Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    I'm gonna totally laugh in your face when someone elbows your jaw off while you are tickling their belly. Oh wait, you won't ever fight in the context of which I am speaking.

Now you're just being a dingleberry. Why you'd assume I'd never fight a full thai rules match is beyond me. I've only fight international and modified thai rules at this point because that's what's been available to me. Also, you're a dingleberry.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 4:14pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Now you're just being a dingleberry. Why you'd assume I'd never fight a full thai rules match is beyond me. I've only fight international and modified thai rules at this point because that's what's been available to me. Also, you're a dingleberry.
    Because you live in the US. I have been out of the loop though maybe you are going to Thailand to fight soon?

I've never even heard of an amateur female bout with elbows to the face in the US.

I was just in a troll mood when I started today. Here is how I see it:

Int'l rules Kickboxing: This is some times called legkick rules too. It is basically K-1 style no clinch no elbows to the face and often no knees to the face. You see lots of boxing in this ruleset punches to the body are common. People can often get away with bobbing and weaving and dropping their head.

Modified MT rules: Most amateurs in the US fight this way. No elbows or knees to the head and you can clinch and throw as long as you stay busy. You still get some boxing in this because most people are comfortable with it. In this ruleset a good clinch fighter can often nullify a good boxer by tying them up and throwing them or hurting them in the clinch.

Real MT Rules: Mostly in Thailand and Europe. I have seen less than 5 fights with full MT rules in the US. Elbows and Knees to the head are encouraged and score really well. Clinch and throws are also very respected. In this ruleset punching to the body can be a huge mistake because unless you are lightning fast and/or your opponent is on their heels you can get punished by elbows. Also if you can hook to the body you can elbow to the head in most cases.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 6:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im bound to fight a full thai rules match at some point. We've only just started and we're already traveling to Boston and Washington state for fights, I'm sure in a year or two we'll be flying around the world doing matches at a professional level.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

('._.)

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 10:40pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...or youŽll be frying hamburgers at Burger King because there is no career for women in combat sports.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 10:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    ...or youŽll be frying hamburgers at Burger King because there is no career for women in combat sports.
    I never said I'd be making a living at it. Most professional female fighters have some sort of "normal" job since they don't make **** from fighting. This will not, however, prevent me and Kat from fighting internationally at a professional level. Trust me on this one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 11:15pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Most professional female fighters have some sort of "normal" job since they don't make **** from fighting.
    Doesn't that pretty much apply to most professional male fighters too?
    From what I've heard and seen, most still have regular jobs, and only the really top guys can make a living from just fighting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 11:16pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Body shots in MT come from your knees. Only fruit loops and ex-boxers throw body shots with thier hands in MT.
    Step aside son and let someone who actually knows MuayThai do the talking....

...now I will readily admit that in *MANY* cases, knees are the preferable attack to the body rather than punches, but far from *ALL* cases. Punches are much more versatile than knees.... and faster.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 11:18pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never even heard of an amateur female bout with elbows to the face in the US.
    I guess you really have been out of the loop then. Amateur bouts with elbows to the face/head have been going on for quite some time in the USA. Try Vegas (Master Toddy's shows) and Atlanta (Lane Collyer's shows)

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 11:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by warnerj5000
    Doesn't that pretty much apply to most professional male fighters too?
    From what I've heard and seen, most still have regular jobs, and only the really top guys can make a living from just fighting.
    true, it's kind of like trying to become a professional football/basketball/baseball etc. player on the men's side. On the women's side the absolute top of the heap still have to work full time jobs.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/16/2006 11:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao
    I guess you really have been out of the loop then. Amateur bouts with elbows to the face/head have been going on for quite some time in the USA. Try Vegas (Master Toddy's shows) and Atlanta (Lane Collyer's shows)

Sweet, me and Kat will have to look inta getting on a Collyer card at some point
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast