Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 7:19am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and mundine, the ****** he is, enters with some lame rap song. fucking weaksauce.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 7:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first couple of rounds- mundine on the backfoot but evading well. green uses his jabs well though, winning fight atm

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 7:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    about halfway through and unfortunately it looks like danny green is just one step behind every exchange. mundine is exceptionally fast and has quite an awkward style

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 7:50am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO!!!!! green must win

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 8:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its not looking good for green :/

i have to say thatwin or lose for mundine my estimation of him as a fighter has gone up a lot. i still think hes a **** though.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 8:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mundine on points- excellent fight. he did -everything- right in this fight.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    danny green enters with men at works "land down under"

hes already won. even if he died in the ring tonight (knock on wood) he wins for using that as his intro. fucking awesome.
    in my book he loses points for having that song. mundine's choice was much worse though.

yeah, mundine won as i thought he would. i hate to see a fight like this go to a decision. i wanted a knockout or at least stronger domination from one side.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 9:58am

Style: _詠_春

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't going for anybody in that fight, but they looked completely different style wise. Green was very conservative and Mundine was a slippery ***** picking him off. He landed countless whacks on Green and they mostly did ****-all.

They were both wankers to be honest; Mundine not being able to make up his mind whether he was Ali or Tupac and Green dressing in fucking cammo.

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 6:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heres a wrap for thoseb who care. Danny needed to throw his size around more and not let mundine jab like he but I'm biased check it out peeps.

Anthony Mundine should have finally silenced the critics with his comprehensive points win over Danny Green at Aussie Stadium last night but the only thing for certain is that there will be calls for a re-match.

After all of the hype and controversy over the Mundine-Green showdown, the fight lived up to everybody's wildest expectations and left the large Aussie Stadium crowd wanting more.

A second fight is now almost certain after Mundine was awarded a unanimous decision from Australian judge Derek Milham (118-112), Korea's Michael Lee (116-113) and Thailand's Pirit Prayadsah (118-111).

Both fighters tried to assert their dominance from the outset, with Green making the first contact with a body blow but Mundine proved an evasive target and finished the opening three minute round stronger.

Mundine found his way through Green's defences with one punch in the first round and referee Terry O'Conner had to separate the pair on a number of occasions as they got in clinches.

Green came out aggressively in the third round but Mundine fought fire with fire. After Green was cautioned for a low blow, the pair slapped hands to indicate there was no ill feeling but there was no love lost between them either.

Mundine danced in Green's face, taunting him as the Perth based fighter continued to target his opponent's body.

In contrast, Mundine appeared to focused on Green's head and in the fourth round the former Olympic boxer began bleeding from his nose.

Mundine rocked Green at the start of the fifth and twice more found his nose with sharp left jabs before the round was over, causing the trickle of blood to get heavier.

The sixth and seventh rounds went largely the same way as Mundine continued to pound away at his tiring opponent.

Green's corner were more confident after the eighth round but every punch Mundine took he seemed to return with interest, landing a number of powerful combinations.

Green was again cautioned for two consecutive low blows in the ninth round, while a clean blow from Mundine in the 10th round did not count as he caught his rival on the chin during a slippage.

Mundine landed on his back in the 11th round after slipping on the greasy surface and Green stepped up a gear in a last desper-ate bid to save the fight, splitting the Man's lip.

There was speculation that if Mundine lost South Sydney offic-ials would contact him today about playing out the remainder of the season for the club and a Rab-bitohs insider last told The Age the move would have the support of new owners Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes a Court.

Mundine spent a week before the fight in a secret training camp at Crowe's Coffs Harbour property and the Oscar winner last Thurs-day called him in to address the Rabbitohs players before their match against Penrith.

However, the prospect of a return tot he NRL is unlikely as Mundine is now guaranteed another shot at regaining his WBA super middleweight belt from Denmark's Mikkel Kessler.

ROUND BY ROUND
    ROUND 1 Green is the more aggressive and controls the tempo, despite a good late right hand from Mundine.

ROUND 2 Mundine picks up his work rate, with his left hand jab starting to find its mark.

ROUND 3 Green unleashes several low blows, but they fail to slow Mundine. "Man" Mundine throws fewer punches but more of them are landing.

ROUND 4 Green concentrates on Mundineís body, although neither fighter is able to land a telling blow.

ROUND 5 With 29 seconds left in the round,Mundine tags Green with a stinging right hand, the best punch of the bout so far.

ROUND 6 Green walks into a heavy right late in the round asMundine asserts his authority.

ROUND 7 Mundineís evasive skills again frustrate Green. A stinging uppercut with oneminute and 39 seconds left in the round rocks the West Australian.

ROUND 8 Green continues to walk forward, but cannotmatchMundineís accuracy.

ROUND 9 Mundine is dominating, with Green slower after wearing a barrage of blows.

ROUND 10 Green loses his footing and takes offence when he is hit while off balance with 52 seconds left. Still unable to penetrateMundineís defence.

ROUND 11 Mundine hurts a tiring Green, whose legs buckle under a barrage of blows.

ROUND 12 Green, who has been dominated for all but the first round, desperately needs a knockout. But Mundine remains untagged while rocking his overmatched opponent with heavy blows.

WHAT THEY SAID
    ANTHONY MUNDINE
    On the crowd
    "Itís been amazing. Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting boxing,man."
    On Danny Green
    "He put up a good performance, he came ready, he came prepared. Heís a great fighter, heíll bounce back. Good stuff, Dan."
    On next opponent, super-middleweight titleholder Mikkel Kessler
    "Heís the best out there at the moment, I showed last time that I could match it with him, but Iíve improved since, Iím ready."

DANNY GREEN
    On the crowd
    "Itís difficult to lose in front of these people. Iím holding back tears."
    On Anthony Mundine
    "A lotís been said in the past but he fought a better fight tonight, he beatme fair and square. He showed great skill, great speed. Heís hard to tag. It was a difficult fight. Some nights you fire, some you donít. But Iíll be back."
    "Pussyhole"

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 7:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still in shock.

I was hoping Mundine would be silenced once and for all.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast