Posted On:
    5/13/2006 11:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: whatever works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pros and cons of martial art seminars/camps

To all,

Many of us have attended Martial Art seminars/camps and I'd like some feedback on the pros and cons from experiences at such events. I'd like to keep this thread in a positive manner with constructive advice for those hosting and/or planning on hosting events.
    I've been hosting numerous seminars/camps the past 16 years and always looking for info/advice and feedback to better the experience for all.

Bill Shovan

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 12:21am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *rant:

Here's a con, you get the fucking seminar jumpers. You know I've taught my share of seminars, usually 2 to 3 a year no biggy. Once in awhile you meet these fake fucks that claim they trained under so and so, and I know so and so and it's all crap. I take a seminar and I've gotten certificates and with all do respect to those who give the certificates I throw them away. I don't a fucking ceritificate it doesn't mean ****. But no you have those fucks who put it on the wall for all to see as if they mean something. Don't mean ****.

I know you asked to keep this positive but this is bullshido you get bullshido rhetoric sorry to rain on the newbie parade here.

My question to you is where do you stand on all this bullshit. You host dozens of seminars now how do you lay claim. Do you say you have them or you actually trained under a person.......

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 12:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No certificates. Give a reciept saying what the cost of the seminar was and the name of the person attending.

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 12:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    No certificates. Give a reciept saying what the cost of the seminar was and the name of the person attending.
    For tax deduction?

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 1:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: whatever works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

pros and cons

Love the replies,

I want to change this to all the " BS " associated with camps/seminars all have experienced. I've experienced my share of BS amongst many of my camps. I've sat back and watched how many are only out for their own personal gains, taken advantage of those I run camps for. That's allright though, as many attendees do get much from these camps.
    Overall, I can truthfully say that my seminars/camps are very successful for all.

Bill Shovan

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 1:37am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bshovan
    Love the replies,

I want to change this to all the " BS " associated with camps/seminars all have experienced. I've experienced my share of BS amongst many of my camps. I've sat back and watched how many are only out for their own personal gains, taken advantage of those I run camps for. That's allright though, as many attendees do get much from these camps.
    Overall, I can truthfully say that my seminars/camps are very successful for all.

Bill Shovan
    That sucks.

successeful for all or you?
    Last edited by Steve; 5/14/2006 1:44am at .

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 1:54pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pro: working out with people who aren't your usual training partners.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 2:09pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfe
    That sucks.

successeful for all or you?
    That's a bit unfair. I rarely participate in any seminar I host. I find it conflicts with the flow of the seminar. I've rarely had any host actually participate in my seminars either. It seems to be the general concensus.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    That's a bit unfair. I rarely participate in any seminar I host. I find it conflicts with the flow of the seminar. I've rarely had any host actually participate in my seminars either. It seems to be the general concensus.
    Point taken.

My view point comes from that the only seminars that I have been to were activily run by the host.

I've sat back and watched how many are only out for their own personal gains, taken advantage of those I run camps for
    It might just be me but I don't like the idea of seeing someone being taken advantage and just sitting back/not doing anything about it. Esp if I was running the seminar.

I guess I got sorta confussed by this:

I want to change this to all the " BS " associated with camps/seminars all have experienced.
    Then ending the post with this: