Hi, guys

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Ummm...where at all did you ever read me saying I didn't do exactly this? That's the whole reason I'm angry dude, hence this rant.
    Because if you go completely limp, doing absolutely nothing and they keep raping you like savages, I think you might just have to do with a machine, some type of grappling robot or quite possibly a person with a severe mental handicap.

I'm not saying I don't hate it when people go apeshit in class. It just sounds like the reason you're whining about ego, is ... well... ego.
    More human than human is our motto.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 8:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't follow you. I'm complaining about the fact that I don't get a chance to actually loosen up or attempt simple posistioning because while I'm going 20% my partner is going 100t% meaning that neither of us get anything out of the drill...and that means I have an ego problem?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

No longer a Kaju-Critic

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kajukenbo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know, I would have to say the one thing I've learned from just about any combative training is that you need to be communicative.

In other words tell them to back off and take it easy, in my opinion.

Like I'll see guys basic to advanced all the time just go from gentle warm ups to flat out hard sparring and more often than not one person gets hurt in a DRILL. If we're working our jabs and some guy come at me with leg kicks meant to take me down then I'm going to say "stop."

there is a bit dual ego in that alot of people dont want to say "stop" or "cool it." So you got one guy trying to be Gracie in a white belt while the other guy doesn't want to look weak so he's going just as hard back. Theres a time for max intensity and theres a time to learn.

I guess I said more than I had to but you hit on something that bugs me alot, Em. I understand when white belts do it, but anything else is rediculous.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 10:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Jking, I think you helped me understand what fanatical was trying to tell me about "ego" on both sides. About how I need to personally tell my training partner to cool off.

Yeah, next time I'm looking out for that. The last time I was hoping I could "lead by example" and just go limp while they were going ballistic and they would get the message, but that sure as helll didn't work =P
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 9:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the point was that if you do NOTHING, unless they are complete morons they will ask why the hell you're just lying there. Which would be the perfect time to say that this is way too hard for a simple 20% warmup.

If they don't give a **** then mark them off in your journal as cocksuckers who will never understand and avoid them in training whenever possible, because if they fail simple instruction, they will definately fail other instructions. Training with some types of people is just detrimental imho. I freely admit that my ego and impatience make me a very bad teacher or instructor (not that it's a particular chance I'll ever instruct anyone)

Some people just take lots of time to understand even the simplest of things and if I don't have the patience required to make them understand, then I simply avoid them and let them **** up someone elses day. I'm a bastard that way.
    More human than human is our motto.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 10:28am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    Well the point was that if you do NOTHING, unless they are complete morons they will ask why the hell you're just lying there. Which would be the perfect time to say that this is way too hard for a simple 20% warmup.

If they don't give a **** then mark them off in your journal as cocksuckers who will never understand and avoid them in training whenever possible, because if they fail simple instruction, they will definately fail other instructions. Training with some types of people is just detrimental imho. I freely admit that my ego and impatience make me a very bad teacher or instructor (not that it's a particular chance I'll ever instruct anyone)

Some people just take lots of time to understand even the simplest of things and if I don't have the patience required to make them understand, then I simply avoid them and let them **** up someone elses day. I'm a bastard that way.
    Exactly, if Roidrage Randy can't roll with control, kick him in the nuts and tell him to sit in the corner and think about what he did.

First communication, then avoidance, then kick in the nuts.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910