Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 2:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvetch
    Nicely made vid that gave me a chuckle but I was a little uneasy watching loving pans of prepubescent girls. I shouldn't be looking at that stuff.
    Note to self:
    Stop making dumb posts!!
    Last edited by Aesopian; 5/15/2006 2:46pm at .

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 3:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    Neko687, any chance you are coming to the MegaThrowdown this year (May 27 in Kansas City)?
    I won't be able to attend to The Megathrowdown this year due to poor decision making, I'm gonna try to make plans to go to the next one.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 3:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    Thanx for the Brian Setzer...that was the 'pick-me-up' that I needed on this terribly horrible day in Praxxland.

around the 2:30 mark you used a pic of a girl that appears to be yawning...I'm sure she will be displeased with you.
    You welcome, and yes, I'm pretty sure she will be displease LOL I didn't really notice that picture, I'll make sure to send her the link.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 5:07pm

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you gotten releases from the students, instructors and/or their legal guardians? Very strongly suggest it, especially where kids are concerned.

I thought it was nicely put together, though two minutes would probably have sufficed (for me).

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 5:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by billy sol hurok
    Have you gotten releases from the students, instructors and/or their legal guardians? Very strongly suggest it, especially where kids are concerned.

I thought it was nicely put together, though two minutes would probably have sufficed (for me).
    I do have release from most if not all of the persons who appear on the video, however this was only a test to send a friend who left the club, but I also wanted to get some feedback to see what could I improve on it since I really like to upload it on our website.

thanks for all the sugestions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 7:50pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only critique I have is that there are too few throws in the video. The video seems to focus too much on rolling. That can be misleading to people coming into Judo.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 8:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that depends entirely on the club, not everyone just plays stupid olympic judo "throw and forget" rules

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 8:31pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mick_
    The only critique I have is that there are too few throws in the video. The video seems to focus too much on rolling. That can be misleading to people coming into Judo.
    :pity:

You one of those judo refs that just wants his mat bracket over so you can eat lunch?

We're at LEAST half and half where I train
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 9:29pm

supporting memberhall of fame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty good video but the shot of the girl yawning needs to go. In addition, most of the action is just you and that other guy, more shots of other members sparing would be nice. Also some videos of you guys at tournaments would be cool.

On a person note, KhorneliusPraxx’s avatar is the coolest avatar ever!
    Last edited by Olorin; 5/15/2006 9:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 12:34am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for music other than the crap new-metal angsty bullshit most people throw on MMA highlight reels, but the effect is just too quaint. The Ken Burns pans take too long and the aged film effect is terrible. You also need to check + correct levels. some nice shots here and there but many seem sped up.

Keep at it. This can be half as long and still say everything you want it to say.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast