Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 8:39am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which specific knife defense, or other technique, would you like to discuss in detail? Where abouts are you from, Aristodemus?

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 1:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and he's a goner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 8:41am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus
    IAnd if you can't maintain the maturity and thought power required to dwell on a new subject in a thread that's, by title, about Sanjuriu in general, rather than simply its lineage, you're not worth the time required to open a new one, which is by title specifically about the techniques taught.
    Why do people who come here to defend their system almost immediately fall into the arrogant, condescending tone of "blah blah you aren't worthy blah blah".

Didn't we just get over having to listen to Mantis do this?

Fine, forget about the bullshit history. Perhaps you can maintain the maturity and thought power to address the questions about your suicidal knife defenses then.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 9:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn it Grashnak, you made the troll runaway from here with your logic, and thruth and all those fancy stuff you use in your arguments

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.

Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 10:01am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus
    I did.

But I asked you a simple question, where I made that claim. You made an accusation at myself, and I responded to it with a question you failed to answer.
    This a common mistake people make when defending their art.

By saying this:
    What study have you done into our system? I've gone through seven pages and seen nothing solid given, merely picking on the member registered as "Sanjuriu", and assaults on our sales pitch on the front page of a site that was honestly tacked together by Sensei Shepard, while he was working down multiple jobs to pay for the school and feed his family, woven in the midst of several other sites being constructed.
    You've have absorbed all the points and fallacies created by other posters. Notice, you took up the fight by addressing points by sanjuru.

So, yes, YOU have now become Sanjuru's spokesperson hence, you indirectly asked said questions. You said our not us.
    blah blah blah maturity blah blah blah morality blah blah blah blah

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 10:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sanjuriu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanjuriu Martial Arts.....if you're reading about it on the net, chances are what you're reading does not reflect the discipline. Sanjuriu is a valid school. Most members of Sanjuriu do not compete or even spar in their own dojo. They do participate in O Soi No Waza. It is a serious school intented to train warriors that do not want to fight but will for protection. Children are trained in jujitsu knowledge until they are old enough for eye/hand coordination and judgement to be effective in the karate knowledge. Adults are trained in both the jujitsu and karate knowledge. There is nothing modern about the discpline. It is traditional martial arts knowledge and the study of a life time.
    It is not a religious experience, not training for an arena, not weight loss for mommy, not ego boosting for daddy, not hucksters to bring in any bozo that wants to wear a belt for anything other than holding their pants up or their gi closed. We have fun in our training because we love what we're doing. But, like life, Sanjuriu is serious stuff. We don't give anything away which is why you won't find our knowledge spewed out on the net or on the coffee table book racks at Walmart or Barnes & Noble.

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 11:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I call bullshit on you and your knowledge, I had enough of Sanjuriu guys saying the same **** over and over

Off course, you're more than welcome to ngage in argument and prove why I'm wrong, are u gonna do it?

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 12:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanjuriu: Serious Business?

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by asami
    Sanjuriu Martial Arts.....if you're reading about it on the net, chances are what you're reading does not reflect the discipline.
    Okay, as the latest Sanjuru person, I vow to start you off from scratch. I won't ask you questions about the other bullshit in this thread unless it becomes relevant to something you've said. So, lets get it on.

Sanjuriu is a valid school.
    Please define "valid" in the context of the martial arts.

Most members of Sanjuriu do not compete or even spar in their own dojo. They do participate in O Soi No Waza.
    Why do they not compete?

Why do they not spar? (Warning - this is generally a sign of ass-hattery).

What is O Soi No Waza in your context? Push hands?

It is a serious school intented to train warriors that do not want to fight but will for protection.
    Ah, the reluctant warrior pose. A lot of BS schools adopt this stance in order to explain their lack of actually teaching serious martial arts.

Children are trained in jujitsu knowledge until they are old enough for eye/hand coordination and judgement to be effective in the karate knowledge. Adults are trained in both the jujitsu and karate knowledge.
    So when do they learn the ancient samauri arts? Oooops, I promised not to bring that up. Could you be more specific than "jujitsu" and "karate", given that these terms are pretty generic these days.

A lot of people here will be amused at the concept of working up to the effectiveness of Karate.

There is nothing modern about the discpline. It is traditional martial arts knowledge and the study of a life time.
    Um, again, this is pretty standard martial arts mumbo jumbo that means nothing. Traditional martial arts knowledge REALLY means fucking people up. Its not really all touchy feely "study of a life time" stuff. Please elaborate on the traditional knowledge you pass on.

It is not a religious experience, not training for an arena, not weight loss for mommy, not ego boosting for daddy, not hucksters to bring in any bozo that wants to wear a belt for anything other than holding their pants up or their gi closed.
    Then, given your previous statement about not competing or sparring, what, pray tell, is it then? Apparently you're looking for serious, hardcore martial artists, who have no interest in actually applying their skills.

We have fun in our training because we love what we're doing. But, like life, Sanjuriu is serious stuff. We don't give anything away which is why you won't find our knowledge spewed out on the net or on the coffee table book racks at Walmart or Barnes & Noble.
    I gotta tell ya, all of this pretentious stuff you're saying isn't likely to win you any friends here. You may have noticed that this site generally promotes the idea that in order to truly be able to claim to be a fighter ("warrior" if you prefer), you have to actually apply your skills in a realistic fashion - i.e. spar hard and actually learn to fight.

Your "too secret for teh net" techniques are unlikely to earn you any points.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 3:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O Soi No Waza is a slow fight, like push hands without all the hard contact.
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast