223537 Bullies, 3736 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 96
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,978

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:25am

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armed&Hammered
    I suppose that I can agree with all of you in some way.

    1. What the **** is 20% supposed to mean. Do you bang your girlfriend at 20%? I don't and I suspect your training partner might be trying to bang you.

    2. Learning can't be performed at full throttle or people get hurt as Omega pointed out... but usually they just get their feelings hurt like you.

    3. Toughen up a little bit and earn some respect, when it's your turn to apply a choke, make him pass out. His feelings will be hurt and he'll also not want to bang you anymore. Then kick him in the balls for good measure (be sure to smile, it's much better and cheaper than therapy)
    Your lack of understanding when it comes to grappling is fairly astounding, especially considering the experience you claim.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  2. Hannibal is offline

    Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,334

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:25am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just tap early, tap often.

    If your partner goes hard and works on a choke or submission, tap out. Simple. By doing so he'll get the message that your a new guy and maybe not up to a certain standard.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
  3. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,978

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:26am

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Arg, for ****'s sake, I'm not complaining about getting hurt. I've dislocating my shoulder 3 times doing this ****. I've had a lot more pain than some guy with an ego cranking my head. My issue is simply when people don't follow the coach's instructions just so they can add another "W" to their "record" like Rickson =P
    The best thing you can do here is not respond to anymore posts from our new friend.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  4. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:26am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Point*


    *Hannibal*
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  5. Hannibal is offline

    Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,334

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:28am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the ****'s that supposed to mean ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
  6. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:29am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You missed the point...which is funny because you did it again by asking.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  7. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,978

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:32am

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Just tap early, tap often.

    If your partner goes hard and works on a choke or submission, tap out. Simple. By doing so he'll get the message that your a new guy and maybe not up to a certain standard.
    Once again, Hannibal completely misses the point. This thread is not about whether or not Emevas is a newbie (if you had read the thread, you would know that he's not), it's about his classmates' inability to follow SIMPLE FUCKING DIRECTIONS that the instructor gives.

    Emevas: One other word of advice. If one person calls you a duck, ignore him. If two people call you a duck, start wondering. If three people call you a duck, maybe it's because you have feathers and are quacking. In other words, make damn sure that you're not doing something to elicit the full-bore responses of your teammates. You should probably also ignore everything everyone on this thread has said so far, besides me of course.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  8. Hannibal is offline

    Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,334

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:32am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nonesense.

    Just tell the guy to ease up and play soft.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 5/17/2006 4:34am at .
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
  9. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:34am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    Once again, Hannibal completely misses the point. This thread is not about whether or not Emevas is a newbie (if you had read the thread, you would know that he's not), it's about his classmates' inability to follow SIMPLE FUCKING DIRECTIONS that the instructor gives.

    Emevas: One other word of advice. If one person calls you a duck, ignore him. If two people call you a duck, start wondering. If three people call you a duck, maybe it's because you have feathers and are quacking. In other words, make damn sure that you're not doing something to elicit the full-bore responses of your teammates.
    It's a good point. I just got thrown off. My first night, folks were cool, there was no posturing or ego bullshit, and we went through this drill beautifully. Tonight, I'm fending for my life at 20%.

    I'm going to bed. Thanks for being able to understand the thread GB. I thought I got hit too hard in the head at Muay Thai tonight for a second there.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  10. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,978

    Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:39am

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Just tell the guy to ease up and play soft.
    Already been said.

    Reading the ENTIRE thread before you post would probably be a good idea in the future.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.