Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 8:01pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not about being equal. If everything were equal, chance would determine the best. Fairness when it comes to games lays soley in the rules of the game itself, such that each competitor abides by the same measures of ability. In football, for example, this means a field that is generally the same on both halves, two full teams, and the same rules abided by each.

Supplements are merely one aspect, and the importance of it can vary. An extremely gifted player with a bad trainer could arguably perform worse than an average player with a great trainer. There are alot of factors that lead people to be unequal, supplementation just seems to be the easiest one to single out and test for.

Edit: By my reasoning, different weight classes (when they exist) are completely different competitions. If you won a tournament in the heavyweight division, did you not place first at the tournament? Those other guys that placed first did so in different events. Sometimes, in the interest of having a competition despite few participants, weight classes will be merged. Doesn't seem to have fairness in mind.
    Last edited by CNagy; 5/14/2006 8:03pm at .

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 8:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy
    It's not about being equal. If everything were equal, chance would determine the best. Fairness when it comes to games lays soley in the rules of the game itself, such that each competitor abides by the same measures of ability. In football, for example, this means a field that is generally the same on both halves, two full teams, and the same rules abided by each.
    And what it rules prohibited supplements? Then it's about who's best "given certain circumstances", after all.

I mean, what if I walked into the ring for a boxing match with a magnum?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 8:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never heard of the rules of any game forbidding supplements; I've heard of the organizations that run said games laying a ban on it.

The analogy of boxing with a magnum is too ridiculous to reply to, so I shall simply be amused by assuming you meant a large condom. In which case, you would not be using regulation gloves.

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 8:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never heard of the rules of any game forbidding supplements; I've heard of the organizations that run said games laying a ban on it.
    The organizations have a say in the rules. sometimes they even change them, so it is not so easy to draw a line between what are the "proper" rules of a game and what are the "regulations" impossed by said organizations.

The analogy of boxing with a magnum is too ridiculous to reply to, so I shall simply be amused by assuming you meant a large condom. In which case, you would not be using regulation gloves.
    Of course I only use large condoms!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 9:29am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pro sports is entertainment. Juicing should be encouraged....no...REQUIRED. Everyone likes fights, long balls, heinous injuries, and early deaths.

When I'm an old decrepit bastard, I will certainly give the nod to the juice to regain my strength and mobility.

Having said that...

Rookie, hot-head, ****-stick wanna-be SWAT fuckers like Equipoise here...? He should really work on his VERBAL dead-lift. It benefits everyone much more than crossing one's arms menacingly...most of the time.

Why? Because I said so.

:O)

:OP
    Last edited by Nid; 5/15/2006 9:34am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never understood the whole baseball steroid issue. The majority of those guys that have been criticized for roids look like **** - their physiques aren't anything unachievable without roids. So how do they have some magical advantage?

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to bring up that point that these supplements are legal practically everywhere but here (USA,) the fact that taking them doesn't mean you don't have to work hard (you simply get to work as hard as someone else while getting better gains,) and that serious side-effects (just as with OTC drugs) come predominantly with overdosage.
    I think France still has a ban on creatine. They're not legal everywhere.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kein Haar
    Pro sports is entertainment. Juicing should be encouraged....no...REQUIRED. Everyone likes fights, long balls, heinous injuries, and early deaths.

When I'm an old decrepit bastard, I will certainly give the nod to the juice to regain my strength and mobility.

Having said that...

Rookie, hot-head, ****-stick wanna-be SWAT fuckers like Equipoise here...? He should really work on his VERBAL dead-lift. It benefits everyone much more than crossing one's arms menacingly...most of the time.

Why? Because I said so.

Some adverts NSFW

The All Drug Olympics
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kein Haar

Having said that...

Why? Because I said so.

Now how'd you know I wanted to do SWAT? =-) I guess you're well suited in your corporal/detective position. What in the **** is verbal deadlift anyway? If you're going to try and break my balls you should at least do it with comments that make sense you old, donut munching, wanna-be sargeant smegma. Don't be mad that I can outshoot you, blind folded.

Anyway, supplementation, basic, hormonal or AAS based doesn't instantly give someone awesome strength and huge muscles, etc. The hardwork is still necessary to make gains. Along with that, how can one say that it's cheating. That makes no sense at all. So if someone has a new training method and they consequently can get much stronger, larger and faster than others by using it, are they cheating? Where does the line with someone like No2 and Winstrol, etc. start? The side effect argument makes little sense as it's irrelevant. Many persons don't show side effects with regulated doseages of AAS. Side effects are predominately a side effect of improper cycles, pct and overdosing due to stupidity. Let's not forget there has NEVER been a case of someone dying from steroid usage. Side effects can also be garnered from legal supplements as well. Creatine can and does turn into Creatinine. Ketosis of the kidneys happens unless proper amounts of water are taken with things such as No2 or Creatine. High doesages of protein also cause ketosis, kidney stones, lethargy etc.

We can use the U.S. military forces as a comparison versus the Iraqi forces during Desert Storm. We used gunships to take out their tanks, etc. The Iraqi's said this was unfair because we didn't fight on the ground. What made it unfair? Our advanced technology? So by this reasoning should we not use advanced medications to make people well or what about using technologically superior equipment in any competition? It's a load of hypocritical bullshit to say it's not fair. It's also a bunch of whining. Anyone who says steroids aren't safe, are A. not knowledgeable in the field and B. not realizing the lifting huge and heavy pieces of metal or slamming into people at full sprints isn't exactly safe either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 8:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    I think France still has a ban on creatine. They're not legal everywhere.
    Yeah, I wasn't completely sure about that, so I decided to tack on the word practically to cover my ass.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast