Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sanjuriu ??????

Does anyone have any information on the creditability of a system called "Sanjuriu"? Here are a few links to check out.

http://www.sanjuriu.org/
    http://www.sanjuriucolorado.com/
    http://www.sanjuriu.com/

Thanks,
    Mungo

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 3:26pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't waste my time with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 3:27pm

Style: BJJ, WMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanjuro? Like Yojimbo?

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DerAuslaner108,

Do you have specific knowledge of the system or just smell the bullshido?
    Thanks,
    Mungo

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:11pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When a kid's summer camp link and a kid's after school program link are the two biggest images aside from the logo, I would stay VERY far away.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GranoblasticMan
    Sanjuro? Like Yojimbo?
    Maybe Toshiro Mifune is teaching how to be a roving, scruffy, earthy and cool anti-hero:5dunce:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This sort of pic says it all.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:55pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It reeks of McDojo and Bullshido.

Samurai randori karate bunkai?!? WTF?!?

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 5:00pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanjuriu

is a Complete System of Martial arts Designed to invest in the most reliable Home land security in the world: oneself. By Implementing the principles of Patience, Kindness, Goodness, long suffering, Excellence, and discipline we create men and women of Honor and Integrity First. Then we give these men and women the tools to execute ones right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness Undisturbed by those who would have these rights crushed. Combining Aikijutsu( Jujitsu), Karate Jutsu, and Bujutsu. We create not only create Masters of Training of the Martial arts but masters of themselves. Centuries of Knowledge have been passed down from generation to generation with the power to create masters of training Known as the Samurai and we, Sanjuriu, are Modern representations of these ancient warriors.

Sanjuriu Tennessee provides top-notch Martial Training for the Whole Family, Currently Headed by state Director Shihan Caleb Shepard who has trained directly under Master Reale for over 22 years. We Currently offer something for the whole Family whether great self defense classes for the kids to Pilates for mom you will be involved. Not to mention our great customer support, and prices that can't be beat!

Through our commitment, experience, and expertise Sanjuriu Tennessee has established a business relationship with our customers that will last a lifetime!

Our Goals Are

To introduce & firmly establish Sanjuriu® Karate as a completely systematized & modern interpretation of the Samurai martial arts throughout the world.
    To introduce & firmly establish the International Association Sanjuriu Martial arts as an important source of Samurai Training in order to establish ethics & technical theories of the Samurai.
    To continue studying, preserving, and passing on the correct history and original teachings of Sanjuriu, as an art, through its history, culture & technique
    To revive and promote public interest in the old-ways of Bushido through Aikijutsu ( Juijitsu), Karate Jutsu, and Budojutsu.
    To preserve this priceless heritage and revere its originators and developers.
    To unreservedly teach all who prove themselves worthy to learn this ancient and secret art. To re-introduce the original teachings of kata through the 8-person attack theory developed by the Samurai & introduced by Master Shepherd Reale.
    To encourage sound body, mind and Spirit in the training, & in learning technical theories of Karatejutsu , Aikijutsu, and Bujutsu
    To encourage the practice of Sanjuriu Martial arts and foster peace, health & harmony through its training & education To establish Masters of Training known as the Samurai.

Far be it from me to judge based solely upon the quality of their ad copy, but this doth not bode well.

-It claims to be a "complete" system for self-defense. As no such thing exists, I am immediately skeptical.

- Their foundations are ostensibly integrity, kindness, goodness and patience. This is not what should be the basisi of a +Self-defense" program. It sounds like a wonderful "self-improvement" program, though. I would feel better if their foundations were: Training, conditioning, pressure testing, and pain threshold.

- they proclaim an aikijujutsu, karate jutsu and (japanese) jujitsu basis. None of these are styles particularly reknowned for their practical methods and training; or at least not in modern times.

-This operation appears to be entirely commercial in nature. Which I don't like. I smell LARPing.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 5:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GranoblasticMan
    Sanjuro? Like Yojimbo?
    i love those movies, kurosawa movies are the ****
Page 1 of 35 1 234511 ... LastLast