Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 9:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    On a person note, KhorneliusPraxx’s avatar is the coolest avatar ever!
    I changed it already...so people don't think you are crazy...he was refering to this...
    Attached Images  
  2. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 9:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What the hell?!

Quote Originally Posted by originally a KhorneliusPraxx post that was altered by "The Powers That Be"
    Note to self:
    Stop making dumb posts!!
    Someone else actually post that they are uncomfortable...sexually...watch a kids Judo class. That is disturbing and yet "the powers that be" find it neccesary to alter my post as if I am the bad guy here. Again, I am amazed by some peoples beliefs of what is important and what isn't.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    I changed it already...so people don't think you are crazy...he was refering to this...
    Still, the new Earth-cat vs Moon-mousey is pretty cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    Pretty good video but the shot of the girl yawning needs to go. In addition, most of the action is just you and that other guy, more shots of other members sparing would be nice. Also some videos of you guys at tournaments would be cool.
    Most likely clips like that are on the way.

With the advent of services like video.google and youtube, dojos can have a good, affordable way to showcase their students.

Neko, are you a photographer/cinematographer? The old-fashioned look and music selections were nifty and ingenous. As Tourettes said, thank God you didn't select the crap-metal that's is so overdone in MMA :XXpuke:

Have you considered doing a photoblog as well for the dojo? Just some food for thought ;)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, I'm not a photographer/cinematographer, however I like taking pictures and video, and obviously making videos for friends and family, I'm definitively making more videos specifically for the club in the near future, and I like the idea of the photoblog, but it takes time from practice so probably I won't be making anything serious until next time I get injure : ) and don't worry, there won't be any crap metal on the mix.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    Someone else actually post that they are uncomfortable...sexually...watch a kids Judo class. That is disturbing and yet "the powers that be" find it neccesary to alter my post as if I am the bad guy here. Again, I am amazed by some peoples beliefs of what is important and what isn't.
    sorry to break it to you but being sexually aroused by a kids judo class does kinda make you a bad person

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 4:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pretty cool Neko. The only suggestion I would have would be to get rid of a few of the stills and put a few more throws in there. The two drop sieo nages (sp?) were cool but they were only like two 2 second clips, a little set up footage for 'em would be good.

I like the sepia/classic look of it.
  7. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 7:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    sorry to break it to you but being sexually aroused by a kids judo class does kinda make you a bad person
    I think we can all agree there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 4:43pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    :pity:

You one of those judo refs that just wants his mat bracket over so you can eat lunch?

We're at LEAST half and half where I train

We are about 50/50 at my club too. However, there are still several reasons I think there should be more throws in the video:

1. Throws are entertaining. I would personally rather watch a solid uchi mata than a perfectly executed kesa gatame.

2. Most places train Olympic Judo. This would mean there is an emphasis on throwing in most dojos.

3. The groundwork was not particularly impressive, but some of the throws were very nice.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123