Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Me vs Dan Camarillo in the finals of the US Open.

The year previously Camarillo went against Genki Sudo at the US Open and THREW genki with Osoto and immediately went into an armlock as Genki hit the ground and tapped Genki.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent clip. I've been told that when doing osoto to pull uke's right arm while grabbing his left right elbow with my right hand towards my left elbow (as if doing a crable cross over) just prior to me "fitting in"/making contact on his chest/kick.

He instead pulls uke's right arm around his torso a bit down the horizontal line, in a circular motion while kicking and making contact with his chest... I'm gonna try that tonight. It seems a more natural movement than the former. :viking:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 3:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was really excellent, thnks!!

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Me vs Dan Camarillo in the finals of the US Open.

The year previously Camarillo went against Genki Sudo at the US Open and THREW genki with Osoto and immediately went into an armlock as Genki hit the ground and tapped Genki.
    He's got some matches of himself from the 1996 US Open on his website, when was this?

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1998 is when he beat genki I believe. I fought him in '99.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 10:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah. I forgot he was a blue belt for about a decade.

F'ing Halph.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 12:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    Excellent clip. I've been told that when doing osoto to pull uke's right arm while grabbing his left right elbow with my right hand towards my left elbow (as if doing a crable cross over) just prior to me "fitting in"/making contact on his chest/kick.

He instead pulls uke's right arm around his torso a bit down the horizontal line, in a circular motion while kicking and making contact with his chest... I'm gonna try that tonight. It seems a more natural movement than the former. :viking:
    I was taught to set up osoto with a cross lapel grab (almost cross facing the guy), drive my elbow up under the chin while pulling at a downward angle from my grab at the uke's elbow. However, doing this angled osoto takes your body a little bit out of it.

I agree that contacting the uke's upper body with yours during entry looks to flow a bit better and guards better against a cluster **** struggle to defend your back if your entry is not crisp with the cross collar grab.

I'm gonna try this as well. Great clip.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12