Posted On:
    6/21/2007 12:11am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    We wait with baited breath.
    How did you know I had sashimi for dinner?

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 8:57am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Now I'm not saying there aren't valid arguments after this seventh page I've read to, but thus far I see no discussion of a martial art, all I see is children that have little idea of what they speak, and seek to tear down that which they don't understand.
    Ok, can you answer to our valid arguments then? also, do you guys really teach that shitty knife defense to students?.... And charge for it?.... Bastards

I really hope it doesn't take another year for one of you guys to answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 7:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikijitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko687
    Ok, can you answer to our valid arguments then? also, do you guys really teach that shitty knife defense to students?.... And charge for it?.... Bastards

I really hope it doesn't take another year for one of you guys to answer.
    Well what's your understanding of the technique? Explain to me how you understand it to work, everything that's happening, the function of each and every move.

Then I can address your question.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    6/21/2007 8:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well what's your understanding of the technique? Explain to me how you understand it to work, everything that's happening, the function of each and every move.

Then I can address your question.
    Ok, **** the shitty knife defense for a moment, address the questions in the order given for a second.

Answer what is according to you the "valid arguments" on this threat, then we can move onto the shitty knife defense.... did I say shitty enough times? well, just for good messure: shitty
    Last edited by El Neko; 6/21/2007 8:57pm at .

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.

Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    6/23/2007 10:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, thread necromancy FTW.

Okay, perhaps you learned a different sort of logical thinking than the rest of us, but basically, if you claim that something extraordinary happened - such as the resurrection of a martial art hundreds of years later on another continent, the onus is on you to provid proof.

We don't have to prove that your system is bullshit. You have to prove that it isn't.

Feel free. We wait with baited breath.
    Please, show me where I've made that claim, namely of our system's resurrection and ancient lineage, and I will gladly respond.

Though, I think you have me confused with someone else.

I don't particularly care what the system's lineage is, as long as it works.

Which would you rather be a student of: An ancient, but horrendously ineffective system, or a modern system that's unparalleled?

I'm not claiming Sanjuriu is unparalleled, I'm simply drawing my apathy towards the importance of lineage and inheritance.
    Last edited by Aristodemus; 6/23/2007 10:31am at .

Posted On:
    6/23/2007 10:25am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko687
    Ok, **** the shitty knife defense for a moment, address the questions in the order given for a second.

Answer what is according to you the "valid arguments" on this threat, then we can move onto the shitty knife defense.... did I say shitty enough times? well, just for good messure: shitty
    I honestly don't care about the system's lineage. If you want to argue that, find someone else. I'm here to argue the effectiveness of what is taught. This is, after all, a forum for discussing Martial Arts. Isn't it?

Though it is interesting how you pose a question, then drop it when your understanding of the subject matter is brought into question. I'd almost think you had no idea what you were raving about.
    Last edited by Aristodemus; 6/23/2007 10:27am at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/23/2007 11:19am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido addresses many issues, effectiveness being only one of them.

If your teachers lie about the history and lineage of their martial arts, that makes them liars.

Why should anyone learn from liars?

This calls into question the effectiveness of everything they teach, and most of all it calls into question their qualifications to teach.

It is a simple fact that your system makes claims that are bullshit. There is no need to go beyond that to evaluate the technical syllabus of the system.

We do not allow excuses like "well, the stuff might work, but the teachers are full of ****..."

If the art is full of ****, it's full of ****.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/23/2007 2:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please, show me where I've made that claim, namely of our system's resurrection and ancient lineage, and I will gladly respond.

Though, I think you have me confused with someone else.
    Um, did you even bother to read the long-dead thread that you re-opened? You re-opened a thread that was full of bullshit claims about Sanjuru. If you don't want to be associated with those claim, I suggest you start a brand new thread so that people can just discuss whatever it is you wanted to say.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Posted On:
    6/23/2007 3:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly don't care about the system's lineage. If you want to argue that, find someone else. I'm here to argue the effectiveness of what is taught. This is, after all, a forum for discussing Martial Arts. Isn't it?
    Don't remember asking about lineage since I assume is pretty much bullshit, so is not my question (or my problem if you want to learn from liars [thanks Ders]), my question is that you said that they were some valid point thru the threat, I was asking you to tell me what is a valid point to you so we can start a discussion base on that

Though it is interesting how you pose a question, then drop it when your understanding of the subject matter is brought into question. I'd almost think you had no idea what you were raving about.
    I asked you to answer the question in the order given, but you got to turn that one around... dontcha? So here we go for your amusement; My basic (really basic I must add)understanding of RBSD tells me that the gun defenses and knife defenses show in much of the pictures on one of the websites I check (I believe it was the second link on the first page) would either get you cut, kill or to put it simple, won't work in a real setting because they required a helping partner. Now, we can address the other points, or if you want to keep going into the knife defenses and all that, we can go picture by picture and you can tell me why I'm wrong.

P.S. Also what Ders and Grashnak said

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    6/24/2007 8:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, did you even bother to read the long-dead thread that you re-opened? You re-opened a thread that was full of bullshit claims about Sanjuru. If you don't want to be associated with those claim, I suggest you start a brand new thread so that people can just discuss whatever it is you wanted to say.
    I did.

But I asked you a simple question, where I made that claim. You made an accusation at myself, and I responded to it with a question you failed to answer.

And if you can't maintain the maturity and thought power required to dwell on a new subject in a thread that's, by title, about Sanjuriu in general, rather than simply its lineage, you're not worth the time required to open a new one, which is by title specifically about the techniques taught.
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast