Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:28am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah the writing style seems a bit out there at points. It would be cool to actualy see its forms. I read that it got published in a IKF magazine recently but I never got to see it. I hope they eventually post some pics or something.

Yeah the instructor that I had who was John Ng's student was loony and said he knew Cinabar Palm? That he could strike my chest and it would go through my body destroing organs and whatever untill it came out the other side leaving the imprint of his hand where it came out..... Thats why I really wonder about the rest of these guys when I read stuff like that. He tells crazy stuff like that all the time and claims to have videos of him beating all the instructors in my area but never shows them.

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baator-Steel
    Yeah the writing style seems a bit out there at points. It would be cool to actualy see its forms. I read that it got published in a IKF magazine recently but I never got to see it. I hope they eventually post some pics or something.

Yeah the instructor that I had who was John Ng's student was loony and said he knew Cinabar Palm? That he could strike my chest and it would go through my body destroing organs and whatever untill it came out the other side leaving the imprint of his hand where it came out..... Thats why I really wonder about the rest of these guys when I read stuff like that. He tells crazy stuff like that all the time and claims to have videos of him beating all the instructors in my area but never shows them.
    Dude, if that doesn´t ring a bell...

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:36am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

mmm Cinnabon....that reminds me, i need to go to the mall.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 10:58am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lord it rang bells and whistles and all kinds of stuff. I quit taking his class after that.

The guy who wrote this is a diffrent student of his master. I would hope that he isnt like that one at all.

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 3:15pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, sounds like BS. However, I recently read up on Turtle Kung Fu for a RPG reference. Google it. There's a form and an iron body conditioning system for the back. Hell, I read about a Flea form in Kung Fu and Qigong magazine once. No wonder I quit buying it.

Speaking of, I have heard of a Bear form, using hard forearm blocks that transition into clawhand attacks. Apparently it's great for big strong guys. (Duh.) I've also heard that it's lost to history. Anybody know about this?

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 3:26pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard of Bear Kung Fu, but I highly doubt its legitimacy... especially these days.

The emphasis that its great for big strong guys seems unnecessary since being big and strong is a benefit for fighting in general...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 4:46pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The Bat Style originated from a most secretive style...
    I stopped reading after that point.

And, I thought the Bat technique was stretching your scrotal skin out to resemble a bat's wing.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 5:18pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I am pretty ignorant about kung fu but I cant find anythign about this except on their site. I dont know the guy who wrote this personaly but I trained under another black sash that was trained by his master for a short while. I have to say that he was full of it. Now the Master John Ng is a great guy.

I dont know but it just seems weird like the guy watched Batman begins and made up this style in my opinion. I could be wrong but I wanted to see if any of you Kung Fu guys could shed some light on this.
    http://www.ngfamilystyle.com/articles.html click on the dance of the bat article.

Here is a tiny bit of it.

"The Bat Style originated from a most secretive style, a style called Hom Don. It was a system which it was greatly misunderstood because it employed advanced, radical fighting techniques not common to the Chinese culture at that time. The style employed throwing weapons, darts, potions, elixirs, and poisons. The style originated from Six-Harmonies Fist, a predecessor to Hsing-I Chuan, but was quite wrongly dubbed an evil art due to its different and final approach to winning a fight.
    These people lived near the Cambodian border and Thailand, because they were often persecuted and literally condemned. The students were very oriented to country and faith, therefore, they were often hired out as political assassins when they felt it would benefit their families and country, such as the time of the Warring States. According to legend, one of the disciples of this house escaped to Japan sometime before, or during the Mongolian Invasion. Once in Japan, this man known as “The Buddhist Laic”(this man could have also been Taoist) started a branch of modern day Ninjitsu, teaching the Bat Style’s unusual weaponry including use of chain weapons, shurikens, and flying discs, as well as integration of Dim Mak strikes as found in the Ninja system “Gyoku Ryu.” This band of “warrior monks” began to integrate the Bat Style’s unusual weaponry and mastering of point strikes into the proliferation of what is today modern Ninjitsu. The Bat Styles’ protector was Jon Kwai, an exorcist from the Tang Dynasty, who according to legend could control evil spirits, perform supernatural feats, or even kill from a distance "

So whats the verdict on this?
    Wait Bat Style Kung Fu is Gyokko Ryu ? There is no Dim Mak is Gyokko Ryu. Its a Koshijutsu.

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 6:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agh!!!

Megatokyo!!!!!!!

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 6:36pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Oral traditional of Momochi Clan Iga Ryu Ninjutsu claims Gyokko Ryu orginated in China and Koto Ryu was develped later. However, there is no historial evidence to back up the oral tradition.

If "Bat Kung Fu" is the link. As Ders said That would be a huge historial find. However, I doubt its real.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast