--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

need good sparring boots - Ringstar anyone?

I have an ankle injury that's mostly healed but still bothers me when I hit my heel on my partner's knee/elbow etc. I have crappy el cheapo Title sparring boots that would normally do the job but I think I need something that fits snugger and has more padding around the back of the foot. I don't mind spending some money if it allows me to spar more. I read up on the Ringstar sparring shoes but they seem like they'd get your partner pissed at you really fast. Their "boxing gloves for your feet" foot pads look interesting though. Has anyone tried or heard about them or does anyone know of something similar that might be close to what I'm looking for? Again, I don't mind spending a few bucks.

Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boots? Stop training wherever you are and go train somewhere that uses shin/instep pads.

And seriously how often and hard are you hitting people with your heel that this could possibly be an issue?

3rd edit: Crap just noticed this is Newbietown not Basics forum. Trollshido me if you need to.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry forgot to mention we use shin/instep pads too. It doesn't take that hard of a hit on my part to make my ankle hurt when my heel comes down on my partner's blocking knee for example. We wear the boots in addition to the shin/instep pads.

Style
    Boxing.MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wa? wat do you actually train?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If contact that indirect hurts your ankle joint you probably need to take some time off and see a doctor if it isn't better in a week. If it hurts the back of your heel or sort of on the surface of the bone its likely just a deep bruise. They can really hurt but aren't typically a real problem. Ice, NSAIDs and rest or a plan to work around it in practice are all you need.