Asian writing systems so much.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:52pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I totally didn't even realize you'd posted.

Love your work by the way; I know I'm not the only one here who does.

Quote Originally Posted by wifey
    I personally know a few Sanjuriu instructors. Sanjuriu is a system of self defense that teaches, in addition to able bodied adults, children, and the handicapped -- blind, crippled, mentally challenged, etc.
    As one of the blind- gee, isn't that swell.

The instructors analyze the student to determine where he/she is physically and mentally and helps him/her develop skills to defend him/her self.
    Great.

I sincerely hope that a part of the training is getting you to the point mentally and physically where you can determine for yourself what skills you need to develope and how to build upon them.

They do not tolerate the macho stuff or showing off no matter how great one thinks he may be.
    Booooooring.

Don't mean to cast stones
    You hit me in the EYE!

but it sounds like you guys are the ones who are shoveling the bullshido.
    Yup, shoveling it from where it is on your site over to ours to be sifted through and put under the biggest shittoscope you've ever seen.

Do you need to ridicule or put someone else down in order to feel good about yourself?
    Oh god yes!
    Last edited by Stick; 6/20/2006 3:54pm at .

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:05pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the fact that when you click on the History section of the sanjuriu.com website it says, "Coming soon" Check back for updates!

Coming Soon? WTF is that.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:10pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    I love the fact that when you click on the History section of the sanjuriu.com website it says, "Coming soon" Check back for updates!

Coming Soon? WTF is that.

They still discovering their ancient lineage that started with Korean Hwang Warriors that time traveled to Greece to teach the Greek how to wrestle.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    This sort of pic says it all.

When attacked by a one armed man with a knife, first you should...

:5no:
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wifey
    I personally know a few Sanjuriu instructors. Sanjuriu is a system of self defense that teaches, in addition to able bodied adults, children, and the handicapped -- blind, crippled, mentally challenged, etc. The instructors analyze the student to determine where he/she is physically and mentally and helps him/her develop skills to defend him/her self. They do not tolerate the macho stuff or showing off no matter how great one thinks he may be.

Don't mean to cast stones but it sounds like you guys are the ones who are shoveling the bullshido. Do you need to ridicule or put someone else down in order to feel good about yourself?

See, here is the problem... no one minds if anyone at all chooses to open a "school" and teach bullshit moves or ridiculous spiritual bullshit to people. Really, no one on this site cares.

Where people around here (especially the hardcore fighters) get pissed, is when people teach bullshit and then try to pass it off as actual, useful, self-defence techniques. People teaching bullshit and pretending it is a deadly martial art degrades the martial arts as a whole and frankly contributes to people getting killed or at least having their ass kicked when they whip out their deadly knife defence technique against a mugger.

If you can't look at the picture posted in this thread (from your website) and at a glance understand that trying to use that technique on an actual attacker would result in you getting cut/killed, then you've already drunk too deeply from the coolaide.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 5:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I rather thought this:

Pressure point striking and nerve manipulation designed to parylize [Sic--Ed.] any attack meant to harm. The Sanjuriu Karate jutsu curriculum uses old-style Samurai Circle drills (Randori) to develop realistic practice, person to person training to establish modern and old-style understanding of the human anatomy and autonomic response system to learn exploit weakness and understand the mechanics of healing, and realistic interpretation of forms (Kata) to create a complete self-defense system, building balance, co-ordination, self-control, Honor, dignity and personal empowering.
    says it all.

Then I read this glowing endorsement:

I personally know a few Sanjuriu instructors. Sanjuriu is a system of self defense that teaches, in addition to able bodied adults, children, and the handicapped -- blind, crippled, mentally challenged, etc. The instructors analyze the student to determine where he/she is physically and mentally and helps him/her develop skills to defend him/her self. They do not tolerate the macho stuff or showing off no matter how great one thinks he may be.
    A system for cripples and retards. Cannot criticize worse than simply quoting their own words and showing their own pictures.

--J.D.
    Last edited by Doctor X; 6/20/2006 5:59pm at .

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:33pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doctor X, the representative for the handicapped is informing you to watch your step.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 11:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Tenshi ^_^
    Doctor X, the representative for the handicapped is informing you to watch your step.
    In all seriousness and sincerity, if my remarks offended anyone, I apologize.

I appealed more to the hyperbole than the actuality. What pissed me off about the quote was the exploitation of the handicapped to sell bullshit.

There are self-defenses for the handicapped.

This is not it, and it is utterly reprehensible for them to advertise as such. As others put it, if they want to be honest and advertise themselves as a family exercise group, a place for kids--fine. If they want to advertise that they have very interesting exercises for the handicapped--fine.

Self-defense? No.

I see no evidence on that site that they have any qualifications to teach the handicapped or the mentally retarded. I find it highly unethical to market as if they do. If they want to sell empty martial promises to adults and credulous parents, that is one thing--a dishonorable thing.

To prey on the disadvantaged is quite another level of unethical behavior entirely.

--J.D.

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 12:28am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gotcha, gotcha.

Everyonce in a while I have to be touchy or I get my crippler card revoked.
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast