5/16/2006 11:24am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sad And Dumb Way To Die.

Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Good article: http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...82&postcount=1

And being a big T-nation reader, AM, you should know about the Dead Pool.

As far as nobody dying from steroids, might want to look into Eddie Guerrero dying at age 38 from heart disease that included a hardening and narrowing of the arteries, enlarged organs, and a number of other problems. Not to mention the 65 other pro wrestlers who died between 1997-2004 who were under 45, 25 of which were from coronary problems.

Others who died from heart problems from steroid use:

Charles Durr. Died at 45 due to coronary problems.

Don Youngblood. Died at 51 due to a heart attack.

Paul "Quadzilla" DeMayo. Died at 37 due to a drug overdose.

Anthony Clark. Died at 38 from a heart attack.
    Or Andreas Munzer. Died at 31 of lasix overdose, liver failure and some other orgain failure **** - the nitty gritty details of his death can be found in the internet (this one is a good summary)

Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was always under the impression that the amount of stuff you need to maximize strength and minimize recovery was far less than the amounts needed to maintain freakish size and ultra-low body fat?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 3:41pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    There has been a test available for about 2 years for HGH. I understand it is already in use by the International Olympic Committee.
    Yes, and it is able to detect it up to a whole 36 hours after it has been administered. If you continue to pump yourself up for the Olympics right down to the last day knowing that they can catch you within 36 hours of your last dose, you deserve to test positive.

Edit: Alright, I should read more. I've read about claims for a blood test that will catch it up to 84 days, but it wasn't confirmed in the article. Can you confirm this?
    Last edited by CNagy; 5/16/2006 3:50pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 3:46pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was always under the impression that the amount of stuff you need to maximize strength and minimize recovery was far less than the amounts needed to maintain freakish size and ultra-low body fat?
    If I took supplementation, I could say from experience that I've neither seen nor experienced side effects by keeping cycles down to 3-4 weeks. I would also say, if I took supplementation, that I would still take an anti-estrogen. If I did this sort of thing, I would have to note that the gains (while not as significant as a 10 week cycle) are better than compared to exercise without supplementation. I would say that it is much safer, though slower, but still much quicker than doing so naturally. I would also recommend 8-10 weeks off after completing a cycle, but if I supplemented, I would err on the side of caution.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 4:04pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as nobody dying from steroids, might want to look into Eddie Guerrero dying at age 38 from heart disease that included a hardening and narrowing of the arteries, enlarged organs, and a number of other problems. Not to mention the 65 other pro wrestlers who died between 1997-2004 who were under 45, 25 of which were from coronary problems.
    Eddie was also addicted to pain killers, alcohol and probably various other things. He was released from the WWE because of his drug abuse at one point. I don't think you can blame his death soley on steroids.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    Or Andreas Munzer. Died at 31 of lasix overdose, liver failure and some other orgain failure **** - the nitty gritty details of his death can be found in the internet (this one is a good summary)

That guy looks like beef jerky.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 5:35pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good article: http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...82&postcount=1

And being a big T-nation reader, AM, you should know about the Dead Pool.

Others who died from heart problems from steroid use:

Charles Durr. Died at 45 due to coronary problems.

Don Youngblood. Died at 51 due to a heart attack.

Paul "Quadzilla" DeMayo. Died at 37 due to a drug overdose.

Anthony Clark. Died at 38 from a heart attack.
    http://www.benchpresschampion.com/PH.../Anthony10.jpg

Man I had no idea that Anthony Clark and Quadzilla were both dead.

But to be objective, the amount of drugs that a typical IFBB pro takes would dwarf what anybody on this board would ever dream of using.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 10:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll get to my rebuttal tommorow, it's been a long day of shooting.

Embarassing aspiring thugs since 1991

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 10:29pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i missed alot over the weekend. Allow me to throw my opinion in. First off using bodybuilders as an example of steroids killing people off well let me tell you a little something about these guys. Steroids are probably the least toxic substance going into their bodies if you get my drift. These guys live fast and hard. Better to burn out than fade away is their mantra.

As for the ethics. **** ethics. Its all relative. As far as professional athletes go i want to see freaks of nature. I want to see 360 pound lineman running the 40 in 4 seconds .I want to see Barry Bonds knock the living **** out of the ball. Now i do think its a bitch move to deny it and lie. Jason Giambi was the man came forward owned up.

The only question of ethics i have is why are there no athletes under indictment after they test positive .Why arent search warrants being issued?I know i know money. To make an accusation against Bonds and then "tarnish" his reputation if nothing was found would result in huge lawsuits.

This angers me because there are alot of brothers out there incarcerated for steroids.For steroids while the heroin addicts wander around like night of the living dead and crack addicts beat old ladies in the head for cash to buy there next fix our beloved goverment dumps money into catching these "dangerous" amateur bodybuilders and athletes. Get the **** out of here. Makes me want to go join the militia.Christ im kidding dont go alerting my probation officier or anything.Love my country hate my goverment.

Embarassing aspiring thugs since 1991

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 10:35pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe it was equipoise who said alot of the damage that comes from the use of performance enhancers is due to improper use. Your post cycle therapy is equally as important as your cycle itself. Knowing when to cycle off and how long a cycle should last also is important.

If the medical community will let a fucking dude cut of his dick and have fake tits attached or allow an 11 or 12 year old girl to take birth control (which are hormones by the way )then why is it unethical to prescribe performance enhancers to adults for cosmetic reasons.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast