Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 12:03am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair though, as an ADF member you're far more likely to be deployed into a disaster area than a combat zone.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 6:26am

supporting member
     Style: Kudo / Kyokushin / FFS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a current serving ADF member and have been since 1977.

I am not broken, half crippled or anything else except older since the day I joined with injuries more from the MA's that I participate in a than anything the ADF has put my way.

We do not just deploy to help out in disaster relief we are serving beside the coalition in Iraq, Afghanistan and in other numerous places around the world.

DO NOT lie, if and when you join about any condition you have before joining. It is better to be turned down because of something (though how you describe your condition it doesn't sound like you'll have to much of a problem) than to try and tell people that you were discharged for lying on your enlistment papers.

:happy7:
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

This forum is getting downright retarded.
    - Osiris

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 6:41am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll second that part about not lying, especially if there is any sort of security check or security package that you have to get through.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoratioHooah
    In my opinion, Pat Tilman's death, while certainly very tragic, was not any more tragic or newsworthy than the death of, say, SPC Harley Miller. As I am short on time right now, I will return later to give more details.
    I was just using it as a well-known example of someone sacrificing a lot for what he believed in. Also, if you knew him at all, there's a site called Iraq War Heroes honoring everyone who has died in Iraq.

http://www.iraqwarheroes.com/millerh.htm

It's a sobering thing when you see guys you haven't thought of in years up on a memorial page as being KIA.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/17/2006 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoratioHooah
    So that's why it bothers me that the media latched onto Pat Tillman. There are so many others who've given up just as much. It may not have been monetary, but they were things equally valuable. Yes, Pat Tillman is a hero. But so is Harley Miller.

And, aside from the rant, I consider "patriotism" to be a different reason than "I wanted it since I was a kid for reasons I'm not going to tell you so you just have to believe me, so stop making fun of me."
    That's what you get though when you get someone the media knows well as compared to an exceptional yet "ordinary" man.

OK, I see where you're coming from then. No worries.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123