Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 6:37am

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm in the middle of that episode 3. I can now say I hate martial arts. I need to find a new word, fighting is good, I'll stick with fighting.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 6:40am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only episode I can remember is the one with the guy who shouts at people and knocks them down. I don't think I watched it again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 7:48am

Style: Shidokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The annoying thing is that there are so many interesting people in MA that this series could have been good. It showed Crudelli's definate bias towards Chinese martial arts and all things chi like rather than reflecting what MA is all about today. As mentioned the Filipino stuff was very interesting but sandwiched between somone pulling a truck with his cock (although he probably had a rope underneath his loin cloth) and a man shouting at a bell. Sad really.
    I actually quite liked Leung Ting. I'm no fan of The Chun (or The Tsun) but he came across better than I expected and debunked some chi tricks in the process.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 8:02am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on now, it's always good to see people pulling trucks with their cocks :laughing3

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 1:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Between styles...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    “Mind Body and Kick Ass Moves” was a pretty mixed show.

Some of it seemed to be promoting Bullshido, some of it debunking Bullshido, some of it was plain weird and some of it pretty sweet.

As already noted, it was definitely biased towards Chinese arts which was a shame, although I think that Crudelli has a new series on BBC3 which may address this.

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 1:39pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by P A Smith
    The annoying thing is that there are so many interesting people in MA that this series could have been good. It showed Crudelli's definate bias towards Chinese martial arts and all things chi like rather than reflecting what MA is all about today. As mentioned the Filipino stuff was very interesting but sandwiched between somone pulling a truck with his cock (although he probably had a rope underneath his loin cloth) and a man shouting at a bell. Sad really.
    I actually quite liked Leung Ting. I'm no fan of The Chun (or The Tsun) but he came across better than I expected and debunked some chi tricks in the process.

Even with arts where the esoteric elements have virtually no focus, the host spent extremely large amounts of time on what whacky mystic **** he could find.
    The FMA episode, frex, spent a large period of time focusing on Gaje's religious beliefs(with the wards and such).........which he doesn't teach as part of the style, and to which he doesn't ask any of his students to accept. As opposed to say, dealing with teaching methods or any of the stuff that one associates with art. A third of the pekiti tirsia segment pretty much boiled down to "old man is superstitious, and likes to poison ****"

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The spiders used in making poison blades was cool, though watching Leo Gaje grab them and throw them in the fire was a little unnerving...

Master Tu pulling trucks with his junk is downright impressive.

Would love to see anyone who thinks its bs to pony up and pull a truck with their junk.

I bet money there would be no one who could duplicate that one.

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 2:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    Master Tu pulling trucks with his junk is downright impressive.

Would love to see anyone who thinks its bs to pony up and pull a truck with their junk.
    Hell yeah!

I'm totally down for Iron groin. Forget Fighting, I wanna learn that ****!

Talk about the ultimate party trick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 3:27pm

Style: shootwrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the chop stick throwing was cool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 3:37pm

Style: aikido, taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The very first demo, the pushing, in the first video was silly. He says " ..the combined force.."

Does he really believe that forces just add up like that???? Think about something absurd, like adding 500 people. Would anyone believe that he is resisting the combined force of 500 people?

He's really only resisting the push of the first person and maybe the second person, and typically the first person doesn't push hard, and their arms are pushed up by the resister.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast