Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 1:46pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamma
    In the "crack of your ass" with the muzzle pointed at your balls and the trigger gaurd next to the ring. If you sit, fart, or bend over it will go off.
    One false move, and I'll sever my own penis!! :toothy10:

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 2:24pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best place to keep a gun???

Mixed in with your childs toy guns.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You laugh, but ABC did that once. They were going to prove that it's dangerous to have guns in your house, so they put a toy chest in a room full of kids playing with toys. They told the kids they couldn't touch the chest. Then they left the room and videotaped the results.

Of course, the kids instantly went for the box, which was full of toys plus one real gun. The little boys played with the gun.

Voila! Conclusive proof that it is unsafe to store a firearm in your home (unless you take the extraordinary and onerous step of not placing the gun in a chest full of toys in your child's play room.

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 10:05am

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    You laugh, but ABC did that once. They were going to prove that it's dangerous to have guns in your house, so they put a toy chest in a room full of kids playing with toys. They told the kids they couldn't touch the chest. Then they left the room and videotaped the results.

Of course, the kids instantly went for the box, which was full of toys plus one real gun. The little boys played with the gun.

Voila! Conclusive proof that it is unsafe to store a firearm in your home (unless you take the extraordinary and onerous step of not placing the gun in a chest full of toys in your child's play room.
    You should only store broken glass, and razor sharp rusty tools in a toy box.

Guns should be kept in your childs school back pack.
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 6:19pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if you get the gun dismanteled or in a safe or whatever, you might find yourself needing it quickly and not having the time/mobility to get to the gun, but if you have it easely accessible acording to murphy's law you risk someone will eventually get hurt.

I dont know nothing of guns but the fact your suposed to press the triger with the barrel pointed to something/someone you don't want to be there right now and the problem will magically go away, but is there any way to keep like one little part of the gun with you? That way the gun doesnt fire so its safe to have it easely accessible and if you need it you just put that little thing in and voi'la you make that guy regreat calling you an asshole.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 9:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uhhh. . . . yeah.

If you're going to carry something, you could just carry the gun. Failing that, you could carry the magazine or speedloader so the gun is unloaded until you need it. With some trigger locks you could carry the key, and now many guns come from the factory with keyed locks built in. (I hate them, but they're out there.)

There are even some "smart gun" concepts on the market. There's a system out there that uses a magnetic lock installed into a revolver's lockwork; the gun's owner wears a magnetic ring on his strong hand, which supposedly opens the lock when the owner has a firing grip. At all other times, the trigger is locked.
    I have not used this system, but I can't imagine trusting it.

My preferred method is a quick-access safe. Mine has four buttons located in the fingertips of a handprint cutout. I set the combination as a specific sequence of these buttons (the combinations might as well be infinite; you can program up to six button presses in sequence, and each press can be either one button or a combination of buttons pressed simultaneously.)

This does not stop a thief, who can probably take the entire box without much trouble. But it should be enough to stymie my kids if it comes to that. Even this is not foolproof. It has a key backup, so if they get hold of the key, the combination doesn't do much good.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123