Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 7:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    So you're saying 70 people died from steroid usage over the course of seven years. According to the NOAA Technical Memorandum NWS SR-193, 90 people are killed every year in the U.S. by lightning. So... more people die from lightning EACH year than they would if steroid usage actually killed people.

Lightning is a Schedule IIB controlled substance.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 7:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you're saying 70 people died from steroid usage over the course of seven years. According to the NOAA Technical Memorandum NWS SR-193, 90 people are killed every year in the U.S. by lightning. So... more people die from lightning EACH year than they would if steroid usage actually killed people.
    You're forgetting sample size in this equation Chief. Every person in the US is someone living in the US, hence they all have an equal chance of being struck by lightning. Not everyone in the US is a Pro-wrestler who uses steroids, as such, the sample size is smaller, as such the percentage of those in the sample size who died of steroids is much much greater than the percentage of those in the US who died of being struck by lightning.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    You're forgetting sample size in this equation Chief. Every person in the US is someone living in the US, hence they all have an equal chance of being struck by lightning. Not everyone in the US is a Pro-wrestler who uses steroids, as such, the sample size is smaller, as such the percentage of those in the sample size who died of steroids is much much greater than the percentage of those in the US who died of being struck by lightning.
    Apparently you missed:

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Household Survey on Drug Abuse reports that 1,084,000 adult Americans have reported using steroids...
    So between the amount of Pro Wrestlers, Bodybuilders, etc. There's still a higher chance of dying from a lightning strike than that of steroid usage which still has yet to kill anyone.

Embarassing aspiring thugs since 1991

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Cnagy i see we use the same analogy.You can take 100 anadrol 50 tabs arguably the most potent oral steroid and you might get a nice set of bitch tits and an upset stomach however if you sit down and swallow 100 aspirin well you just pretty much sealed your fate.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 8:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently you missed:

So between the amount of Pro Wrestlers, Bodybuilders, etc. There's still a higher chance of dying from a lightning strike than that of steroid usage which still has yet to kill anyone.
    Umm...dude, that number is still way less than the total population of the US (Somewhere in the 250 millions). The lightning thing was a bad analogy.

Here's my only issue of supplementation ethics.

No matter what your stance on steroid use, it's currently illegal in the US. Ronnie Coleman is an ex-cop. For years, his job was to keep drugs off the street. Now, he's a user. Sorry, but that **** pisses me off.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy
    You are completely out of your mind if you think comparing bleach and cyanide to steroids is a meaningful comparison. Now, I'm not a chemist, but there is a little something called the threshold dosage. It's the amount of something that is necessary to observe an effect, whether that effect is positive or negative. So no, little dosages over time do not do significant harm because you body metabolizes it.

By your logic, aspirin should not be used, because taking a whole bottle of it will have very harmful effects. Nevermind that a small dose of aspirin every day lowers the risk of heart attack. As I said before, your logic rules out pretty much every medicine of every type available, because anything in high enough quantity is lethal.
    I'm simply using it as a fact that just because something won't kill you doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have side effects. A lot of medicinal drugs have side effects, but the pros far outweigh the cons. Shortening your lifespan for the sake of vanity is a silly idea.

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 11:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Okay, for starters, these guys never died from steroid use, they died from Athersclerosis and general CVD. Saying the died from steroid usage is like blaming McDonald's for overweight people's deaths.

CVD claimed 958,775 lives in the United States in 1999. This is 40.1 percent of all deaths.

http://www.hearttechnology.com/AHA.htm

So did all 958,775 people die because of steroid usage? Or even half? Or a quarter, tenth?
    Check your data. "Almost 150,000 Americans killed by CVD each year are under age 65." All of the guys from above who croaked were under age 65. According to the Surgeon General, more than 60% of the US doesn't exercise at all. That makes 40% of 150,000 or 60,000 total. Not all of them lift weights, but even if you consider all of them that do, that means 1 out of almost every 860 people die from coronary problems due to steroids. In actuality, I bet the number is even higher as not every single one of those people are in fact lifting weights. Even if 70% were lifting, that's still 42,000 weightlifters who died due to heart problems. Toss in the 70 who died via steroids and you get 1 out of every 600. The reality is it's probably much higher risks than that.

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 11:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to use this data, too:

"Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Household Survey on Drug Abuse reports that 1,084,000 adult Americans have reported using steroids..."

That still means 1 out of about every 1550 people who use steroids kick the bucket from heart problems.

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 11:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    No matter what your stance on steroid use, it's currently illegal in the US. Ronnie Coleman is an ex-cop. For years, his job was to keep drugs off the street. Now, he's a user. Sorry, but that **** pisses me off.
    That's basically why he was forced into retirement. They couldn't have him arresting people for drugs when he's so juiced up he looks like a tick about to pop.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 11:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    If you want to use this data, too:

"Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Household Survey on Drug Abuse reports that 1,084,000 adult Americans have reported using steroids..."

That still means 1 out of about every 1550 people who use steroids kick the bucket from heart problems.
    Odds of being struck by lightning:
    • in a given year (reported deaths + injuries) 1 in 700,000
    • in a given year (estimated deaths + injuries) 1 in 240,000
    • in a lifetime (approximately 80 years) 1 in 3,000

(source: National Weather Service)
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast