Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 6:27pm

Style: Sanjuriu, Aikijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt
    Regarding the MMA guy who stormed your dojo, video or it didn't happen. We’ve discussed small joint manipulation and its essential uselessness by e-mail in the past anyway.
    I'd love to discuss it further down at the dojo. And I'm not a fifteen year old with a brown belt. I talked to one of our guys at the CAGE tourney at Powell and he told me who you worked out with.

You're using another common tactic now. I can't accurately assess your art based on seeing one class, and a beginner level class at that. So I need to go to ten? Twenty? Do I need to study your art until I'm a black belt in it before I can criticize it properly? By then I’d be engaging in cognitive dissonance reduction strategies to convince myself that I wasn’t wasting my time all those years, and my objectivity would be completely gone.
    Do us both a favor and just drop it. You can think whatever you want, post whatever you want. I'm beyond thinking about it.

What I don't like is your notion that you know that you can. You don't practice with real resistance, so you don't know what it's like.
    Then come give me some, by all means. I don't know what real resistance is because.... Mr. Galt came to a health club disguised as an underbelt?

Would you mind letting my two broken ribs know about your theory?

It takes about twenty minutes for the two randori partners to feel each other out, right? Then they can throw each other beautifully and safely. That's the absolute OPPOSITE of what training to FIGHT is supposed to be, man!
    And you think two guys rolling around on a mat is? I talked with some of the guys that fought in today's match. They respect each other. They trust each other. They know that their opponent isn't out to break their arm. Let me say that again, Mr. Galt. Two men fighting on the mats for a trophy sincerely believe that the other guy is not in there to break his arm. Is this full resistance to you?

I invite you to bring your resistance and you say you don't want to get sucker punched? People don't sucker punch on the street do they?

I saw your "aliveness" video. It made me chuckle. I'll get a randori video up soon. Then you can have your laughs too.

You’re open to having somebody come in and demonstrate things to you that you might not have seen, but you’ve told us time and time again that you do NOT compete, you do NOT spar, and sparring is “stupid,” for reasons including the fact that you are not “permitted to kill” your opponent. You are NOT open to getting schooled on the mats, and I honestly hope for your sake it’s because you are NOT as confident in your art as you say you are.
    Please come on down. I'll be as open as you'd like me to be.

If five of us as individuals chose to come to your school and do a randori circle with you it might be fun, but so what? Having a bunch of people come over to participate in compliant drills with you doesn’t prove or disprove anything.
    Don't comply. Attack how you wish.

If you feel so persecuted, don’t read it. If you’re worried that we are a bad influence on your google results or something, make a better advertising page, or better yet, write up a dojo review for your school right here and then have all your students visit it incessantly. Put links everywhere. Pleas for us to “get off your backs” shall continue to fall on deaf ears.
    Nah. That's all game playing. I think I'll just keep training, responding to stupidity, and wait for you to bring me some resistance in my own dojo.
    Last edited by SocraticBass; 7/28/2007 6:46pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 6:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Galt,

At this link you can see the next tourney we will be hosting. http://thecagefight.com/Powell_C.A.G.E.php

August 11th at Powell High School. The Sanjuriu guys will probably be behind the scenes, working and making it happen. We hardly even compete like this, but we have respect for schools that do. And unlike yourself, we don't go trolling to bash other people's art in a public forum. We respect our fellow MA's.

If you'd like to continue this conversation in a friendly manner, face to face, I will commit to be there. It's my 10th Anniversary weekend, so I might have my wife and kids with me. But I'll be there to discuss things further. It might help our dialogue to stand at the edge of the mats and discuss exactly what we see. Provided I'm not busy helping our head instructor make sure the event runs smoothly, I'm open to any length conversation you'd like to have.

I'm not overly involved with any of the MAA tourneys, so I doubt my presence will be missed if you choose to come over and have a chat. Just let me know what time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 9:34pm

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to pass the torch on this one. Neko? Anybody from the BJJ Boy Band? Care to take the issue of why sport training with rules where you're out to submit your opponent WHILE NOT GETTING SUBMITTED is still resistant even though you're not trying to break his arm, while trying to submit your opponent when you know he's not going to try to submit you OR even try to avoid gettin submitted is not resistant? I've tried, but I am not making any headway.

By the way, I wasn't "disguised as an underbelt." I just didn't walk in and announce myself like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vvI26NnwE
    While we're onto YouTube, I found your reactions to Thornton's aliveness video absolutely stunning. As I've mentioned before since they were on private e-mails I will decline to share them with the rest of the forum.

And before I go to bed for the night, I'll fulfill one request for you:
    "Attention David's ribs! You were broken because David had an accident while performing compliant drills in his dojo. While I am sure it was traumatic, you regrettably may not construe this to mean that you are in fact the ribs of a fighter or that you were actually the victims of violence. I am sorry I took so long to break this news to you."

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 11:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah man, we all tried already, SocraticB is just a little bit dense, and we have no hopes that that will change, that's why I ask him to stop the posting and let somebody with more knowledge on the art (he claims very little knowledge even though he's a black belt) answer the question.... he doesn't listen too well either, I'm pretty much done with Sanjuriu and Socratic and already agree that is pretty much BS, if anybody else from the school shows up and brings something new to the argument, I'll be the first one here
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Old School DM

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 11:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never quite understood why, when challenged that they are teaching crap in their classes, that schools respond with, "well, that was just the beginners/low belt/intro class".

Like its okay to teach crap to beginners?

Nice write up Galt.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    I've never quite understood why, when challenged that they are teaching crap in their classes, that schools respond with, "well, that was just the beginners/low belt/intro class".

Like its okay to teach crap to beginners?

Nice write up Galt.
    So teaching footsweep is crap? I guess leg reap is crap too. And probably the arm bar. Hell, it's all just crap. I guess you guys just come out and start teaching techniques at full force. Probably explains why you're out here trashing us. You're either pissed off and sour cause you never learned it right, or you're losing students to schools that take their time. Either way, it's a flash of insecurity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 11:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt
    I'm going to pass the torch on this one. Neko? Anybody from the BJJ Boy Band? Care to take the issue of why sport training with rules where you're out to submit your opponent WHILE NOT GETTING SUBMITTED is still resistant even though you're not trying to break his arm, while trying to submit your opponent when you know he's not going to try to submit you OR even try to avoid gettin submitted is not resistant? I've tried, but I am not making any headway.

By the way, I wasn't "disguised as an underbelt." I just didn't walk in and announce myself like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vvI26NnwE
    While we're onto YouTube, I found your reactions to Thornton's aliveness video absolutely stunning. As I've mentioned before since they were on private e-mails I will decline to share them with the rest of the forum.

And before I go to bed for the night, I'll fulfill one request for you:
    "Attention David's ribs! You were broken because David had an accident while performing compliant drills in his dojo. While I am sure it was traumatic, you regrettably may not construe this to mean that you are in fact the ribs of a fighter or that you were actually the victims of violence. I am sorry I took so long to break this news to you."
    So come announce yourself at the tourney on August 11th. I'll be the guy with the respect for his fellow MA's, and you'll be whatever hat you choose to wear. I'm sure after a friendly conversation, we can arrange a time for me to experience your mystical resistance.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 10:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SocraticBass
    So come announce yourself at the tourney on August 11th. I'll be the guy with the respect for his fellow MA's, and you'll be whatever hat you choose to wear. I'm sure after a friendly conversation, we can arrange a time for me to experience your mystical resistance.
    That would only be fair since we've already experienced your arrogant, blind devotion.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 10:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SocraticBass
    So teaching footsweep is crap? I guess leg reap is crap too. And probably the arm bar. Hell, it's all just crap. I guess you guys just come out and start teaching techniques at full force. Probably explains why you're out here trashing us. You're either pissed off and sour cause you never learned it right, or you're losing students to schools that take their time. Either way, it's a flash of insecurity.
    This is so typical of the blindness you repeatedly show. If you actually read his report, he doesn't necessarily say that the base technique is crap - he's saying that the person he was working with was teaching it/applying it in a crappy way.

A footsweep may or may not be crap, depending upon how you teach it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 10:37am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's okay, Bass. I think we've pretty well established that you won't learn anything from that and I have nothing to gain for myself. I'm going to go with Neko and let this thread lie for a while and see if any other Sanjuriu practitioners stumble upon it and begin the merriment again. Maybe the next guy will be willing to come to a throwdown or some other learning venue. In the meantime, I'm going to step out and let you have the last word, which will undoubtedly be about how I backed down from your honorable randori challenge. I'll check back in a couple of weeks maybe. I only even got into all of this because I wanted to see what was happening at my gym. I hope they're not paying you guys much. Maybe I can start a petition to see if we can get some judo or a boxing coach or something more worthwhile. In the meantime I'm unsubscribing from this thread and moving on.
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29303132 ... LastLast