Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2007 11:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2nd degree BJJ black belt, Kru Ric Sniffen.

Kru Ric Sniffen

"Kru Ric has studied Brazilian Jujitsu and reahced 2nd Degree Blackbelt under instructor Benedict Bastes."

Source: http://www.usmta.com/Ric%20Sniffen.htm

There is no instructor I know of called Benedict Bastes. This was originally highlighted over on the UG.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    3/10/2007 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kru Ric Sniffen aka "Rma Lek Suer" from Guymon Oklahoma has studied in martial arts since he was four years old. he is bilingual in English, Spanish, Thai and Japanese. He studied Japanese and Okinawa martial arts of Zen Combat

Karate, Naha Te and Bujutsu (traditional Japanese weaponry and Samurai skills) earning the rank of Rokudan and traditional title of Kyoshi. (instructor) under instructors Hanshi Shioda Minoru, Kyoshi Y. Tanaka, Kyoshi.

T. Yamashiro and Hanshi William A. Sniffen Sr. and Renshi William A. Sniffen Jr. He has also studied Yip Man Wing Chun system under instructors Stephan and Peter Leung, and Kung June Nu Su (KukSanim) Korean martial arts under instructor Kim H. Lee. Kru Ric has studied Arnis under Baymond Bautista.

Khmer Boxing from Cambodia, Muay Boran and Muay Chao Cherk from Thailand under instructors Sawang Kwat Jia and Tong Yaleh. Kru Ric has studied Brazilian Jujitsu and reahced 2nd Degree Blackbelt under instructor Benedict Bastes.

He has trained sat Pontawee Camp in Bangkok, Thailand under Krus Srisa Keet Wat, Suri Poosiri and Kru Phitsarnu. He also studied at the Lopuri Gym, Thailand under Kru's Tienchai Goring, Tongmee Deebuape and Ket Jamornmarn.

He also studied Muay Thai at Fairtex Muay Thai under instructor Anthony Lin. Kru Ric studied western Boxing in El Paso,Texas at the Southwest Boxing Academy and gained a record of 14 fights with 8 wins, 2 Draws and 4 losses at Cruiserweight.

He has Judging & refereeing under the AAU, WBC and the USBA with 9 years experience. He represents the Native American Muay Thai Association (NAMTA).He became National Director of the USMTA (NAL).
    ...is what the entire page says.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2007 12:54pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings.

Bilingual in four different languages. That's just magnificent.

If you type his name into google, you will get multiple MA related biographies and advertisements and things of that nature, all of which are about a guy named Ric Sniffen with a grandiose background from Oklahoma. Same guy? Probably. But if it is he seems to changed his little fantasy every so often.

http://home.psouth.net/~jokim/ric.html

My name is Ric Sniffen and I'm a Chunin subleader of the Tengu Ryu under Junin Yamashiro. I begun my Martial Arts Training at the age of 4 years old under my father Hanshi William Sniffen Sr. and his teacher Hanshi Shinoda Minoru in the Tanaka Ryu and in Nipon/Ryukyu Kaishu Ki Kempo ( Zen Combat Karate ). I currently hold the rank of Rokudan in the Art and the Title of Kyoshi. At the age of 8 I begun studying Koga Ryu under Yamashiro Junin in the Tengu system. eventually earning the Title of Chunin in Tengu Ryu.

I then began studying the Korean Martial Art of Sul Sa Do under GrandMaster Kim H. Lee. In 1985 I was awarded the rank and title of Yook Dan Kwanjangnim ( Master Instructor ). I have also studied Keupsu Chirigi or method of striking pressure points and joints etc. My teacher passed away in 1988 leaving me the honor to carry on his Art.

I currently operate schools in Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, and Kansas with another soon to open in Minnesota ( late 2001). My main school is in Guymon ,Oklahoma and consist of 20 full time active students who train in the VERY TRADITIONAL methods of Tengu Koga Ryu. In the past I have taught some 145+ students in the Martial Arts, along with members of Foreign Governments, Military, Law Enforcement and Bodyguards. My current group is an ACTIVE group of Shinobi 20 to be exact, we have offered our services to Japan and other foreign governments.

My commitment to the Koga Ryu is to see that the Ryu will Flurish Forever and that someone will carry on the teachings of our great system. My commitment to each of you is that of a brother in the Art. I will be here to answer questions explain techniques do seminars at your shool etc. all you need to do is ask.

I'm Married to a 4th Dg. Black Belt in Moo Duk Kwan Julie, and we have 4 children Nicole 15, Sabrina 12 Ricky 9 and Michael 8. Each of my children begun training at the age of 4 years okd in Tengu Ryu.

I'm also on the Board for ninja clans to deal with ranking, systems, and problems withim the Koga Ryu.

I can be contacted by E-Mail at anytime my E-Mail address is sniffen@ptsi.net please feel free to contact me with any questions or to help find some.

Sincerely one in the Path
    Interestingly enough the biography on this page has a picture which shows it is the same guy, but it mentions nothing of his extensive bjj, boxing, and muay thai experience. http://www.masterbridgesacademy.home...erSniffen.html

Grand Master Ric Sniffen began his career in Martial Arts at age 4, in the New York Budokan under the direction of Hanshi Minoru and Hanshi W. Sniffen, in the art of Zen Combat Karate. He earned the rank of Rokudan (6th degree Black Belt) in 1985 along witth the title of Kyoshi (Instructor).

At the age of 7, he was introduced to Grand Master Kim H. Lee, the Golden Tiger of Heaju. Grand Master Lee instructed him in the arts of Keupsu Chirgi (pressure points), Kung Joong Moo Sool Royal Palace Martial Art, and Soo Bak Do.

Grand Master Sniffen also studied the arts of Yudo, Moo Duk Kwan and Hapkido under Master J.P. Sang, earning his 5th degree Black Belt in 1992. He trained in Cambodian Boxing under Phuc Tran and the Chinese Art of Wing Chun Gung Fu under Sifu Leung and David Leung. He was a student of Monk Q. Ling and William Wu in the Art of Five Family Fist. He is a cerified instructor in both arts.

Grand Master Sniffen operates Dojangs in Texhoma, OK; Goodwell, OK; and Guymon, OK. He has students operating schools in Norman, OK; Ponca City, OK; Houston, TX, New York City, NY and Miami, FL.
    http://www.awsda.org/html/oklahoma.html

Fighting Sparrows
    Ric Sniffen
    Texhoma, OK 73949
    (580) 423-7239
    sniffen@ptsi.net
    Womens Self Defense Seminars for both Small and Large Groups for NO CHARGE. We accept donations from groups who may sponsor us to teach for area businesses or groups. But even this is NOT REQUIRED we do this for those in need of our program. Instructor is a 6th Degree Black Belt in both Zen Combat Karate and Korean Royal Palace Martial Arts and a former Police Officer with the Texhoma Police department. Also worked on the Texhoma Fire - Rescue Department as an Instructor.
    Updated: 4/28/02

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/11/2007 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Email inbound . . . . pontaweecamp@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Don Gwinn; 3/12/2007 10:01pm at .

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 4:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MT, TRAD JJ,WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn this guys claim to fame is his main school is in Guymon Oklahoma. I am from Oklahoma and never have heard of this guy, guess thats why he says his school is in Guymon where pig farms are the biggest employer of illegals. Sounds like BS to me.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 7:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone else should wait a few days and email this guy. He was fairly forthcoming, but I have apparently deleted his reply.
    That was the morning my wife woke me up at 1:00 a.m. after her water broke, so things were a little rushed. It's not in my deleted items, so I probably "junked" it along with the spam while trying to get my lesson plans and stuff sent off.

He gave a Japanese name for Bastes' instructor in Brazil; nobody I recognized. All names involved were vague. I did not get the impression of veracity. Sorry I lost it, guys.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 8:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I attended a Muay Thai event on 3-10-2007 in Guymon. Oklahoma that was promoted by Ric Sniffen. There were 15 fights and they were sanctioned by the Native American League of the USMTA. The event drew a packed house and the show was great. I too am from Oklahoma and have been at several events in which Ric Sniffen has been involved.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 8:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK. Do you know anything about his Muay Thai lineage? How about BJJ?

The part I'm having trouble with is the 2nd Black in BJJ.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 9:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I no nothing of his Muay Thai lineage. I know him from attending amateur Muay Thai events in which my teenage son competes. Ric heads up the NAL and has sanctioned matches around the state. I understand he has a fairly large school in Guymon, OK.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 12:14pm

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd love to hear who this Japanese instructor of Benedict Bastes was...maybe you could email him back and simply tell him that you lost his reply on account of your wife's water breaking? Congratulations, by the way!

Another good question would be what BJJ team affiliation this is...
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast